Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

National Atomic Testing Museum Sept. 22.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi all!

September could be a interesting month at the National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas according to museum CEO and executive director Allan Palmer, himself a highly decorated former Air Force and Navy combat jet fighter....

http://www.huffingto..._n_1843040.html

apparently there are going to be hitherto unseen "UFO Secrets" revealed,
There appears to be five hand picked speakers, all of whom have strong affiliations with the military and are of impeccable character!

Ret. Army Col. John Alexander: Former military insider who created Advanced Theoretical Physics -- a group of top-level government officials and scientists brought together to study UFOs.

Ret. Air Force Col. Charles Halt: Former base commander of the RAF Bentwaters military base in England and vital eyewitness to the amazing UFO-related events at Rendlesham Forest in December 1980, where he believed the observed UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin.

Ret. Air Force Col. William Coleman: Former public information officer for the Air Force's Project Blue Book UFO study.

Ret. Air Force Col. Robert Friend: Former director of the Air Force's Project Blue Book from 1958 to 1963.

The fifth guest at the museum's upcoming UFO lecture is former U.K. UFO desk officer Nick Pope.

....Should be worth a visit for anyone in the vicinity!

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#2    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Now that's interesting. Col. William Coleman has a great deal of UFO information, and was involved with the investigation for many years.  He was Robert Emenegger's contact in the Pentagon when he made his documentary about UFOs.

I wonder if Col. Friend will discuss that incident when they tried to make telepathic contact with the aliens?  I think he knows a lot too, but never told it all.

#3    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

The first UFO report involving a nuclear facility that I ever saw was from Oak Ridge in 1944, around the time that production was beginning at the gaseous diffusion plant that was producing uranium for the atomic bomb, and they were also seen over the plutonium plant at Hanford in 1945.  That is one big consistence in UFO reports--their interest in all things nuclear.

#4    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 September 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

The first UFO report involving a nuclear facility that I ever saw was from Oak Ridge in 1944, around the time that production was beginning at the gaseous diffusion plant that was producing uranium for the atomic bomb, and they were also seen over the plutonium plant at Hanford in 1945.  That is one big consistence in UFO reports--their interest in all things nuclear.
If your ever in Albq, New Mexico they have a wonderful Atomic museum also !

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#5    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,111 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 September 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Now that's interesting. Col. William Coleman has a great deal of UFO information, and was involved with the investigation for many years.  He was Robert Emenegger's contact in the Pentagon when he made his documentary about UFOs.

I wonder if Col. Friend will discuss that incident when they tried to make telepathic contact with the aliens?  I think he knows a lot too, but never told it all.

Thanks for the replies MacGuffin, and yes I agree that it is a great handful of guests, and i'm truly disappointed that I wont be there to hear what they have to say first hand, ..and I also realise that because of these guys background and experiences  that they have probably forgotten more than the average researcher will ever know on the subject.And I would be interested to know how far Col Alexander got with his Amnesty from being 'sworn to secrecy' for military UFO witnesses.....I doubt that it will ever happen though!

Cheers.

Edited by 1963, 03 September 2012 - 12:15 AM.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#6    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,111 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 September 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Hi MacGuffin!...Thanks for the information buddy, I have known that there is a distinct correlation between nuclear facilities and UFO's for a long time, and according to this Rense article, perhaps there is an awful lot of information to be revealed by the Atomic Energy Commission..?

http://rense.com/general20/fo.htm

Cheers buddy.

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,007 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

View Post1963, on 03 September 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hi MacGuffin!...Thanks for the information buddy, I have known that there is a distinct correlation between nuclear facilities and UFO's for a long time, and according to this Rense article, perhaps there is an awful lot of information to be revealed by the Atomic Energy Commission..?

Cheers buddy.

Hey 1963,

nice thread mate, I hope everyone doesnt focus on Nick pope and ignore the other guest speakers.....(I guess like a lion would pick on the weakest of the bunch to launch the attack) :)

have a look at the tantalising testimony thread as there is a similar discussion going on there, although here may be a more apporpriate place to continue the conversation.

(hope all is well by the way) :tu:

#8    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

I suspect that HuffPost will report on this event. I check their UFO forum every day and they always have interesting news there.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#9    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Post1963, on 03 September 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Cheers buddy.

They knew even back then that UFOs showed up for every nuclear test, including the Bikini tests in 1946.  They were even seen over Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the blasts, and regularly reported around any facilities and bases that designed, tested or stored nuclear weapons.  There are quite a few declassified documents about these incidents, at least from the 1940s and 1950s.

