Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged]China: section of the Yangtze River turns red

china red yangtze river yangtze river

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,110 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

A section of the Yangtze River in Chongqing, China, has turned bright red. The cause is still being investigated, but officials say it may have been caused by recent floods stirring up silt upstream. The Environmental Protection Bureau is also looking into potential industrial pollution or sewage breaches.

http://www.telegraph...l?frame=2332151

10 Images

Posted Image

#2    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Beautiful City!!  It does look alot like mud. Mark it up to another strange occurance for mother earth.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Seems like the past few years there have been a lot of strange occurrences.

#4    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

omg its happening all over the world now ! its a warning .. something is coming !

#5    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

My money is on pollutants, I don't think they have anything like an EPA or many laws/regulations regarding waste disposal, though I could be wrong.

Edited by Socio, 08 September 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#6    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

My money would be on a pollutant. Mud could be the cause but China has a history of dumping pollutants. I will generally go with a historical problem caused by man, especially since it happened near a large industrial district. Strict regulations are needed, perhaps those regulations would force Chinese companies to charge more for their products and bring some jobs back to back to the U.S.

#7    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Seas turning red, earthquakes, strange sounds being heard, more ufo sightings, massive storms. SOMETHING is gonna happen soon.

#8    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Mmm Red Bull!

Posted Image

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostVein Capital, on 08 September 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Mmm Red Bull!

Lol,

'Its a sign, somthing is going to happen soon'... Sounds more like Red Bull*hit to me. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 08 September 2012 - 07:13 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#10    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,440 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

I suppose the religious crowd and the 2012 bunch are busy digging their bunkers as we speak.....

#11    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm going to hear people start screaming Revelation 16:4 soon.

Posted Image

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Just wait until the water starts turning blue then we will know for sure something is wrong.

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

The renown river - known as "the golden waterway" - in south-western China suddenly turned blood-red at the weekend.

The polluted water is mostly concentrated around the industrial city of Chongquing, but has been reported in several other locations.

Reports suggest industrial pollution in silt churned up by recent floods is being blamed by Chinese officials for the discolouration.

The Yangtze is regarded as being too fast-flowing and large to generate a "red tide" effect associated with bacteria infestations of low-oxygen ponds.

An industrial dye used in firework wrappers was blamed when another Chinese river, the Jian, turned red last year

LINK

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#14    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. -Revelation 16:4

Posted Image

~MEH~

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,030 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostHasina, on 10 September 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. -Revelation 16:4
*Knocks fist on proverbial baked brain of Chinese Govt*.

"Knock, knock hello?, anybody home?"  No?  Didn't think so, cos if you were you would clean up your back yard and stop allowing douche's to build factories in areas where leakage could threaten your main waterways.

Oh, and yeah "it's the apocolypse" at least for everything living in that river, how sad.

Edited by libstaK, 10 September 2012 - 04:08 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

Also tagged with china, red, yangtze river, yangtze, river

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users