Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

I want to hear a good ghost story

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

If anyone has a good ghost story to tell I would like to hear it.  Just want to read a good story but they must be true, not something you just decided to make up just for this thread.  The only thing I ask is not to make it incredibly long, one page or less and please use paragraphs.  Please people no rude remarks.

My best encounter with a ghost was that of my cat.  She had been missing for about a day.  She was on my mind a lot wondering about her fate, I knew something had happened because of past premonitions.

Here's my story:

The next day after she was missing I saw her ghost come through a closed window.  I had let her come in the house that way a few times she really liked that.  I saw her come through the window walk onto the sofa then jump down in the floor walk over to some tools in the floor in front of the TV, stop and sniff them then run down the hall.  That was the only time I saw her.

The funny thing about my encounter was that I could only see her out of the corner of my eye.  If I looked directly at her she would disappear.

#2    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Ooohh so do I. :yes:

#3    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hello!

I recommend searching this threads for stories.

There are a lot of ghost stories, some were interesting but  a true ghost story is highly debatable. If some one told a story, the story teller may believe it where others are skeptical because the story most likely have plot holes, or concepts taking from movies or lack of details or was embellished or people working on their creative writing or trying to get traffic to their site.

I'll look for some of the popular stories and link it for you

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=182022

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

My beloved Morticia visited me two Christmases in a row,after her death . I saw her out of the corner of my eye,I turned to look at her,nothing.
I saw my dad ,just once,in the house . I actually went running from the house,and wouldn't go back in until my mom came home.

Miss me?

#6    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 10 September 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

most delusional piece of writing ive seen. he is either messing with people or has a serious problem with his brain

#7    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 11 September 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

most delusional piece of writing ive seen. he is either messing with people or has a serious problem with his brain

There are a lot of ghost stories, some were interesting but  a true ghost story is highly debatable. If some one told a story, the story teller may believe it where others are skeptical because the story most likely have plot holes, or concepts taking from movies or lack of details or was embellished or people working on their creative writing or trying to get traffic to their site.

As i said earlier, almost every story told here seem to have flaws. I don't believe the story at all, but it was one of the most popular stories on this site. I don't believe for a second that the poster was telling an ounce of truth since it is SOOO far fetched in every angle and i don't believe oujia boards work just like ghost radars app on cell/tablet.

#8    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

The most disturbing thing I ever heard wasn't actually a ghost story - it was just a quick reference.

My father is not an imaginative person... He is pretty literal and is not given to making up stories. He can't even become interested in movies. But once he was watching Star Wars with me when I was much younger. We came to the sand people (The short ones with robes on) and he said - "Hey - those are just like the little monks!"

Me and my mother turned to him and asked him what he was talking about.

He just replied, matter of factly as if this is obvious, "You know - the little monks. We used to see them all the time out of the corners of our eyes  in the house I grew up in."

The way he said it always stuck with me. It was as if it was such a normal occurrence to him that it never even went through his mind that others didn't have that experience. I asked my grandmother later on about it and she replied in the same way - as if seeing short figures in robes out of the corner of your eye peaking through windows and such was just a ordinary thing to have happen...

#9    dwn2earth_girl

dwn2earth_girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

• Ooops! I dented my cookie cutter... Guess I won't be just like everyone else.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

I have plenty of them! Let's see.. oh here's a quick one:

I was over at a friends house (it's very active!) and we were sitting in her living room (it's very traditional. No TV just a place to sit and talk) one day just talking about normal stuff, no paranormal things. :)

Her grandparents were in the kitchen, two rooms away with some other guests, chatting away about goodness knows what. Her little fluffy dog was sitting between us on the couch and  i notice a little round shadow, about the size of a dinner plate, go across the floor from the kitchen, through the dinning room, into the living room where we were. :ph34r:

She noticed I'd gotten quiet and turned to see what I was looking at. The black disk stopped in front of the coffee table for a few minutes and we continued talking, thinking it was gone, and it moved again, from in front of the coffee table out to the foyer.

