Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alien life could be discovered within 40 yrs

alien martin rees

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#121    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

What you say is "fair" is generally nothing of the kind, at least not to me,

Please explain why that is not "fair enough".? You believe in ET visitation, I respect that. That is your opinion. Why is it not fair that I acknowledge that?

and I'm glad to say that we never agree about anything.

That is also fair enough.

All that's settled is that we don't think much of each other.

That is not true. I think you are a great researcher and that you know a lot of stuff. I just don't agree with your interpretation and the way you go about it when you meet opposition. That does not mean that I do not respect what you have dug up.

Kaku didn't have any real explanations for the UFO and definitely didn't want to talk about possible ETs, only possible asteroid collisions.

Which essentially means that it was unknown from his point of view (or what he told us).

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#122    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Well, like the ones where you said I was "daft" or "smoking something", things like that.  I don't know if you got around to using the "tinfoil hat" one, but generally it sounded like the usual stuff from the Skeptical Playbook.

I asked if you were daft? And I asked what you were smoking. You are, naturally, aware of those figures of speech, right? By no means does that infer that I think that of you.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#123    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

I'm not a great admirer of yours, either--just the opposite--but I refuse to accept your caricatures of me.
Who cares... Anyway, summing up, your're wrong on P/2010 A2 main points.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#124    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 08 September 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

I asked if you were daft? And I asked what you were smoking. You are, naturally, aware of those figures of speech, right? By no means does that infer that I think that of you.

Don't stoop to splitting hairs.  It's pretty obvious what you meant.

#125    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Don't stoop to splitting hairs.  It's pretty obvious what you meant.

It was not splitting hairs, because, for the record, I do not think that you are daft nor smoking anything. It was, in fact, meant as a figure of speech.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#126    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 08 September 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Because there is very little to take from that. Unless starting to extrapolate.

It's one of the most important events in UFO history, given that Dr. Robertson was a CIA guy who knew all about UFOs, but laid out a plan in 1953 about how to debunk them in public.  That policy is obviously still in effect and I see examples of it all the time.

#127    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

It's one of the most important events in UFO history, given that Dr. Robertson was a CIA guy who knew all about UFOs, but laid out a plan in 1953 about how to debunk them in public.  That policy is obviously still in effect and I see examples of it all the time.

Yet, there is nothing tangible we can take from it.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#128    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 08 September 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Who cares... Anyway, summing up, your're wrong on P/2010 A2 main points.

You're very biased, too, and react very strongly against anyone who does not share your opinion on UFOs.  I've seen that many times, including on this thread.

#129    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 08 September 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yet, there is nothing tangible we can take from it.

I can take something from it.  What Dr. Robertson and his colleagues were saying about ETs and UFOs in private was 180 degrees different from what they were telling the public.  I have posted many documents on UM proving that and could find a lot more if the entire record on UFOs was declassified.

We've known this was true for decades now, and I know it based on my own experience in the military.

#130    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

I can take something from it.  What Dr. Robertson and his colleagues were saying about ETs and UFOs in private was 180 degrees different from what they were telling the public.  I have posted many documents on UM proving that and could find a lot more if the entire record on UFOs was declassified.

We've known this was true for decades now, and I know it based on my own experience in the military.

Yet, it is not tangible.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#131    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

You're very biased, too, and react very strongly against anyone who does not share your opinion on UFOs.  I've seen that many times, including on this thread.
Biased because I don't share UFOs(Unidentified Flying Objects)=ET?!!! :w00t:  Brilliant...

Common sense dies, fantasy prevails....

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#132    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 08 September 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Biased because I don't share UFOs(Unidentified Flying Objects)=ET?!!! :w00t:  Brilliant...

Naah, dude...common sense prevails...:P

Cheers,
Badeskov

#133    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 08 September 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Naah, dude...common sense prevails... :P

Cheers,
Badeskov
Heh... In UFOlogy not much...

#134    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Be that as it may, my answer to the question of how soon we will discover alien life remains that they discovered us a long time ago and that they are all over the place.  I have good reasons to believe this and it is not simply based on "faith".  That is all.

#135    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 08 September 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Biased because you are impervious to any evidence or counter-arguments that contradict your views, and you ridicule anyone who does not agree with you.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By ufonuts in I believe, on 09 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

40 Years?????, Duh, most normal Human Beings already know Aliens exist, how Moronic is this guy?

What is wrong with some people?...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users