Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Pagan Practices 101

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#91    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

And I should have said the best of all. I can open, clean, and close my chakras. I visualize. I practice mindfulness meditation even while driving sometimes after all my path has to help me in the city where I live. I also trust in science, neurology and psychology especially, but modern scholarship in general. My path is informed by all this and can even be informed by you.

#92    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,291 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

I know a good shaman,but he's in nyc .
You should be going for acupuncture and craniosacral therapy . It helps with MS.

Have you tried bee therapy ?,
Some people swear by it,others have no results. I think the key to it working ,is being stung in the right acupuncture point ,which is also why I think. cortisone injections sometimes do work,and sometimes don't work .
Had acupuncture, did it for a month, didn't work, cortisone doesn't work, makes it worse. It is not used for MS anyway.  Bee stings no way, it has been studyed the science doesn't bare out, it might even make it worse. (If you know anything about MS) I have a good healer who helps me a lot.  I can deal with my pain, been doing it a long time. It is others peoples pain and that makes it hard. I can be walking up the street and meet someones eyes and wham, I feel their pain.  My dog picks up on it too. Which is what make her so good at therapy work.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#93    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 10,291 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 08 September 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Internal conflicts will surface reguardless. I'm the same as you. Let negattivity pass through you like a conduit. no good to close it off. If you have a call similar to a shaman, it's insanity not to answer.

Thank you Seeker,  good advice, as always.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#94    camochick

camochick

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 219 posts

• Just Lovley.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Ooooowwww,this is most specific ....you need major banishing,cleansing and protection .
I think its lying to you . I confront them,but I have the ability to send them packing

If it were me ,I would say to it : if i killed you ,karma will take care of me,which means there's no reason for you to be here at all .
Leave ,or I will make you leave,and you won't like it .

It sounds like a demon to me. If you want,I can tell you how to send Kali after it . Tell it Kali is going to eat him ,and then laugh .
You will need to chant her mantra . Her symbol is always a good thing to know .I can probably find it on line for you ..

If you want to just do banishing to start ,for you,you need at least 2 white candles. A bag of sea salt . A bottle of Florida water
....I would also get white flowers ,you can also do an egg bath .
There's a lot of ways to go about it ,but its messing with you .
Tell it,in a harsh tone,to **** off .
They back off a bit if you get  very defensive .They expect you to be afraid .

I have quite a few demons who visit me and with them I can easily tell them to F* off but the red eyed one tormented me for 3-4 years when I was just becoming a teenager and he terrifies me to the greatest extent. I've managed to make my own version of a protection spell for my room and it works but it seems that since I've gotten my pet that he won't set foot in my house. The other demons won't come in my room but they'll sit on my front porch. I've had a spirit throw an energy ball at a friend and it literally threw him backwards and the spirit just laughed. I haven't seen him in a while but since he left I've had many things from previously lives been brought up and they all include me watching my previous deaths. I haven't seen a past life that I've reached the age of 30. I think something serious is pissed off at me. I remember being little and the shadows used to tell me that the Shadow King wants me to go live with him and they never go away.

*HUGS*

#95    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 08 September 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

I wish I could find a good Shaman, I have had natural trial by ordeal from my MS. Pain like that really changes you. I have aways been empathic, but that ramped it up to the point of being difficult deal with sometimes. So I end up blocking things I probably shouldn't. I know when you block things coming in, you end up blocking what should go out.  I used to be a lot more open, but of late I have just closed up. People come to me for spiritual help and I just back away. I can't deal with their energy.  All I really want to do anymore is sit in the woods alone. It is the only place I find peace anymore. I'll be glad when the cools down, that is just what I am going to do.

I wish I could help!  I went through a time period kinda-sorta similar but for me it was inner turmoil that caused it, rather than chronic pain.  So once the turmoil settled down, I've been getting back to "normal" though I still am very sensitive to other people's moods and energies.  I have to walk away if emotions get to high because it's kind of like waves crashing against my skull and it can cause a panic attack.

Do you get much quiet time to yourself?  If you don't get much solitude (even from people you are comfortable with) then taking more may help.  I spent a year living alone and limiting my interaction with people to work and weekend nights, and having that time to be completely alone and not have the pressure that comes from other people around was quite healing.

The single best moment was one time I had run out to get sushi and the moment I was back in my home a downpour started.  I sat on my balcony enjoying the rain and having dinner, and it was quite an amazing moment.  But rain and sushi are two of my favorite things - ever -

I also find that I feel a lot calmer and ... sane... if I burn incense on a regular basis.  I don't know if it is the incense itself, or because it's tied to some of my best childhood memories because my grandfather used to burn it often.

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#96    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

No,its not quite the same.

