Favorite 1960's hippie quote:
"I just hate people who hate people"
Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:51 PM
I have some research and experience in this subject.
I've searched for for years to obtain the account of "succubus" in historical text to find its origin since much can be discerned by understanding the foundation of the writing. The earliest reference I've found is within a 1486 Catholic church document called Malleus Maleficarum.
The bulk of the document outlines the church's position against witchcraft and their perceived need to purge society of wizardry by all means. I personally consider it one of the most evil documents produced because it mandates and legalizes the mistreatment and murder of countless individuals in the name of the church's twisted authority under Christ. http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/mm/
1400's was a time of inquisition and political expansion of the church. A person must account the whole document when it states "facts" which can't be proven. If you consider its other "facts" you can only have one conclusion about the text:
* Man is superior to woman in every way because she was made from his bent (defective) rib.
* Woman is more prone to be drawn into witchraft because she is more gullible and weaker than man.
* Hell is located at the center core of the Earth. Since it is the lowliest place in existence then the stars revolve around the Earth. The Earth being the center of everything. (Galileo died in prison for his scientific opposing view)
* The result of the succubus myth produces hybrid offspring. Half human and half demon. These children should be considered (treated as) demonic.
* Difficult, painful labor or birth defects are proof of hybrid offspring.
* The symptoms of (with what we know today as seizure) is proof of demonic posession.
* Star positions spiritually influence mankind.
* Satan can't directly influence mankind but instead by proxy manipulate star positions.
* Witchcraft should not be tollerated in your community. If 3 people accuse someone of witchcraft they must be arrested and put to trial. If found guilty they must repent and spend a year in prison, loosing their property. If they are found guilty and remain unrepentent then they must be banished from the community by means of burning, stoning, crushing or drowning. This is to releive their tormented soul.
* The popular succubus legend
* More ridiculous claims
So you can decide for yourself if this legend is true or not.
To be clear, do not mean to discount all other claims of this sort of personal activity. There have been reports from practically every society across the centuries of nightly ( and daily) visits both of of both good and evil in nature. I am not talking about dreams but interactions any time of the day or night.
Well, to correct, they seem completely real; so much so that you aren't even aware enough to question whether or not it's real.
But then you wake up, then knowing it was a dream.
For most people, most of the time.
But there are those of us who have vivid enough dreams/hallucinations/sleep paralysis/etc. that even after waking up we don't "know" it was a dream. The feeling can be so real that it takes a lot of effort and experience to determine the difference between the dream world and the real world sometimes.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist