Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

French Billionaire Bails

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postand then, on 13 September 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

I'm quite capable of reading both the lines and what is implied between them.  Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this guy's intentions are different than his words.  But hey, as is UM custom - never miss an opportunity to be snide and condescending.  Behavior like that just shines the light on your true qualities as people.

Sorry. I forgot you have ESP and a crystal ball.

#17    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,826 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

It needs to be stated for those who did not read the links: Arnauld is seeking DUAL citizenship. Not just Belgian. He remains liable for tax in his country of residence (ie France) which he does not intend to change. He is entitled to apply for dual citizenship, as indeed I am in Spain... Simples

#18    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

this is again an example of right wing propaganda to reinforce the scare tactics the right love so much as in .you can pay workers next to nothing and tax them what you like ,but if you do it to the rich they will leave and there wealth will not trickle down to the poor.
well it doesnt trickle down anyway it stays in there offshore bank accounts and gains interest .
if a wealthy person wants to leave a country because they dont want to pay tax let them .according to capitalism someone else will take there place and with any luck they will pay taxes if not they can sod off as well until someone comes along who doesnt mind paying into the society that made them what they are.

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 15 September 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

this is again an example of right wing propaganda to reinforce the scare tactics the right love so much as in .you can pay workers next to nothing and tax them what you like ,but if you do it to the rich they will leave and there wealth will not trickle down to the poor.
well it doesnt trickle down anyway it stays in there offshore bank accounts and gains interest .
if a wealthy person wants to leave a country because they dont want to pay tax let them .according to capitalism someone else will take there place and with any luck they will pay taxes if not they can sod off as well until someone comes along who doesnt mind paying into the society that made them what they are.
Nice Avatar

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postand then, on 15 September 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Nice Avatar

LOL, I like it!

#21    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 15 September 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

I've made the same point myself but you sure do have a way with words. :)

#22    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Gerard Depardieu goes into tax exile in Belgium… 800 YARDS from the French border
  • Actor is fleeing looming tax of 75% on all earnings over one million euros
  • A third of the population of the Belgian village of Nechin is already French
http://www.dailymail...nch-border.html

Edited by Render, 10 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users