Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What's the deal with Scorpios?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postemberdawn, on 10 September 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

all signs are good. Taurus is strong sign and compatible with Scorpios.  I feel sorry for those who get in the way of what you want they might end up with hoof marks on their backs. Lol
awwww yaaaaa :gun:

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#32    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

HAhahaha mess with the bull you get the horns, mess with a Scorpio you feel the sting.

#33    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostLilly, on 10 September 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.
Ahh,I should have clarified .Male and females of each sign,have slightly different traits .
I was referring to male Scorpios in dating situations I guess.
I've had 3 Scorpio boyfriends .I've been at the receiving end of it,numerous times.

Scorpio women are not to be messed with ,when it comes to their mate or children .Their stinger comes out faster than you can say,RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !
Same for Taurus or Leo .But in those two cases,the bull will charge,and the lioness will rend you to pieces .
Scorpios and Leos,are probably the two most jealous signs.
Neither sex appreciates their mates either being hit on,or actually straying.
If you do stray ,the Leo will curse you out for a good loud 20 minutes,and walk,a Scorpio will call Taiwan correct time on a loop,from you home phone first ,leave it off the hook while you're at work,then they walk .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 11 September 2012 - 12:00 AM.

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#34    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Taiwan!??   Wow talk about hit you where it hurts. Yes they do the walk away thing quite well, after they equalize, then in their eyes you no longer exist.  If you lucky.

#35    karmakazi

karmakazi

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• Mirror, mirror on the floor, am I the prettiest at the store? -BLR

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

My aunt is a scorpio.  I adore her and always have, the only clash she and I ever have is she asks for whatever she wants, regardless of what it is.  But that probably only bothers me because I have guilt issues with telling people no.  She's loyal, caring, and will bend over backwards to help those in need.

On one hand, I have to say that all signs have their upside and their downside, and a person's experiences have an impact on their personality too.  Can't blame the sign or generalize everyone with that sign :)

That being said, I avoid cancer's completely and no romantic relationships with leo (waaay too clingy for my tastes) Or pisces.  Virgo, it seems, is just right.  Or another Aquarius :D

The downsides of my sign (that I'm aware of) is a tendancy to seem emotionally cold and aloof.  I don't know if this is related to my sign or just me, but I don't have any patience what-so-ever for drama.  I won't even be friends with someone who has a lot of that going on, it's absolute zero tolerance.

Nothing is true.  Everything is permitted.
If video games start making sense is it a sign of the end?

The Journey

#36    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,513 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 10 September 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Scorpio have a mean streak ,a mile wide. They also enjoy hurting people who love them . Yah
I'm a male Scorpio, and this description sounds like the direct opposite of me.

#37    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostLilly, on 10 September 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.

Apart from the fact that humans generally use the Gregorian calendar to apply their star sign, It goes deeper than just your sign. Anyone who bases their opinion purely off the generic 'this sign has this trait and that sign has that trait' Isn't going to neccessarily identify with it. I'm sure there are others more knowledgeable than me, but there are other variables no one has mentioned yet which 'have' an effect on personalities. For instance, who has had their Natal chart done here? It provides the location of the Planets, Sun and Moon at birth. There are many degrees of each sign. Signs are often split into 3 sub-signs, eg: Scorpio I/ Scorpio II/Scorpio III. There is your ascendant sign, which some say is more important than your astrological sign. It also varies depending on your place of birth.  It matters where each planet is when you are born, not just where your ruling planet was. There are 12 houses which also effect you. These 12 houses are unique to the place and time of birth. The distance between planets at the time of your birth may also be measured and used to identify their ' personality adjustment signal strength' (for lack of a better description).

Many people are operating under the belief they are a certain star sign and do not identify with it at all, yet when provided with a full, detailed Natal chart can turn around and go "Wow, I knew I was a Scorpio but I never knew all this!"

A great book which so far I have used on 100+ people with an accuracy of around 95% is The Secret Language of Birthdays. A full description of each day of the year, accompanied by explanations of the Equinox and Solstice periods, the seasons, the period of life each sign represents, Aries and Taurus, young, full of beans and not afraid to speak their mind or fight,  through to the middles age of Libra, who by this time have calmed down and can look upon arguments with a logical, not emotional or reactional eye, then on to the 'older' signs representing the end of the life cycle, Aquarius and Pisces where the signee's are usually less active in the 'real world' and tend to be dreamers, not too concerned with building their fortune and marking their mark on the world anymore, but rather searching for spirituality and what happens next?

