Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Pagan Practices 101

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#196    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 05 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

hey, did you really start the glossary, is there a separate link??

I did, it's post # 20 in this thread.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#197    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,213 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 05 November 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

I was curios about paganism. How and where do i start do pagans worship the earth and trees moon stuff like that.if not somebody point me in the right place..

There is lot of different kinds of Paganism like there are many kinds of Christianity.  I started in the library.  I was called to it and was looking for answers and found them with a Pagan path. A good book to get started with is Drawing Down the Moon, by Margot Adler.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#198    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 05 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

just like paganism is generic, it really seems like witch is generic as well. My assumption is that it is someone that uses the elements for powers, and Christians consistently do that through God, or attempt to at least in our lame understanding - I think Christianity just points to the one true ultimate God, rather than through all these different entities. Although, overtime, it has always taken form in these various entities. All we have left are different names on pieces of paper with different descriptions about him/her*, what they like etc and try to appease them. This is the same for Jehova, as far as the offerings are concerned.

*I am not saying they are not real, or do not exist - I have not met them. If they exist, I agree and think they are getting pleasure from your spiritual attention. I also think that any sort of that sort of thing is a filter of worship of the ultimate divine, and that ultimate is divided in two : evil and good - If I understand anything about Karma, is that you pretty much want to be gearing your spiritual energy toward the good.

As I read I'm sure I will hear more. But I don't agree with working with devils, to commit bad magic... I think that in all of your 'work' you should bless the world. I know some see themselves as 'the bringers of destruction' > or some such similar term, in the language of however they talk. :D But that these acts, invariably would land on your own head, no matter what or who you serve...

who should we serve? The people of the earth...

Anyway, yeah I think I got to page three or four. I'll be back to read some more.

**I come in peace.***

Many many years ago,a friend of mine was going to Peru on business. For reasons she could not explain,she was terrified. She actually said she thought she had been sacrificed there ,in another life.
I was a novice at the time,and felt the need to try to protect her .
I took a cross,and did a ritual of protection over it .
I felt as if it was a weak effort,but my intentions were very pure.

She had actually been raised Jewish ,but was not religious at all. I was pretty much pulling away from organized religion ,but I felt a cross would convey an added layer of protection ,despite my infusing it with a wiccan protection spell .

This friend,works in the clothing design field.Many of her designs are used by major designers,like Anna Sui and Betsy Johnson.
She's very eccentric in her manners and dress. She's always been this way.
When CDs first came out,she started wearing one around her neck . This is llllooonnng,as in years before anyone else did it.
It was probably in the 80s . I will ask her ,but its at least 25 years ago,but might be closer to thirty.

She wore numerous charms,strands of beads,CDs and other items ,on no less than 20 things,all around her neck.

The first time she went to Peru,she was fine . Then,a year later,she went again . On this trip,she met a shaman .
He looked at everything on her neck ,and of the dozens of charms,she said he reached out and touched the cross I had given her.
He said to her,"a witch gave this to you ,and it does protect you ".

Knowing what I do now,I know he must have been an experienced bokor.
At the time ,it amazed me ,and made me feel more confident about my magick works.
But its true,witch is also generic ,and we appear to recognise eachother,despite differences in what we practice.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 06 November 2012 - 02:48 AM.

Miss me?

#199    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,213 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

My assumption is that it is someone that uses the elements for powers, and Christians consistently do that through God, or attempt to at least in our lame understanding - I think Christianity just points to the one true ultimate God, rather than through all these different entities.

I think the difference between the perception of god in most Neo Pagan thought and god in the Abrahamic thought is god in Abrahamic thought is god is separate from nature, in Pagan thought nature is god.  All the Gods and Goddesses Pagans work with are different aspects of the natural Universe. Which is the meaning of the phase "As above, so below." This why a lot of Pagans look to eastern religions for inspiration. The ultimate god is the Universe which we are just another aspect of, we are the gods and goddesses, so is the dog, the cat and the tree.This is the concept that seems to get the Baptists running off the porch screaming blasphemy.   This is the fundamental basis of magic, which is why it appears to be generic and we recognize each other work.  All we are doing is using our energy (which is vibration) to manipulate the energy of the Universe to make outcomes.  The crystals, candles and amulets are away of focusing energy.   An experienced witch or shaman will feel the energy from them.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#200    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 06 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

All we are doing is using our energy (which is vibration) to manipulate the energy of the Universe to make outcomes.

What kind of energy is it that you manipulate? Is it demonstrable?

#201    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,213 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Everything is energy, what kind do we use I don't know, but something is going on beyond chance. Demonstrable scientifically no it is not, anymore than prayer or god is demonstrable. For me it is more of a hobby, I don't take it too seriously.

#202    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,290 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 06 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

I think the difference between the perception of god in most Neo Pagan thought and god in the Abrahamic thought is god in Abrahamic thought is god is separate from nature, in Pagan thought nature is god.  All the Gods and Goddesses Pagans work with are different aspects of the natural Universe. Which is the meaning of the phase "As above, so below." This why a lot of Pagans look to eastern religions for inspiration. The ultimate god is the Universe which we are just another aspect of, we are the gods and goddesses, so is the dog, the cat and the tree.This is the concept that seems to get the Baptists running off the porch screaming blasphemy.   This is the fundamental basis of magic, which is why it appears to be generic and we recognize each other work.  All we are doing is using our energy (which is vibration) to manipulate the energy of the Universe to make outcomes.  The crystals, candles and amulets are away of focusing energy.   An experienced witch or shaman will feel the energy from them.

When spending much time with God it becomes very clear that God is also nature. I think any scene of extreme natural beauty really makes people - that is - anyone, think of God...

Edited by SpiritWriter, 06 November 2012 - 03:58 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#203    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,213 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

In my belief,  god is nature and there is no also.

#204    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,290 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Nature is everything and so is God.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#205    WillowWolf

WillowWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• "Destiny is not within the hands of the stars, but within the hands of man."

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hello my fellow wiccans. I have recently found this site and convinced myself to join. I have been a practitioner for almost five years now. Sadly enough I am living with a strict christian family and haven't "come out of the broom closet" yet. My closest friends and sister know the truth. *note that I do have another account on here but cannot risk being traced back to this page* anyways, I hope to share my knowledge as well as learn from all of you.
  Blessed be-WillowWolf

- "The greatest gift ever given to the likes of man, is the gift of free-will. If you choose to use it for evil. That's your own fault."
- "Magick is real, to all who open their eyes to it."
- To all of my fellow human beings of this Earth...
Merry meet, and merry part, and merry meet again!
~Blessed be

#206    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,521 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Carry on. Glad you are here.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#207    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hello everyone. I just found this page.   I follow a Celtic/shamon path.  My roommate follows an Isisan path.  My other roommate is christian.  Im looking forward to talking with you all

#208    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,213 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hail and welcome, long wolf2. Are you active in your practice?

#209    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

A several years

#210    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Went to several pacific circle gatherings in s California.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users