Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Al-Qaida's No. 2 KILLED!

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#46    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostCorp, on 11 September 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Al-Qaida guy gets killed. He's replaced. That guy gets killed. He's replaced. Rise and repeat. Not seeing the conspiracy here.

It's not a conspiracy Corp, it's an an illusion.  It is a fable meant to scare the public.  And boy oh boy has it worked.

AQ was employed, some say created by, our very own CIA to help boot the Russians out of Afghanistan.

#47    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 11 September 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

AQ was employed, some say created by, our very own CIA to help boot the Russians out of Afghanistan.

That's fact by the way. Hilary Clinton even confirmed it in an interview.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#48    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

That's a fact that some prefer to ignore, or sweep under the proverbial carpet.

#49    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 11 September 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Ok so what would you have done if you were the US President? Said "Hey looked they've just blown up two of our most important and iconic buildings killing thousands of our people. Sheez, we must have really annoyed them. Let's apologize before they really get mad."
treated it as what it was, a crime, and put the intelligence and law enforcement services onto it, not flailed out randomly with Military strikes against a country/s that they'd arbritarily labeled as the "Enemy".

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#50    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Al-Qaida guy gets killed. He's replaced. That guy gets killed. He's replaced. Rise and repeat. Not seeing the conspiracy here.
That's exactly the problem. It repeats ad infinitum, since every time you bomb some village (and is it just the Al Q No.2 who gets killed each time? i doubt it somehow) then you just recruit more to the cause of planting roadside bombs to kill some other poor squaddie from one of the countries that Bush bullied into joining his "crusade". Does it do anything towards bringing the war, in the phrase beloved of Big Brother in 1984, within forseeable distance of its end?

That's exactly the problem. It repeats ad infinitum, since every time you bomb some village (and is it just the Al Q No.2 who gets killed each time? i doubt it somehow) then you just recruit more to the cause of planting roadside bombs to kill some other poor squaddie from one of the countries that Bush bullied into joining his "crusade". Does it do anything towards bringing the war, in the phrase beloved of Big Brother in 1984, within forseeable distance of its end?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#51    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

The goal is to keep the war as a perpetual state of being, 747.  That's the goal, and that's what we have.

It's good for business, dontcha know?

#52    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 11 September 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

The goal is to keep the war as a perpetual state of being, 747. That's the goal, and that's what we have.

Which was pretty much the policy of Big Brother, yes.

- Philip K. Dick.

#53    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,610 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 11 September 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

The goal is to keep the war as a perpetual state of being, 747.  That's the goal, and that's what we have.

That doesn't make any sense at all. The wars cost us billions of dollars and millions more can be expected to be paid out in support of disabled veterans, and the cost is increasing each year.

In addition, the Department of Defense is facing a huge budget cut and many programs have already been cut.

Edited by skyeagle409, 11 September 2012 - 07:46 PM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#54    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Sky

You should know better than anybody that soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines are expendable, and if they're disabled their situation can be exploited by politicians appealing to emotions.  Win, win, win for the system.

#55    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 11 September 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. The wars cost us billions of dollars and millions more can be expected to be paid out in support of disabled veterans, and the cost is increasing each year.

In addition, the Department of Defense is facing a huge budget cut and many programs have already been cut.

You don't get the point.

The Big corporate companies and banks make billions, they don't care about you or the country. lol

The amount they make selling/supplying weapons etc is unreal. Do you realise how much logistics go into supplying armored vehicles fuel? And then of course the fuel itself.

I'm not sure if they do anymore, but I know that Barcleys bank in the UK used to make shackles to export to other countries to be used on humans. I know this through someone who worked there and they found out when they left and was disgusted by it. These people don't care about other humans, just themselves and their own.

Edited by Coffey, 11 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#56    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

It's not a conspiracy Corp, it's an an illusion.  It is a fable meant to scare the public.  And boy oh boy has it worked.

An illusion eh? I'm sure Al-Qaida and the various groups that get linked to them would be very disappointed to hear that they're not real.

As for AQ's orgins that they were largely set up by the US to help fight the Russians is pretty much common knowledge. It's been mentioned several times in the media over the years. If someone is trying to hid this fact they're doing a very very poor job of it.

