Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Diana's been erased from history?

hyde park princess diana

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,594 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Walking through Hyde Park the other day, I was stopped by a group of young Japanese tourists who asked where the Diana memorial was.

I told them they’d just passed it — the ‘fountain’ that looks like an industrial storm drain.

They were shocked at the lack of respect and that our ‘famous Princess’ should be honoured in such a way. Or rather, dishonoured.

And, indeed, so should we be. Diana died 15 years ago yesterday, and has since been all but written out of the script. And it has not been by accident. As the PR agent Mark Borkowski observed this week, the Firm has sidelined Diana as part of a slick rebranding exercise.

‘The emphasis is on the young Royals,’ he said. ‘Diana has been quietly airbrushed out.’

http://www.dailymail...ed-history.html

She was a lovely lady imo. It doesn't feel like 15 years has passed. I did notice there didn't seem to be much mentioned about her anniversary in the media yesterday. That said, probably the only reason I remember the date (31st August) is because it's also my late brother's birthday. I'm wondering how many people do remember Diana died on 31st August? unless like me you have a reason for bringing it to mind.

Posted Image

#2    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 01 September 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Walking through Hyde Park the other day, I was stopped by a group of young Japanese tourists who asked where the Diana memorial was.

I told them they’d just passed it — the ‘fountain’ that looks like an industrial storm drain.

They were shocked at the lack of respect and that our ‘famous Princess’ should be honoured in such a way. Or rather, dishonoured.

And, indeed, so should we be. Diana died 15 years ago yesterday, and has since been all but written out of the script. And it has not been by accident. As the PR agent Mark Borkowski observed this week, the Firm has sidelined Diana as part of a slick rebranding exercise.

‘The emphasis is on the young Royals,’ he said. ‘Diana has been quietly airbrushed out.’

She was a lovely lady imo. It doesn't feel like 15 years has passed. I did notice there didn't seem to be much mentioned about her anniversary in the media yesterday. That said, probably the only reason I remember the date (31st August) is because it's also my late brother's birthday. I'm wondering how many people do remember Diana died on 31st August? unless like me you have a reason for bringing it to mind.

I'm not surprised she was snubbed out (or shall I say died in a car crash!)

Comparing a picture of James Hewitt (one of Dianas affairs) to a photo of Prince Harry is even more suspicious than comparing a picture of Peter Schemical to Rooneys son and thats say something lol

She had it coming to her and she doesnt deserve the poor monument she has now.

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

POPULAR

View PostMr Right Wing, on 01 September 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Have you ever won any awards for being a nice person, Mr?

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

And, indeed, so should we be. Diana died 15 years ago yesterday, and has since been all but written out of the script. And it has not been by accident.

She'll be back in the history books, when William wears The Crown.

:)

#5    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,594 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

POPULAR

Wow! You're entitled to your opinion of course but how anyone can think she deserved to die is beyond me.... You sound very bitter.

Posted Image

#6    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Diana had it coming to her? What planet are you from dude?

I'm amazed how little there has been about Diana. Yes, I agree, there appears to be an attempt to airbrush her out of history. I think Charlie boy would be so happy to have Camilla as Wills and Harry's Mummy and they could all be one big happy family.

Diana was the best thing that happened to that family and she will not be forgotten, for all the Windsors' attempts.

#7    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostEldorado, on 01 September 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

She'll be back in the history books, when William wears The Crown.

:)

Yeah, I think you're right. Kate is wearing that engagement ring for a reason.

#8    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

She is still lovely. I adore her.

These Japanse tourists should have instead visited Althorp estate to view the Princess Diana exhibit. Plenty of her dresses and other items on display. Although the exhibit has closed for the year there and is coming back to continue touring America. I want to visit one day. It will be sacred.

I'm not surprised she was snubbed out (or shall I say died in a car crash!)

Comparing a picture of James Hewitt (one of Dianas affairs) to a photo of Prince Harry is even more suspicious than comparing a picture of Peter Schemical to Rooneys son and thats say something lol

Where is the dislike button?

#9    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostAntilles, on 01 September 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Diana was the best thing that happened to that family and she will not be forgotten, for all the Windsors' attempts.

Yeah, and how many affairs did she have?

Here is James Hewitt - http://www.telegraph...fghanistan.html

Who's the daddy? Sure looks like Hewitt to me and I've watched enough Maury Show to now when something isnt right regardless of the official story. Cheating on the future King of England, getting pregnant off her lover and then finding a Eygptian boyfriend. If it was in the Middle Ages it would be off with her head never mind a nice concrete pillar in a French tunnel.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 01 September 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#10    Galilei

Galilei

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

• "Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to." —Judith Thurman

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I think she was lovely as well. It makes me sad to think of her being figuratively brushed under the rug :( She died when I was rather young. I came to know who she was through my grandmother, who had always been fascinated with royal families and their history. When I'd watch her on tv as a little girl, I thought she was the most graceful lady I had ever seen.

#11    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostGalilei, on 01 September 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I think she was lovely as well. It makes me sad to think of her being figuratively brushed under the rug :( She died when I was rather young. I came to know who she was through my grandmother, who had always been fascinated with royal families and their history. When I'd watch her on tv as a little girl, I thought she was the most graceful lady I had ever seen.

She was a narcissist that craved attention.

Charles didnt give it to her so she went through affair after affair until she met her end. I highly suspect Harry isnt the son of Charles and following her Eygptian boyfriend no more could be tolerated.

#12    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

ignore..

Edited by BrianPotter, 01 September 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#13    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

I don't agree with Right Wing's views.... But I gotta say, it's pretty obvious who harry's real father is if you really look at the photo's. He even knows, it's probably why he rebels so much.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#14    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 01 September 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

She was a narcissist that craved attention.

Charles didnt give it to her so she went through affair after affair until she met her end. I highly suspect Harry isnt the son of Charles and following her Eygptian boyfriend no more could be tolerated.

rofl and the royal men through time has behaved soooooooooooo much better! *rolls eyes*

Posted Image

#15    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 01 September 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Yeah, and how many affairs did she have?

Here is James Hewitt - http://www.telegraph...fghanistan.html

Who's the daddy? Sure looks like Hewitt to me and I've watched enough Maury Show to now when something isnt right regardless of the official story. Cheating on the future King of England, getting pregnant off her lover and then finding a Eygptian boyfriend. If it was in the Middle Ages it would be off with her head never mind a nice concrete pillar in a French tunnel.
first of all, i wouldn't be bragging about watching maury and then expect to be taken seriously if i were you...but hey that's just me...
anyway,
i looked at that pic of hewitt and then a pic of harry. first of all the eyes are completely different, the mouth also is different. the only similarity i see is in the head shape and hair color.
then i look at a pic of prince charles oh yes there are those nasty close set eyes. the mouth and nose definitely diana.
so you see your jealous rant is not so clever,  mr 'right out in left field for a right winger'.

Edited by JGirl, 03 September 2012 - 02:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users