Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Korean man tries to prove he is not guilty

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

Korean man tries to convince a jury he didn't kill this woman,an octopus did.

http://en.rocketnews...in-south-korea/

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 10 September 2012 - 03:46 AM.

Miss me?

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,967 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

Honestly if it was at all possible that either he or his girlfriend were dining on still living twitching octopus - I officially have zero interest in what happens to them next.  How barbaric.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

I have heard you can die from eating those things, they grab on to your throat, good fun!

Edited by Hasina, 10 September 2012 - 04:10 AM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Asians are so weird, who eats a LIVING octopus? O.o

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 10 September 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

Honestly if it was at all possible that either he or his girlfriend were dining on still living twitching octopus - I officially have zero interest in what happens to them next.  How barbaric.
I take it you've never seen the movie Oldboy then .I believe an American remake is coming,and I will be curious to see what they do,in lieu of that scene.
Eating whole,live,small octopi,is common in Korea .
You can look on YouTube,and find dozens of videos of bowls of food,with the poor things trying to get out of the hot soup.
However,that's nothing compared to the sushi in Japan,when a while fish is cut up ,and they leave it partially intact,so the headcremains alive,while it looks at its guts on the plate,while gasping for air.

Yah . Vids of that too .
I have never seen it in person . I would probably hurl my plate that the chef .

Miss me?

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH !
This is how that woman got the weird sperm all embedded in her mouth btw. They eat them alive . Fitting the animals gets them back .

Miss me?

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,967 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Simbi, that's just gross, yah, I'd hurl my plate at the chef too.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#8    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Maybe there is real merit to the notion that we will all eventually become largely vegetarian due to limited resources. It would certainly limit these somewhat barbaric events.

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,663 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

What's the difference if you kill them before you eat them or kill them by eating them?  In the wild they get eaten alive, and the things they eat are eaten alive.  Are they therefore barbaric?  That's probably how 95% of them die but when we do it it's wrong?  Have you ever watched a pride of lions eat a wilderbeast?  People are stupid.

BTW, Simbi, does it surprise you one bit that own oldboy?  How about ichi the killer?  I know you've seen that.

#10    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

should have went with the Puffer Fish..

#11    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Korean man tries to prove he is not guilty
an octopus committed the murder

It was Squidward, in the Krusty Krab with the Spachelor...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#12    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Oh dear.
:-D

#13    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 10 September 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

How elitist & offensive of you to judge an entire culture based on what some of the people eat.

How is it "barbaric" to eat fresh sea food?  I, personally wouldn't eat an animal that was still squirming but many cultures eat "live" animals.  EVEN EUROPEANS.  It was a common practice to bring an animal down and rip out it's liver while the heart is still pumping warm blood.  

Perhaps you could have phrased your prejudiced last statement differently.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#14    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 10 September 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

Asians are so weird, who eats a LIVING octopus? O.o

Who eats the intestines of an animal where poop has been processed?  Who eats spoiled milk that has been solidified and left to sit for months until it smells like feet?  Our even the flesh of cows that's left hanging in a room left to age and then pays an arm and a leg for it?  

The point, don't look down on a people from your high chair and judge.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,967 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 11 September 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

How elitist & offensive of you to judge an entire culture based on what some of the people eat.

How is it "barbaric" to eat fresh sea food?  I, personally wouldn't eat an animal that was still squirming but many cultures eat "live" animals.  EVEN EUROPEANS.  It was a common practice to bring an animal down and rip out it's liver while the heart is still pumping warm blood.  

Perhaps you could have phrased your prejudiced last statement differently.
Excuse me?  Please point to the part of my sentence that refers to "an entire culture".  I am perfectly entitled to consider something gross and unfeeling in other human beings if that is how I see it.   I mentioned him and his girlfriend and THAT IS ALL.

How interesting that you would jump to so many conclusions based on how I feel about folk who eat live animals, I don't care what part of the world they come from if that is what is being done I am going to be grossed out.

Edited by libstaK, 11 September 2012 - 12:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users