Of course, nurture can and will play a part in every individuals life.

Anyway, I'm tired.

Hope I aroused some interest in you Lilly

You sexy Scorpio you ;)

Edited by Wandering, 11 September 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#38    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postemberdawn, on 10 September 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Sorry this wasn't meant to be mean. Trying to understand why they get such a bad rap when they are usually gentle loving people. I have heard them called demon spawn, deviants, sexual  pervs, dishonest, back stabbing, evil, mobile homes for demons, not worth marrying because they can't be loyal. Just trying trying to enlighten.  My friend asked her mom why people do what they do to her. Her mom turned around  and casually said " because your a Scorpio" ???? "really"  ????

I despair of anyone who genuinely believes that people are worthy of scorn because their birthday fell in between some arbitrary date brackets. That is even more stupid than racism. Or homophobia.

In fact it's about as stupid as it gets.

Horoscopes are ridiculous. "A brush with fortune is possible when you meet a person who has a face. In the job world, things could go either way when you have to make a decision."

It's hard to make horoscopes NOT fit your day as the predictions are so general and vague that you would have to be some kind of hermit sociopath in order to not get at least a 50% hit rate.

BTW I'm a Libra. After the drubbing I've just given star signs, it probably lists impatient, sarcastic and killjoy as my character traits, just so my whole post get annoyingly reclassified as support for astrology.

Posted Image

#39    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

nice avatar!

#40    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,277 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostJamieSymptom, on 11 September 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

I despair of anyone who genuinely believes that people are worthy of scorn because their birthday fell in between some arbitrary date brackets. That is even more stupid than racism. Or homophobia.

In fact it's about as stupid as it gets.

Horoscopes are ridiculous. "A brush with fortune is possible when you meet a person who has a face. In the job world, things could go either way when you have to make a decision."

It's hard to make horoscopes NOT fit your day as the predictions are so general and vague that you would have to be some kind of hermit sociopath in order to not get at least a 50% hit rate.

BTW I'm a Libra. After the drubbing I've just given star signs, it probably lists impatient, sarcastic and killjoy as my character traits, just so my whole post get annoyingly reclassified as support for astrology.
I think there's a world of difference between horoscopes, which are just something to fill a column in a newspaper, and the whole huge and very complex subject of astrology (as suggested in the post by Wandering just above). I know Skeptics will say that there's still no scientific proof, as they say about everything, but even if there isn't, it's still a much larger subject than that.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#41    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

My Mum's A Scorpio And My Dad's A Leo .. All Would Be God If I, Their Only Child, Am A Pisces <_<

I Must Say I always Had A Hard Way With Scorpios .. My Mum For Example Is The Most Stubborn And Difficult Person To Deal With .. Is It Because Of Her Zodiac Sign Or Not I Don't Know, But I've Never Been Too Keen On Them ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#42    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Wow.  People still buy into this astrology nonsense?

#43    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Post747400, on 10 September 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Very much, in fact, like Labradors.

woof

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#44    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

can't be loyal?

my last three relationships ended because another woman intervened and my lover graciously accepted the attention. They weren't scorpios... I am and I'd never do that to someone.

Edited by RockabyeBillie, 11 September 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#45    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 11 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

My Mum's A Scorpio And My Dad's A Leo .. All Would Be God If I, Their Only Child, Am A Pisces <_<

I Must Say I always Had A Hard Way With Scorpios .. My Mum For Example Is The Most Stubborn And Difficult Person To Deal With .. Is It Because Of Her Zodiac Sign Or Not I Don't Know, But I've Never Been Too Keen On Them ..

My Mum is a Scorpio and I'm a Pisces too! I totally feel you on dealing with her! When I lived at home, holy **** we had some barnburners. My Dad is a Libra so wouldn't take sides so we'd just end up goin and goin and goin!

Put it this way, I won't be marrying a Scorpio! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users