Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Great Pyramid not built by Khufu?

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#76    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 13 September 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

SC: And not to mention that the Invetory Stela ALSO states that Khufu repaired a number of monuments at Giza, including the Sphinx, thereby debarring Khafre (Djedefre's successor) as its creator, as believed by many an Egypt apologist.

SC

View PostScott Creighton, on 13 September 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

SC: Just showing how Egypt apologists cherry pick data to make a point whilst completely ignoring other information presented by the Inventory Stela that contradicts completely consensus opinion with regards to the Sphinx.

As for the grafittii in the Relieving Chambers of the Great Pyramid--the veracity of the disputed Khufu cartouche can be easily determined. Vyse used dynamite to blast open these 'chambers'. As such, a fine layer of blast residue will be on top of these glyphs.  If these glyphs were placed by Vyse then they would have been done so AFTER the blast, therefore, the blast residue will be UNDER the disputer glyphs.  Forensic science should be able to test this quite easily. Curious why it has never been done.

Regards,

SC

If you accept the inventory stela as accurate then you accept that Khufu built the great pyramid and it matters not what you believe about the glyphs

If you don't accept the stela as accurate then it tosses out the part about Khufu making repairs to the Sphinx.

If you accept from the stela Khufu's repairs but not Khufu building the Great Pyramid then aren't you cherry picking?

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#77    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostHarte, on 13 September 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

And radiocarbon dates.

Of what?

And pottery dates.
Pottery found in pyramid?

And the temple in front of the Great Pyramid.

Im not saying it is but could it be that temple was built separatly from GP?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#78    ATO33

ATO33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Pyramids and Sphinx are probably much older than what mainstream academia would tell us.

Anyone read Chris Dunn's Giza Power Plant? Very detailed (from engineering point of view). It's hard to believe that they used primitive tools to build pyramids considering that it is extremely hard to work with granite.

http://www.weltonrotz.com/ts.html

http://www.robertsch...inxcontent.html

#79    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostATO33, on 13 September 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Pyramids and Sphinx are probably much older than what mainstream academia would tell us.

Anyone read Chris Dunn's Giza Power Plant? Very detailed (from engineering point of view). It's hard to believe that they used primitive tools to build pyramids considering that it is extremely hard to work with granite.

http://www.weltonrotz.com/ts.html

http://www.robertsch...inxcontent.html

95-99% of each pyramid is made from limestone blocks

Edited by Quaentum, 13 September 2012 - 07:03 PM.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#80    ATO33

ATO33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 September 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

You got it yet?

The first study, by the geologist David Coxill ("The Riddle of the Sphinx" published in the Spring 1998 issue (Issue 2, pp. 13-19) of the journal "InScription: Journal of Ancient Egypt"), has already been mentioned and quoted above. After confirming my observations on the weathering and erosion of the Sphinx, and pointing out that other explanations (for instance, as proposed by Gauri and Harrell) do not work, Coxill clearly states (page 17): "This (the data and analysis he covers in the preceding portions of his paper) implies that the Sphinx is at least 5,000 years old and predates dynastic times." Coxill then discusses very briefly the seismic work that Thomas Dobecki and I pursued and my estimate of an initial date of 5,000 to 7,000 B.C. for the earliest parts of the Sphinx based on the seismic data. He neither supports nor refutes this portion of my work, but simply writes (page 17): "Absolute dates for the sculpturing of the Sphinx should be taken with extreme caution and therefore dates should be as conservative as possible--until more conclusive evidence comes to light." I can understand that he could take this stance, although perhaps I feel more comfortable with, and confident in, the seismic analysis we did. Coxill, in the next paragraph of his paper (page 17), continues: "Nevertheless, it (the Sphinx) is clearly older than the traditional date for the origins of the Sphinx--in the reign of Khafre, 2520-2490 B.C."

Another geologist, Colin Reader, has also pursued a

#81    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 13 September 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

If you accept the inventory stela as accurate then you accept that Khufu built the great pyramid and it matters not what you believe about the glyphs

SC: You are obviously unaware of my views. Many of the Egypt apologists on this site are well aware that I take the view that Khufu was the builder of the Great Pyramid--but Khufu was not the second king of the 4th dynasty as the Egyptologists and their Egypt apologists would have us believe.

Quaentum: If you don't accept the stela as accurate then it tosses out the part about Khufu making repairs to the Sphinx.

SC: Moot. I accept Khufu built the Great Pyramid. Always have, always will. I just don't accept that he is who the Egyptologists and their Egypt apologists say he is i.e. the 2nd king of the 4th dynasty.