Our binding,is binding something TO something else. Be it a person place or thing,but its usually a person .
Women stupidly do binding magick on men they want,and end up with a nutty stalker .

In Asia,binding is more like the concept of making something ,usually an evil something,incapable of wreaking havoc.
So its sealed to make it unable to do what it usually does . Think more of the movies where some evil thing,is put in a coffin,with special chains and spells on it,then buried ,and covered in lead ,and then concrete .
That's sealing .
In Japan,evil yokai would be sealed by monks ,into a place,where they couldn't move out of that place .
Like that . There are the little white slips with kanji prayers on them,that they put on the foreheads of creatures they want to keep in limbo.
Ghosts demons vampires. They sealed them all the time.

Ah, I see. Excellent description.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#97    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 08 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Had acupuncture, did it for a month, didn't work, cortisone doesn't work, makes it worse. It is not used for MS anyway.  Bee stings no way, it has been studyed the science doesn't bare out, it might even make it worse. (If you know anything about MS) I have a good healer who helps me a lot.  I can deal with my pain, been doing it a long time. It is others peoples pain and that makes it hard. I can be walking up the street and meet someones eyes and wham, I feel their pain.  My dog picks up on it too. Which is what make her so good at therapy work.
Oh,I wasn't suggesting cortisone for you,just I think the shots work when it hits the right acupuncture point during the injection .
Hmmm,I would look into craniosacral therapy then .
Acupuncture should help ,so.....no idea what kind of practitioner you saw.
Craniosacral rids the body of gathered and stored pain ,emotional and physical . Some people cry during sessions,and feel better afterwards .
Do not do unwinding or visceral manipulations,just the spine and cranial sutures .
Google upledger institute in Florida to find someone near you .
It's completely non invasive .
Also qi gong,and AMMAs IM meditation technique would help you .
I could give you info to help you find a place near you to learn it .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 08 September 2012 - 11:27 PM.

Miss me?

#98    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 10,291 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Oh,I wasn't suggesting cortisone for you,just I think the shots work when it hits the right acupuncture point during the injection .
Hmmm,I would look into craniosacral therapy then .
Acupuncture should help ,so.....no idea what kind of practitioner you saw.
Craniosacral rids the body of gathered and stored pain ,emotional and physical . Some people cry during sessions,and feel better afterwards .
Do not do unwinding or visceral manipulations,just the spine and cranial sutures .
Google upledger institute in Florida to find someone near you .
It's completely non invasive .
Also qi gong,and AMMAs IM meditation technique would help you .
I could give you info to help you find a place near you to learn it .

Why should spend money on Craniosacral when I can get Riki for free. Acupuncture doesn't work on everybody, it really depends on what is going on.   I know what is going on in my spine. There is a structure in your spine that filters pain signals, mine is wonky.  But my MS buddies who are in wheelchairs usually feel nothing and as a neuro told me I have pain, therefore I walk. Not a bad trade if you ask me. I could spend a lot of money (I don't have) on crap that might or more than likely not work. If I had a dollar for everytime someone like you tells me what I should do I would be a rich and I would give it all to MS charities.  If you want to help me and others like me then donate money to research for a cure. The National MS Society is a good one, they have given me a lot of help, so has MS Center of SW Florida. (I would like to see them go national.) So far I figure you owe me about 5 bucks so send it off to one of them.   I don't even care if they could cure me, but if they could prevent anyone else from getting MS I would be very happy.  I know people who are locked in their bodies, who can't see, talk or move.  I have one friend all she can do is smile. I have one who can't even do that anymore. I really do hate MS, because what it has done to so many people.

http://www.mscenters...e=20&menu=About
http://www.nationalm....org/index.aspx
http://www.msfocus.org/
http://www.msaa.com/

Any of these organizations are good. The MSAA sent me a cooling vest for free. I am very grateful to them for doing that, it is a big help in Florida heat, which makes my MS worse.

#99    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 09 September 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Why should spend money on Craniosacral when I can get Riki for free. Acupuncture doesn't work on everybody, it really depends on what is going on.   I know what is going on in my spine. There is a structure in your spine that filters pain signals, mine is wonky.  But my MS buddies who are in wheelchairs usually feel nothing and as a neuro told me I have pain, therefore I walk. Not a bad trade if you ask me. I could spend a lot of money (I don't have) on crap that might or more than likely not work. If I had a dollar for everytime someone like you tells me what I should do I would be a rich and I would give it all to MS charities.  If you want to help me and others like me then donate money to research for a cure. The National MS Society is a good one, they have given me a lot of help, so has MS Center of SW Florida. (I would like to see them go national.) So far I figure you owe me about 5 bucks so send it off to one of them.   I don't even care if they could cure me, but if they could prevent anyone else from getting MS I would be very happy.  I know people who are locked in their bodies, who can't see, talk or move.  I have one friend all she can do is smile. I have one who can't even do that anymore. I really do hate MS, because what it has done to so many people.

