Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alien life could be discovered within 40 yrs

alien martin rees

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#91    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 08 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

And he goes along asteroid collision. Its a viable hypothesis, having observation/calculation support more than any of your ET anecdotes.

Yes, that was the very tentative guess or opinion he offered, rather than addressing the question about some possible ET thing flying around out there.  His opinion was heavily qualified and tentative, saying that they were all stumped, perplexed, had never seen anything like it, and so on.

#92    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,044 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

For that matter, this is not the only "anomaly" that has been photographed out there--far from it--although I'm sure they will have ready-made "explanations" for everything.  If they don't, they'll quickly make one up.

Jeez, some low life idiot finds artifact, and thats the finding??? Come on, you are better than that.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#93    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,287 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

No, only the first one is a fact.  He did say that.

The second statement was his opinion.

Sigh. It was a fact that he offered his opinion, that is all that I stated. No wonder you end up in such deep holes.

The third statement is just your opinion of me, which makes a nice propaganda point but has no basis in reality.

No, that is not an opinion either. That is a FACT. Kaku said no such thing and you made that extrapolation. It is factual, as repeated shown.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#94    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 08 September 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Again, you're not answering my question. I'm not asking you if you believe in ET, or if ET has visited us, I already know you believe that - i'm not questioning that. I am asking you if you'd concede that with this particular case, with the lack of info available, you are guessing as to it's origin being ET? (as you say others are guessing about asteroids etc)

Here again, how can you say I don't answer questions?  I spend a lot of time on here doing nothing else.  

It looks like something ET to me.  It looks like some kind of weird spacecraft to me of a type that I have never seen before.  It does NOT look like a natural object to me--at least nothing like any such object I have seen before.

I have said that many times.  I do NOT believe Badeskov and BMK and the rest, not even their claims about how they are scientific and those of us who disagree with them are fools, idiots, crazies and fanatics.

How can I answer your question more plainly than that?

God, it really annoys me when you people pull that trick of saying that I don't answer your questions.  Name me one single person on UM who answers questions in a more straightforward manner than I do.  I even repeat my answers again and again, in words of one syllable or less, so people will make damn sure to understand exactly what I'm saying, even if I have to drum it into them.

I admire the plain speaking of Harry Truman, and I'll keep drumming this answer into your head until you understand exactly what I mean.  Is that clear enough?

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 08 September 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#95    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 08 September 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Seriously? You are the one who turned that video into religion. You were wrong interpreting his words, not skeptics.

What religion could you possibly imagine that I have about ETs and UFOs?  I don't even like the SOBs, as I have said many times!

#96    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 08 September 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Jeez, some low life idiot finds artifact, and thats the finding??? Come on, you are better than that.

I don't know if he's a low-life idiot or not.  Here again, that's your first reaction to anyone who disagrees with you, and frankly that's my reaction to most people on your side of the question.

I have said that many UFOs and other "anomalies" have been photographed and filmed out there in space and I don't see how any honest person can deny it.

#97    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,044 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Yes, that was the very tentative guess or opinion he offered, rather than addressing the question about some possible ET thing flying around out there.  His opinion was heavily qualified and tentative, saying that they were all stumped, perplexed, had never seen anything like it, and so on.
Yes, they were all stumped, perplexed, because such event is on the rare scale. Don't you get it? Such impact - that was made all stumped, perplexed, because event like this weren't observed before.

BTW, there are still many thing we will be stumped/perplexed on, but IMHO, ETs will be the last.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#98    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 08 September 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Yes, they were all stumped, perplexed, because such event is on the rare scale. Don't you get it? Such impact - that was made all stumped, perplexed, because event like this weren't observed before.

BTW, there are still many thing we will be stumped/perplexed on, but IMHO, ETs will be the last.

According to Kaku, it was an event that had never been seen before, much less photographed, a once-in-a-lifetime event.

#99    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,620 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Here again, how can you say I don't answer questions?  I spend a lot of time on here doing nothing else.  

It looks like something ET to me.  It looks like some kind of weird spacecraft to me of a type that I have never seen before.  It does NOT look like a natural object to me--at least nothing like any such object I have seen before.