Quaentum: If you accept from the stela Khufu's repairs but not Khufu building the Great Pyramid then aren't you cherry picking?

SC: No, obviously not since I accept Khufu built the Great Pyramid. And I accept that Khufu made repairs to the Sphinx also.  I accept everything the Inventory Stela tells us. The Egyptologists and their Egypt apologists don't--they cherry pick what they want to believe from this Stela. So--where exactly does that leave your argument?

Next.

Regards,

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 13 September 2012 - 09:17 PM.

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#82    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Traditional Egyptologists are just stuck in the mud embarrassed fools... they are  so far off the mark... the only problem is they have been claiming the same bulls*** for years and now look like a bunch of turkeys.
Watch this video which uses real world geologists and construction architects who analyse the great pyramids. They were so far beyond our capabilities it is not even funny....

#83    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

26:54  is mystery.

Also 21:38 We havent work on tech used to make vases. :hmm:

Thats what I have been talking for a while.

Edited by the L, 13 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#84    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 13 September 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I just don't accept that he is who the Egyptologists and their Egypt apologists say he is i.e. the 2nd king of the 4th dynasty.

Why?

#85    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,499 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Post4MinuteNile, on 13 September 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Traditional Egyptologists are just stuck in the mud embarrassed fools... they are  so far off the mark... the only problem is they have been claiming the same bulls*** for years and now look like a bunch of turkeys.
Watch this video which uses real world geologists and construction architects who analyse the great pyramids. They were so far beyond our capabilities it is not even funny....

Egyptology and their assumptions are crumbling.

It's simply not a good idea to found anything on assumption and this goes many times over
when the assumptions aren't even logical.  While the assumption they were tombs at least
seemed to make sense the assumptions that they must have used ramps never made any
sense at all.  The assumption that the people were superstitious seemed to make sense but
only because they made the wholly inane assumption that the people of Egypt and their be-
liefs never changed at all.

Stick 'em with a fork... ...they're done.

They're just in the way of progress now.  They run block to be sure no one ever has proof
of the real facts.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#86    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

View Post4MinuteNile, on 13 September 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

>>Snip<<

View Postcladking, on 13 September 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Egyptology and their assumptions are crumbling.

It's simply not a good idea to found anything on assumption and this goes many times over
when the assumptions aren't even logical.  While the assumption they were tombs at least
seemed to make sense the assumptions that they must have used ramps never made any
sense at all.  The assumption that the people were superstitious seemed to make sense but
only because they made the wholly inane assumption that the people of Egypt and their be-
liefs never changed at all.

Stick 'em with a fork... ...they're done.

They're just in the way of progress now.  They run block to be sure no one ever has proof
of the real facts.

It always amuses me that the people who believe these things are the same people who don't understand Egyptology, its methodologies, or the sciences it employs. Nor does any attempt ever seem to be made to rectify such shortcomings. Then again, it's easy to rail against that which you don't understand.

A familiar image comes to mind when such folks encounter real-world research:

Posted Image

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#87    Banksy Boy

Banksy Boy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

View Postthe L, on 13 September 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Also 21:38 We havent work on tech used to make vases. :hmm:

I'm still waiting for at least one of the 'knowalls' on here to make one then show us their skills. Unfortunately most on here tend to be talkers rather than doers..... I don't expect to see anything materialize soon.  

............Waits for the dummies to start being spat out :passifier: :lol:

#88    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 13 September 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

It always amuses me that the people who believe these things are the same people who don't understand Egyptology, its methodologies, or the sciences it employs. Nor does any attempt ever seem to be made to rectify such shortcomings. Then again, it's easy to rail against that which you don't understand.

A familiar image comes to mind when such folks encounter real-world research:

Posted Image

Tell me about it! Although, in my case, it's in pertinence to evolution and these asinine creationists. I find it ironic, that in each conversation I conduct with them, their behavior so closely resembles this trio of monkeys.

Edited by Arbitran, 13 September 2012 - 10:25 PM.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#89    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostBanksy Boy, on 13 September 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for at least one of the 'knowalls' on here to make one then show us their skills. Unfortunately most on here tend to be talkers rather than doers..... I don't expect to see anything materialize soon.  

............Waits for the dummies to start being spat out :passifier: :lol:

No one's stopping you from doing it. So, stop talking and start doing.

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#90    Banksy Boy

Banksy Boy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

I think we have been through all this haven't we lol.....I'm not the one claiming it can be done am I :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users