Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Age127: World's oldest person?

Still Waters

A woman who claims to be the world's oldest person has allegedly celebrated her 127th birthday.

Luo Meizhen lives with her only son, who she reportedly gave birth to at the age of 61, in Bama, south China's Guangxi province.

She was born on July 9, 1885 in the Chinese lunar calendar, which this year fell on August 25 in the international calendar.

That would make her 127 - five years older than the verified oldest person who ever lived.

http://www.dailymail...rth-son-61.html

I'm a bit mystified on the dates,is the Chinese calendar different from the International one ?.If this lady's age is authentic,great but she will probably need Ironing..

It sounded interesting until it said it was reported by the Daily Mail whereupon I just closed the tab lol

Without birth records who can call her wrong? Calling her right is the same problem. Let's allow this woman to enjoy her status, after all she causes harm to no-one. Congratulations lady, on your age or your audacity.

• Like 3

I'd love for one of these centurions, when asked for their secret to a long life to reply with, "It's a curse, I guess".

I'd love for one of these centurions, when asked for their secret to a long life to reply with, "It's a curse, I guess".

My grandfather lived to be 104... On his 100th birthday he was asked for the secret... He grinned a bit and said "Smoke a cigar every day, drink lots of liquor and chase the women until you forget what your chasing them for..."

• Like 2

It sounded interesting until it said it was reported by the Daily Mail whereupon I just closed the tab lol

Each human cell contains 7 repair genes which are SIRT1 to SIRT7

These are your defences to keep you alive and healthy during times of famine and drought. In normal humans they are activated when things are missing from your diet -

1. Low calories (trigger is low blood insulin)

2. Low protein (trigger is low blood insulin)

3. Low water

Basically your body boasts its repair mechanisms during famine and drought to prevent it incurring any damage. However the repair mechanisms are potent and over repair. The result is damage to cells and dna which already existed is also corrected. This slows down, halts and can even reverse aging.

Scientists advise a long-term calorie restricted diet with high-nutrition and low protein if you want to live to 200. In addition red grapes and red wine contain a potent activator of Sirts which is reveratrol. That fruit pigment activates them even when your body being isnt in famine-drought mode and provokes a more extreme response when it is. Blueberries make your insulin levels plummet so they are good too.

Other activators of Sirts are - moderate exercise, heat shock, cold shock, injury, infection, lack of sleep, low doses of radiation and low doses of toxin. Basically your cells upregulate their repair when under stressors but the mechanisms over repair. Its likely you can far exceed 200 without drugs or gene therapy.

Scientists already acknowledge that the first person to reach 200 is already alive so 127 is totally plausable.

Finally I forgot whole cows milk. Estrogen de-ages cells by increasing the length of telomeres. Mice have been completely de-aged using it. In humans it will work the same as we both have the same Sirts. In humans it might increase the risk of cancer as we live longer than mice and are therefore more likley to have damaged cells in our bodies which can turn cancerous.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

I'll be happy if I make it to 80 let alone 127, wow the penny just dropped a127 years of birthday pressies, what do you buy 127 year old. ? :cry:

I would say that genetics, diet and mentality are main key factors to a long life. not to mention a good cup of coffee. lol

She's only above the oldest verifiable age (Jeanne Calment) by about 4 1/2 years. So, who knows.

Her giving birth at the age of 61, I'm more suspicious about. But then again she's older than the Guinness Book, so again, who knows? She could tell you and me a lot of things.

what do you buy 127 year old. ? :cry:

Diapers, sweets, Scotch, colourful drinking straws and extra diapers.

Or clothes that look ridiculous.

Edited by Eldorado

She's only above the oldest verifiable age (Jeanne Calment) by about 4 1/2 years. So, who knows.

Her giving birth at the age of 61, I'm more suspicious about. But then again she's older than the Guinness Book, so again, who knows? She could tell you and me a lot of things.

Actually thats the kind of thing that would need to happen.

Dietry restriction with high nutrition extends female fertility too. The scientists need to look at her diet to see if its plant based with the occasional bit of meat.

• Like 1

Fact of the matter is that she is actually 135 years old.

Why do women feel the need to lie about their age?

• Like 2

Fact of the matter is that she is actually 135 years old.

Why do women feel the need to lie about their age?

Vanity. Same reason men lie about their penis size and it's capabilities. In my opinion.

Actually thats the kind of thing that would need to happen.

Dietry restriction with high nutrition extends female fertility too. The scientists need to look at her diet to see if its plant based with the occasional bit of meat.

She celebrated her birthday with rice, pork, duck and chicken... Chinese people eat A LOT of meat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just by looks, I'd believe her. Or that she's on meth and 27.

• Like 1

2 Irish guys looking over a cemetary wall,Pat says,theres old mother Riley she went at 106,and there's Flanaghan he went at 121,then he looked down beside him and said,Jays it says on this one Miles T- Dublin 156. Wow !

• Like 1

I've noticed too that women who enjoy just the occasional bit of meat seem to live to a ripe old age. Unlike those greedy ones. I'm sure I read that the average life expectancy of a female adult-entertainer is around 37 or summat, e.g.

Edit to remove video of greedy adult-entertainers lest I get banned.

Edited by Eldorado