We both just shrugged and asked each other what we thought it was. We didn't feel anything threatening.. it was like it was curious more than anything. :blink:

Hope you enjoyed it! That's just the tip of the ice burg. :yes:

#10    octoberfourth

octoberfourth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostWookietim, on 11 September 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

The most disturbing thing I ever heard wasn't actually a ghost story - it was just a quick reference.

My father is not an imaginative person... He is pretty literal and is not given to making up stories. He can't even become interested in movies. But once he was watching Star Wars with me when I was much younger. We came to the sand people (The short ones with robes on) and he said - "Hey - those are just like the little monks!"

Me and my mother turned to him and asked him what he was talking about.

He just replied, matter of factly as if this is obvious, "You know - the little monks. We used to see them all the time out of the corners of our eyes  in the house I grew up in."

The way he said it always stuck with me. It was as if it was such a normal occurrence to him that it never even went through his mind that others didn't have that experience. I asked my grandmother later on about it and she replied in the same way - as if seeing short figures in robes out of the corner of your eye peaking through windows and such was just a ordinary thing to have happen...

OMG. you've have just reminded me of a similar experience i had when i was a kid and lived in a haunted/bad energy apartment. i used to see "monks" in the corner of my eye all the time. it was a regular thing for years. i just got used to it like your Dad did. they weren't small though, they were adult sized and in dark robes and only in the corner of my eye, never in full vision did i see them.

#11    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Myself and a friend of mine a long time ago (we were about 17 or 18 years old) were walking home from the pub (warning sign there!) and he was trying to scare me with some dumb story about how you could make the devil appear by walking around a church 3 times counter-clockwise.  There was (is) a Catholic church that we would take a shortcut through on our way from our local pub to where we lived at the time. I didn't and don't believe such nonsense so took him up on his offer.  He didn't like the idea, being of a supernatural bent, but I did it anyway and walked around the church we passed by on our way home, 3 times, counterclockwise.  Nothing happened, obviously.  We continued on our wander home.

About 100 yards beyond the church, we were walking past the start of a pathway that was a back entrance to a house that no-one lived in and as kids we had urban legends about how it was haunted.  Just when walking past the pathway, we simultaneously looked at each other, freaked out, and simultaneously bolted it and ran like **** home (we lived next door to each other at the time).  He claimed to have seen an image of an old woman down the pathway.  I didn't see anything but was overcome with a sudden fear at the same time which is why we both ran like crazy home.  He was a lot fitter than me and made it back quicker than me as I ran in a panic behind him thinking something was chasing me.

Dunno what actually happened, if anything.  Probably just a shared freakout by a couple of drunk kids actively looking for a scare.

Edited by Archimedes, 27 September 2012 - 12:55 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#12    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

Here's my ghost story:

One time at midnight, my bladder was feeling a bit tight so I decided to empty it. I went to the bathroom and opened the lights. Then I took emptied my bladder. I went to wash my hands and looked in the mirror. At first I saw my own sleepy face but then I saw a flash of white at the bottom right of the mirror. I looked closer and nothing was there. I then dismissed it as an hallucenation but when i was drying my hands i saw another flash of white but this time to my left. I was feeling freaked then and started looking around the bathroom. I hurried up the stairs to bed and climbed in. Then as i was about to close my eyes i yet again saw that curious white flash. This time it was right in front of my face. It was there for about 3 seconds and it disappeared. I estimate the distance between us was about 5 feet. Then it disappeared. Till this day i have never seen it again. I'd like to hear wat you guys think becuase Im still a bit skeptical about this experience because my pee was a weird color that morning. Id happily accept any comments and does this story match any of your experiences?