Posted Image

#10    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

And these documents about UFOs over the Oak Ridge facility, which actually got a number of "visitors" in the old days, starting in World War II.

http://www.openminds...C-Memo-1950.pdf

http://www.openminds...I-Memo-1950.pdf

#11    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

View Post1963, on 03 September 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies MacGuffin, and yes I agree that it is a great handful of guests, and i'm truly disappointed that I wont be there to hear what they have to say first hand, ..and I also realise that because of these guys background and experiences  that they have probably forgotten more than the average researcher will ever know on the subject.And I would be interested to know how far Col Alexander got with his Amnesty from being 'sworn to secrecy' for military UFO witnesses.....I doubt that it will ever happen though!

That is just more proof that governments can indeed keep secrets for decades if they want to, although when it comes to UFOs they also seem to permit leaks every once in a while and partial disclosure of information.

We really do have quite a few older documents that confirm UFO interest in all things nuclear, although as with everything else in this field I'm sure that a lot more information remains classified.  If it was ever leaked to the public at all, it was done in very unconventional ways, like through Hollywood contacts and things like that.

Edward Ruppelt said that the UFO investigation was always very active any time there were atomic tests, and that it would be standing by to collect any information that it could since they were certain the UFOs would always show up for these.  In my posts, I have linked several UFO flaps to periods when nuclear tests were being conducted and I have no doubt that there are many more incidents that we don't know about.

#12    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I found an interesting article about UFO visits to various nuclear facilities, which were very well documented in the official records available to us:

"In fact, a confidential Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) “Summary of Information,” dated Oct. 21, 1950, concerning “Objects Sighted Over Oak Ridge, Tennessee,” reveals that a UFO had been first sighted and photographed around that restricted area on June 1947, right at the beginning of the flying saucer modern era. The FBI memo quoted in our previous article, regarding the opinions of an army nuclear technician at Oak Ridge, gives further details about these photos. It says that after submitting it to thorough analysis,government experts determined “that the photographs were, without doubt, authentic.”

The document also reveals that when the security authorities of Oak Ridge learned that the photographer had distributed several prints “among his acquaintances at Oak Ridge,” orders were given immediately “to recover as many as possible of the photographs, advise the persons in whose possession they were found to say nothing to anyone concerning them, and to return the said photographs to him for transmission to the United States Air Force Intelligence Service.” Although the photos would be later officially labeled “the result of accident or purposeful hoax,” it is interesting to note that, according to the CIC Summary of Information, “some officials at Atomic Energy Commission question the veracity of this statement. They also believe it significant that the Air Force did not return the negative of this print.”

Again in June 1949, and on every day between March 1st and 6th, 1950, there were new reports of UFOs flying over the restricted area of Oak Ridge. But the highest security alert would take place later on that year, on October 12, 13, 15 and 16, when several unidentified objects were both detected on radar and seen by a number of competent witnesses which included AEC security personnel and civilian employees at the AEC Oak Ridge facilities. Fighter jets were scrambled on at least two occasions, but “made unsuccessful passes” and “could see nothing.”

http://www.google.co...29,r:0,s:0,i:76

#13    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

If you guys happen to find a video of this event, please post it here!

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#14    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,111 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postquillius, on 03 September 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Hey 1963,

nice thread mate, I hope everyone doesnt focus on Nick pope and ignore the other guest speakers.....(I guess like a lion would pick on the weakest of the bunch to launch the attack) :)

have a look at the tantalising testimony thread as there is a similar discussion going on there, although here may be a more apporpriate place to continue the conversation.

(hope all is well by the way) :tu:

Hi Quillius, all is well my friend and sincerely hope that life is just a ball for you and yours too buddy! :tu:

And yes I share your concerns about the scenario of people using 'Nick Pope' as a lame excuse to label the event as a 'non-starter' without considering the value of the other prestigiously well-placed and experienced speakers.
Because in my humble opinion, to do so would be to demonstrate whether or not the correct amount of open-mindedness was being applied to the very aim that we all claim to have on this subject!

btw, Q, I do drop by Zozer's threads quite often...he is a refreshing and exuberant poster, that with whom I may have slightly  different interpretations of events with from time to time,,but  is not too far away from my own position on the ETH. :yes:

Cheers buddy.

#15    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,111 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

Hi MacGuffin!
Some nice posting there my friend! :tu: ...You sure know your stuff, are you sure that you are not really Robert Hastings? lol.

I have just read this interesting article about a huge cigar shaped UFO sighted above F.E. Warren Air Force Base, in Cheyenne, Wyoming during "a malfunction in communication with 50 of its Minuteman III nuclear missiles". from Mr Hastings' site, ...

http://www.ufohastin...stem-disruption

Cheers buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users