Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The ZOMBIES are coming!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16    ExoPaul

ExoPaul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I think anyone that slates this idea is being short-sighted. They are NOT preparing themselves for a zombie apocolypse..... they are using zombies as a way to educate younger generations (who think Facebook crashing for more than 30 mins as an end of the world scenario) about being prepared for disaster scenarios, planning, emergency plans etc. When you look at a Zombie film, if you strip the undead from the equation you are left with a society that collapses with food, power, water, policing and more all disappearing and this is the same sort of thing that could happen in a hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, power supply disruptions over several weeks, riots, virus epidemics, etc. All they are doing is try to get people thinking more about what to do in an emergency rather than just tweeting news stations complaining the government have made no plans for the current disaster, and using zombies as a way to add a little fun and excitement to what is still a fairly general plan. If alien invasions were popular then they would use that for the same situation.... if Day of the Triffids became the next big thing the action plan and emergency planning would still be very similar. It is just education but trying to teach it to students (the younger public) in a way that engages them to learn it!

Edited by ExoPaul, 09 September 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#17    G0diva

G0diva

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I would surround my house with outward facing treadmills hooked to a generator. Not only would zombies not be a bad thing, they could be a source of clean energy...

#18    G0diva

G0diva

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

:whistle:

Edited by G0diva, 09 September 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#19    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

zombies attack man too many people are reading way in to this too deeply  if any thing the gov or sum religious group will unleash sum hell on us probley sooner then later  was listing to c2c the other night and it was doly noted that sum aircraft carrier over near syrea was told to leave in 5 days time or be fked  then also 2 navle ships out in sandigo cali have gone off land power suply and under their own power  then there was 29 plams and a few more place  so yeah sum thing fixen to go down

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 08 September 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Zombies are NOT possible. Stop hoping for one! Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

I've heard comments about that website where they're called "dailyfail."

Zombies are possible, just very unlikely. Rabies and other diseases would just need to mutate.

Unless you mean the living dead, then that is different, but that isn't what zombie means.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#21    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Darn lovely.

#22    ohsodit

ohsodit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

can't even spell emergency

Edited by ohsodit, 09 September 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#23    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

If the only way to educate the younger generation is to use zombies or other such nonsense then why bother ? Let them rot in their ignorance .

#24    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostHilander, on 09 September 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Why didn't they mention bullets?  If we are going to be attacked by zombies I think you would need plenty of ammo.

Because it's not about zombie preparedness, that's just to get attention, because zombies are so popular right now. But you never know... lol

#25    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha this is so funny I nearly wet myself. :clap:

#26    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Zombies are NOT possible. Stop hoping for one! Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

As far as being the living dead, I don't believe zombies are possible either, but that's beside the point. Did you read the post, or just the title of the thread?

I've heard comments about that website where they're called "dailyfail."

What exactly is your issue with the article itself? It doesn't present any false information. What it actually states is the fact that the U.S. Depeartment of Homeland Security and the CDC are using a "Zombie Pandemic" theme as means of encouraging Americans to prepare themselves for real life disasters that may (some can argue will) occurr.

It's a rather bizarre approach in my opinion.

#27    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

View PostLilly, on 09 September 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Oh for pity's sake, how silly can things get? Don't bother to answer, obviously silly as hell. Worry about the real stuff that can kill you and leave the zombies to video games and TV shows.

Are you addressing that statement towards zombie fans / believers, or more towards the creators of the ad campaign?

View PostLilly, on 09 September 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Worry about the real stuff that can kill you and leave the zombies to video games and TV shows.

With that being the case, does it not seem rather bizarre that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the CDC are the ones running this ad campaign about a "Zombie Pandemic" as a means of attempting to get people to prepare themselves for the event of a real disaster / pandemic occurring?

(Unless of course this article is false and the ad campaign is not real. As best I can tell at the moment, though, that is not the case)

#28    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 09 September 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

If anyone reads in between the line's then they probably would see that the government are preparing us all for an outbreak of some kind, possibly induced by themselve's or another country (chemical warfare, viruses etc)

I wish it doesn't occur, but it's all too real a possibility. It's not as if governments haven't done such things on smaller scales in the past.

It also ties into the whole "control the people with fear" tactic that has been in place for so long now; getting people to willingly han over their freedoms in belief that it's being done for their own safety.

#29    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

For anyone that may be doubting if this ad campaign is legit:

Zombie Preparedness

Wonder why Zombies, Zombie Apocalypse, and Zombie Preparedness continue to live or walk dead on a CDC web site? As it turns out what first began as a tongue in cheek campaign to engage new audiences with preparedness messages has proven to be a very effective platform. We continue to reach and engage a wide variety of audiences on all hazards preparedness via Zombie Preparedness; and as our own director, Dr. Ali Khan, notes, "If you are generally well equipped to deal with a zombie apocalypse you will be prepared for a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack." So please log on, get a kit, make a plan, and be prepared!

Source: Center for Disease Control and Response (CDC.gov)

#30    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

I suddenly got a craving for brains.  :gun:

0 user(s) are reading this topic