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#13    Scouser

Scouser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I only have one:

Around 2002 my dad was mates with some people who had a band and he decided to take his new video camera to a practice session one night.  The place they practiced in was a cellar in a building that has been around since the 30's, the cellar was quite creepy and it had a massive iron door that could only be locked from the outside.  The night went alright and they didn't see or hear anything out of place whilst they where there but later on when they all came back to ours for a few spliffs and to watch what my dad had recorded they where freaked out. When they came up to the song they did in the dark, right at the very end of the song you could clearly hear a small crowd clapping and whistiling as if they enjoyed the perfomance!  None of them heard a thing whilst they where there but you could hear it clear as day on the video.  The next day my dad found out that they actually used to store dead bodies in that cellar durning the Blitz of ww2!

After that there was always a rush not to be the last one out of that cellar, because the bands version of a joke was to lock whoever was left in there at the end of the session! :lol:

#14    dwn2earth_girl

dwn2earth_girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

• Ooops! I dented my cookie cutter... Guess I won't be just like everyone else.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hmmm.. How about another story! :clap:

(Most of my stories come from my friend Gabby's house. Not quite sure why that house is so active but we have never really gotten hurt from any of it so we just watch and let it be.)

Stair adventures:

The house my friend lives in is 2 stories and her bedroom is on the 2nd floor. We usually go up there to watch movies on Netflix (currently watching the Anime Black Butler, if you're an Anime fan I recommend it!) through her X-box or play video games. On one particular day we were actually heading down the stairs and she and her little Pomeranian where ahead of me past the middle landing and I was lagging behind on the 2nd where there are only 3 stairs.

I felt something push past me like it was running down and I fell down the three stairs I was on. Only her 70+ grandma was behind me and she was still in her own bedroom. I told her I just slipped but afterwards I told my friend what happened.

Other things that happen on the stairs include large shadowy figures moving up and down them and her doggie gets shoved down a step or two now and then. Sometimes we see a lady dressed in older period clothing walking down but she disappears before she gets to the floor.

Another thing that has happened to me on the stairs there was when we were headed up to play a game and she turned left really quick to the bathroom and I turned right to go to her bedroom and I felt like something grabbed my ankle. I could of swore I even felt the individual fingers wrap around as I walked through the door frame.

I looked down and didn't see any thing there so I walked back and forth through the door frame to make sure I couldn't re-create what I had felt maybe my pant leg caught the door frame or something. Nothing. The dog was in the bathroom with her. When I told her what happened (cause she thought I'd gone mad walking back and forth) she said when they were moving into the house her grandpa was fixing something in that room and left a corded drill and some other stuff next to the door and her and her friend went up to the bedroom for something, when they came back the tools were strung across the doorway. No one else was home.

#15    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Here is the site of Liverpool paranormal investigator and writer Tom Slemen.  The site has lots of Tom's strange but true ghostly tales, most of which happened in Liverpool.  It should give you many hours of happy reading: http://www.slemen.com/

Posted Image

Read about the eerie Flying Nun; a ghostly funeral cortege; an enormous black bird seen flying over the city and its connection to the mysterious Mr Jones; the terrifying ghostly clown seen peering through people's windows on the city's Queen's Drive; the strange and eerie tale of two priests who, in 1986, walked down a busy Liverpool street only to suddenly discover that EVERYBODY, and the traffic, had temporarily vanished; the mysterious cries of a child heard late at night by the residents of Liverpool's Oxford Street in 1965; the strange case of the voice..... from the future; the sinister old hag who extracted a teenage girl's tooth in her bedroom; does Santa actually exist?!?!?!  Read "The Note To Santa" and find out; and make sure the lights aren't out when you read the weird tale of the mysterious.... thing.... which, since the 1960s, has from time to time stalked Liverpool women only when there is a full moon, a humanoid "thing" with a mulberry face, a wiry body and, with it being able to run at great speed and jump over high walls, bears an uncanny resemblance to Spring-Heeled Jack

The Liverpool moon prowler: http://www.slemen.co...oonprowler.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 01 October 2012 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users