Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

picks for UFC 152

notoverrated

here are my picks for the main card ( im not going into the undercard but you can bring it up if you want)

feel free to post yours also.

first fight on the main card Cub Swanson vs Charles Oliveira - i got cub swanson for no reason other then i like his style and i think he can knock oliveria out

second fight Matt Hamill vs Vladimir Matyushenko - i got Vladimir matyushenko, for being faster and the better striker ( i think they are even on wrestling)

third fight Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann - i have Brian "the all american" Stann for having the more power and the deadlier striking, wrestling goes to mike tho but Brian should be able to stop take downs he has been working with chael sonnen.

fourth fight Joseph Benavidez vs Demetrious Johnson for the flyweight championship- i have Ben he has way more power almost as fast and DM and is by far the better wrestler and submission artist.

fifth fight Jon Jones © vs Vitor Belfort- im going with jones he is hands down the better fighter, but vitor can clip anyone and put them down so jones is going to have to stay outside and pick his shot take him down and open him up and then after that he can do what ever he likes.

so there are my picks post yours if you care :P

1.Cub by split(like you,no particular reason,could go either way)

2.I'll take Matt.1st or 2nd round(I like Vlad,especially in his hayday,but that's gone past him.Matt's a little better conditioned,I think.Young lungs.lol)

3.I'm with ya on Stann.Hope he knocks Bisping out!,But again,could go either way

4.I'll take DJ.Don't know why.just for@#$%'s and giggles?Pretty even fight if ya ask me.

5.I'd probably bet the farm on JJ,but if I did,superhuman Vitor would show up again.lol,but JJ by 1st round tko

Good card for the diehards.(like us)

• Like 1

1.Cub by split(like you,no particular reason,could go either way)

2.I'll take Matt.1st or 2nd round(I like Vlad,especially in his hayday,but that's gone past him.Matt's a little better conditioned,I think.Young lungs.lol)

3.I'm with ya on Stann.Hope he knocks Bisping out!,But again,could go either way

4.I'll take DJ.Don't know why.just for@#$%'s and giggles?Pretty even fight if ya ask me.

5.I'd probably bet the farm on JJ,but if I did,superhuman Vitor would show up again.lol,but JJ by 1st round tko

Good card for the diehards.(like us)

nice picks but i dont like how matt just walks in front of his opponents spamming overhands without having a chin like hendo or shogun so i think vlad could just pop him one (also ring rust could play a factor for me)

edit: not that he has a horrible chin its just not good enough for the style he chooses in my opinion.

Edited by notoverrated
  • Like 1

nice picks but i dont like how matt just walks in front of his opponents spamming overhands without having a chin like hendo or shogun so i think vlad could just pop him one (also ring rust could play a factor for me)

edit: not that he has a horrible chin its just not good enough for the style he chooses in my opinion.

Good point.last I seen of Matt,he was still staging on his feet like a wrestler.Too centered,not showin' enough shoulder.Be cool to see Vlad just charge him,with guns blazin'.lol.

Matt should get it to the ground,gain mount,and control the fight.Drag out the rounds.

Knowing my luck,Matt will be trying to show he can stand.And who knows what'll happen there.lol

• Like 1

Good point.last I seen of Matt,he was still staging on his feet like a wrestler.Too centered,not showin' enough shoulder.Be cool to see Vlad just charge him,with guns blazin'.lol.

Matt should get it to the ground,gain mount,and control the fight.Drag out the rounds.

Knowing my luck,Matt will be trying to show he can stand.And who knows what'll happen there.lol

lol sometimes its frustrating watching wrestlers (or any guy with a base) that just chooses not to realy use it. its like come on now you have great blah blah why the hell are you doing blah blah with this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACN03zzWoo&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by notoverrated
  • Like 1

Vitor/R1/Murder Jones will oblique kick the **** out of Vitor, hoping to **** his knee (and career) and by doing so will remove the power from his punches and neutralise his swarm attack. It doesn't matter though as Jones will get Hendo'd by Hendo later a la jizzping.

DJ/R3/Dec Joseph wasn't expected to get past Yasuhiro and for that, I give the DEC to DJ.

p***ping/R3/Dec Stann may be the harder hitter, but as his fight with Sonnen showed It's not all about hitting hard. Bisping will circle, jab, circle, jab his way to a DEC.

Vlad/R2/TKO Hamill is coming off a layoff of over a year to 'fill in' for the UFC. Who knows how hard he has been training? For this, I give the edge to Vlad.

Swanson/R2/TKO Swanson is such a character and he fights with a grim determination. Oliviera has nothing to offer on the feet and Swanson knows not to go to the ground with him.

I'm going to delve into the Undercard, but only the 2 fights that I'm interested in.

Jimmy Hettes vs Marcus Brimage: Hettes/R3/SUB After seeing Hettes utterly dominate Nam Phan, I think we've got another very talented youngster who's going to rise up in the rankings, using Brimage to do so.

Noke vs Brenneman: Noke/R1/KO Aussie Aussie Aussie! OI OI OI! I don't know how Noke will handle Brennemans wrestling, but since he's an Aussie....He's gonna damn well win!

Edited by Wandering

Matyushenko is out and Roger Hollett will be stepping in to face Hamill instead.

This makes the fight more interesting in my eyes, and harder to pick. Hollett is a good fighter riding a decent win streak but this is his UFC debut. We've seen how some fighters seem to choke on their debut, will be curious to see how he goes. I doubt there will be any jitters for Hamill since only his first fight was outside the UFC.

I'm going to go with Hollett though. R1/KO

• 2 weeks later...