Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Modern wheat, perfect chronic poison

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

View Postbones101proof, on 04 September 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

Everyday I see people at the grocery store, in machine wheel chairs who are 300+ pounds, stocking their baskets with 3 liter cokes, corny dogs, 2lb. bags of doritos, fried chicken from the deli, etc. I really don't think these fat people are eating much wheat, in fact some of them probably haven't heard of wheat.

I did not know Coke came in 3 liter bottles.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#32    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostOverSword, on 04 September 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Hasn't anyone else noticed that everyone who gets tested for gluten alergies these days turns out to be to be allergic?

edited for spelling

I was tested for a gluten allergy and was negative.  I did turn out to have fructose malabsorption disorder which is not an immune thing.

#33    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 04 September 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

mind you, three geneations ago people were dropping dead from TB ( was it TB or was it something else?) in "real milk", so not all "real fods" are 100% safe either.

Unpateurized milk is the main natural source of TB and is a big spreader of toxic E. coli species.

#34    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostHilander, on 05 September 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

Yes thank you, I am talking about modern wheat that has been genetically modified to produce bigger yields and now it has something called gliadin in it because it was modified.  Organically grown, it still doesn't matter because they are using a modified seed so same result.

Even if its whole wheat never been bleached it still has it in it.  Have to watch the whole wheat breads and such because they put gluten in it.

Most cereal grains were genetically modified to produce bigger yields BCE.  Gliadin is present in all Triticum grass species and is partcially responsible for wheat's ability to rise during baking.  Most modern wheats contain more gliadin than is present in the original species and some contain more than is present in even more modern wheat varieties pre-1930s.  Although it is likely more a product of selective breeding than manual addition of genes.

Edited by FurthurBB, 06 September 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#35    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Posttunepunk, on 05 September 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

How strange. My diet consists mostly of white bread, toast, juice, pizza, beer and milk, at least 5 days a week and I just had a bit of a cold 1 day the last 2 and half years. I rarely eat what people call "healthy" food, and I party quite hard on the and been doing so the last 10 years... how do you explain that? People blame sugars, karbonhydrates, fat, whatever... From my experience, what really matters when it comes to your physical health has less to do with what you put in your mouth but how much.... the body isn't built to handle a royal buffet of everything you ever want every day. Try starve yourself a bit, eat 1 small meal of your choice once per day instead of 3-4 supersized meals then feast on what you enjoy most once in a while....
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16529878
Yeah, we all did that, but you can't do it for ever. At some point it all catches up with you and you find you don't have much choice but to eat more healthily. :(

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users