View Post747400, on 11 September 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Leaders tend to be more important than regular mooks so they get the headlines. In the articles itself that I've seen it's mentioned that five others were killed in the strike. The US bombs a village, terrorists plant roadside bombs. Terrorists plant roadside bombs, US bombs a village. Chicken and the egg. Both sides are killing each other. And last I checked no one was being converted by the sword so "crusade" is just a pointless buzz word and no one was bullied into the conflict. Bush didn't have that kind of influence otherwise France and Germany would have supported the Iraq War.

As for the whole "war without end" bit...no. Iraq is done with, Afghanistan is closing down, and Yemen never saw a large comittment of resources. The whole War on Terror foolishness will fade away in a few years since there's no public or politcal will for it. There might still be air strikes and what not but no where near the scale that we've seen in the last decade. Certainly no where near the over the top 1984 comparison.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#57    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,610 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostCoffey, on 11 September 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

You don't get the point. The Big corporate companies and banks make billions, they don't care about you or the country. lol

That's silly!  One of he defense contractors I once worked for is going to suffer losses because of the wars and since the Pentagon is going to suffer budget cuts, guess who is going to suffer from those cuts as well. Since the military is going to suffer, so are the defense contractors and their their support base.  I might add that taxpayers, not banks, pay our salaries.

The amount they make selling/supplying weapons etc is unreal.

Let's see, the Pentagon is going to cut back on its pet projects, so who is going to suffer other than the military? There are crewmembers who can't replace flight suits because the Air Force is basically broke and now,  aimen and sailors are now taking over duties that was once the domain of soldiers. So where did you get the idea we were making a lot of money?

Do you realise how much logistics go into supplying armored vehicles fuel?

Yes I do. After all, my Air Wing is involved in logistics around the world. We used a lot of fuel even before the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and remember, the military conducts military exercises around the world even during peacetime.

Edited by skyeagle409, 11 September 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#58    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Corp

Glad to see you understand the origins and history of AQ, vis-a-vis the Central Intelligence Agency.

Now apply that knowledge to the pattern of behavior of the CIA, and consider whether or not the 2 groups still work together, eh?

#59    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,610 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

False again! The United States did not support al-Qaeda during the war in Afghanistan with the former Soviet Union. Where did you get that idea? When did the Soviet Union begin its withdrawal from Afghanistan? When was al-Qaeda formed?

Edited by skyeagle409, 11 September 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#60    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 11 September 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

If someone punches me in the face I don't ask him why he's done it until I know he isn't going to do it again, and until I've done it back to him a few times.

Are you saying the reasons for the attack should be some measure of the response to it?

Oh yes yes you are tough, rough and ready! :rolleyes:

Why not? Remove presumptions first and foremost. Your response here is the same as America. SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS LATER. WHY were you punched in the face? Did you deserve it? Did you know them?  Someone could have just lashed out because they don't know how to handle what they're dealing with at the time. I know I've done that, as most red blooded humans have. The person I lashed out at (mid 20-s, I was 16) treated me in a way I never forgot. Instead of beatin the pulp out of me, he sat me down and talked to me. Asked why I was so mad. Ended up making a friend out of it that I've had now for 8 years.

Treat others the way you would want to be treated my friend.

You want to punch someone for punching you? That's what 9/11 supposedly was. A retaliatory attack. Since you understand and agree that if someone hurts you, you should hurt them back can I assume you now sympathise with the hijackers and their morals? After all, they were just striking a blow against the worlds biggest nosy neighbour.

Read this and ABSORB:

View PostCoffey, on 11 September 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

Let's turn this around. Imagine that your neighbour wanted to transport his shopping through your house on a conveyer belt. So he just started building it through your house. So you are like "WTF is this ****?!" So youdo what anyone would do and probably phone the police (the UN) but in this case they do nothing. What would you do then? The police is allowing this to happen! What would you do? You'd try to stop it with force! You'd probably vandalise his house as well. Then he calls up his army buddies and sticks a load of them in your house with guns and kills your family and runs over your car with their tanks.

All this time... You where classed as the terrorist! lol

Anything to say?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users