http://www.mscenters...&menu=About
http://www.nationalm....org/index.aspx
http://www.msfocus.org/
http://www.msaa.com/

Any of these organizations are good. The MSAA sent me a cooling vest for free. I am very grateful to them for doing that, it is a big help in Florida heat, which makes my MS worse.
I didnt know you got reiki for free,and Its a completely different modality from craniosacral therapy.
I am a practitioner of cranio,and I know basic reiki .
I think a lot of reiki today ,in the USA ,is a completely bastardized version of true japanese reiki .I know numerous witches that do it,and its not true reiki .
Sorry. I won't suggest anything again .

Miss me?

#100    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 10,291 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

PAGANS!!! Dang Pagans, they can be so exasperating!!!

edit, Some how it posted before I was done.
It can be really really hard to get Pagans to agree on anything. Like they say it is like herding cats. Doing public rituals can be crazy. Then sometimes you have to work around local governments. Does anyone go to public rituals? Or is active in their Pagan community?

Edited by Darkwind, 09 September 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#101    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Which names do you mean ?
I will watch it again later.Where in the vid,what is he doing when he says them .
i think he was referring to gods, and he said there name when he was like blessing the salt and water or wat ever doing.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#102    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 09 September 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

i think he was referring to gods, and he said there name when he was like blessing the salt and water or wat ever doing.
I will watch it again later,and tell you . So tired right now ...

Miss me?

#103    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,498 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Just making a general few comments, and I'm generally either a solo or couple practitioner with some group interactions....

Basic circle casting. Well, for me it's either an instant thing, or a lengthier ritual thing. Instant usually is as simple as mental imaging or turning around in a circle with intent.
Rituals involve much more materials and involvement. But in a very basic sense, I set up the four cardinal points, usually with candles in dishes representing the elements. Then I make circles from one point to the next, usually multiple times doing different things each time.
When I cast a circle, I go deosil, when I take down a circle I go widdershins.

As an aside- my love and I tried a spiral circle for the first time last Halloween, and we liked it. It's a bit different from what we usually do with basic circle casting. But we both agreed in the future if we do that again, it will have to be for an outdoor celebration- it was a bit cramped in the kitchen around our table to be doing much spiraling :)

Binding. There are different sorts of binding. There is of course the binding of one person to another, like weddings or birth blessings. And other person to person bindings, like love spells gone awry. It's a direct and full tying together of two or more. Like a piece of yarn wrapped around two hands, binding them together.
There is the binding of a person or thing, to prevent them from doing harm or stop from doing something. Though not exactly a direct tying together, it does leave a connection thread between the binder and the bound. A sort of fingerprint of contact. Like a piece of yarn wrapped around one hand, a piece of yarn between one hand and the other, and then the other hand wrapped in yarn too.
Then there is broken binding. It's binding two things separately and having no thread between. For when one is ready to let go or needs to set aside someone or something. Or you want to encourage another to do the same. Like if you are ready to let a relationship go or bury the hatchet with someone, wrap it up and set it aside. Like winding yarn up on each hand and then cutting the thread in between the hands, then taking the yard off the hands and putting them away.

Shamanism... I can't teach squat, but a person I have really learned a lot from is Seeker79.

#104    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 10,291 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

What Holidays does everyone do?  My year starts with Samhain Nov 1, Yule Dec 21, Imbolc Feb 2,  Ostara Mar 21, Beltane May 1, Midsummer or Litha Jun 21, Lughnassad Aug 2,  Mabon Sept 21.
This Site explains the holidays pretty well.  
http://www.circlesan....org/pholidays/

I have gotten where I don't even celebrate the Christian holidays anymore.  Samhain is my favorite.  The Holidays are divided in to quarter and cross quarter.  The quarter holidays are the Solstices and Equinoxes, the cross quarters are those half way between and they are considered the high holy days.

#105    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

I do samhain on Oct 31 .We do a kick ass dumb supper .Then Nov 1 all saints day,Yule ,maypole/beltane .
I do the moon festival in august and Sept,in lieu of a wiccan holiday .
I celebrate the voodoo holiday of high john on June 23 .
Then Oshun ,yemeya and oya,on Sept 8,7 and Feb 2 .
If I'm up to it,I do other orisha days .

In July I do Obon .
And I observe Ganesha Chanthuri ,which changes by date each year .
It's next week actually .
I do certain saints days ,from old family practices . Not always,but when I'm feeling nostalgic .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 14 September 2012 - 04:10 AM.

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users