I have said that many times.  I do NOT believe Badeskov and BMK and the rest, not even their claims about how they are scientific and those of us who disagree with them are fools, idiots, crazies and fanatics.

How can I answer your question more plainly than that?

God, it really annoys me when you people pull that trick of saying that I don't answer your questions.  Name me one single person on UM who answers questions in a more straightforward manner than I do.  I even repeat my answers again and again, in words of one syllable or less, so people will make damn sure to understand exactly what I'm saying, even if I have to drum it into them.

I admire the plain speaking of Harry Truman, and I'll keep drumming this answer into your head until you understand exactly what I mean.  Is that clear enough?

Posted Image

Well I can say you didn't answer my question, because up until that reply, you hadn't answered my question. My question was simple and specific, your answers had nothing to do with what I asked you.

Now you say it looks like ET to you, because it doesn't look like a natural object to you. Your not in a position to say it isn't a natural object, only that it doesn't look like one to you.

So even though you wouldn't answer with a simple yes or no answer, you have, in your own 'round the houses' way, answered. Yes, you are guessing like everyone else as to what it is, your ET explanation is a guess. Thank you.

Edited by The Sky Scanner, 08 September 2012 - 08:56 PM.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#100    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 08 September 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Well I can say you didn't answer my question, because up until that reply, you hadn't answered my question. My question was simple and specific, your answers had nothing to do with what I asked you.

Now you say it looks like ET to you, because it doesn't look like a natural object to you. Your not in a position to say it isn't a natural object, only that it doesn't look like one to you.

So even though you wouldn't answer with a simple yes or no answer, you have, in your own 'round the houses' way, answered. Yes, you are guessing like everyone else as to what it is, your ET explanation is a guess. Thank you.

Yes, yes, yes, I think it's an ET object, a UFO, and alien spacecraft.

A million times YES.

What other answer do you want?  How many times do I have to repeat myself???????

Admit it, are you doing this just to annoy me?

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 08 September 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#101    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,044 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

What religion could you possibly imagine that I have about ETs and UFOs?  I don't even like the SOBs, as I have said many times!
Errmmm... ETs are here, they are bad, etc.

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

I don't know if he's a low-life idiot or not.  Here again, that's your first reaction to anyone who disagrees with you, [...]
Disagrees with me? He did show squat. For f@ks sake, do folks know squat about equipment images were taken, post processing procedures aftermath, etc... Gosh... We had one "brilliant" PS CS3 "master"...

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

[...]I have said that many UFOs and other "anomalies" have been photographed and filmed out there in space and I don't see how any honest person can deny it.
Deny what? They can't identify? Sure then, must be ETs.

Edited by bmk1245, 08 September 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#102    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 08 September 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Sigh. It was a fact that he offered his opinion, that is all that I stated. No wonder you end up in such deep holes.

No, that is not an opinion either. That is a FACT. Kaku said no such thing and you made that extrapolation. It is factual, as repeated shown.

The reason is that we disagree on the basic facts and evidence, and even the definitions of facts and evidence.

As for your opinion of me--daffy, crazy, stupid, fanatical--you are never shy about stating those, either on this thread or any other, but naturally I do not accept your opinion.  And if you do have more knowledge about ETS and UFOs than you let on, you are certainly not "sharing" it on here.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 08 September 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#103    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,044 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

According to Kaku, it was an event that had never been seen before, much less photographed, a once-in-a-lifetime event.
So, where are ETs? You definitely posted P/2010 A2 as some sort of ET presence. Again, where are ETs?

#104    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,620 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Yes, yes, yes, I think it's an ET object, a UFO, and alien spacecraft.

A million times YES.

What other answer do you want?  How many times do I have to repeat myself???????

Admit it, are you doing this just to annoy me?

No i'm not doing it to annoy you, i'm asking you a simple question.

I NEVER ASKED YOU IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS ALIEN - DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SENTENCE.

I asked you if your conclusion was guess work, the same guess work you accuse others of.

Do you understand that question?

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#105    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,044 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 September 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

[...]daffy, crazy, stupid, fanatical[...]
Seems to me correct description, except stupid, of course.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By ufonuts in I believe, on 09 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

40 Years?????, Duh, most normal Human Beings already know Aliens exist, how Moronic is this guy?

What is wrong with some people?...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users