Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Birth of Osiris?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

View Postcladking, on 12 December 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

The coffin texts also state that the efflux of Osiris will be found in a chamber at Rosteau (Giza)
in four fiery red jugs.  These have never been located however I have found references to red
pot shards that were cleaned out of the Osiris Shaft a few years back.

None of orthodox beliefs is consistent with the physical evidence.  I suppose the best that can be
hoped for is that they didn't just throw away the "debris" found here.

Hi CK,

Many thanks for this. I know you are better versed than most in the Pyramid Texts - are you aware of anything in the PTs that may allude to what you have described from the CTs?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

SC

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#32    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,942 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostScott Creighton, on 12 December 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Hi CK,

Many thanks for this. I know you are better versed than most in the Pyramid Texts - are you aware of anything in the PTs that may allude to what you have described from the CTs?

Appreciate your help.

Not really.  There's a weak implication that they study this efflux but nothing that suggests
they saved a sample for the future.  I've already looked for it and am pretty confident no
such wording exists.

The efflux mentioned in the coffin texts was said to have fallen to the desert sands from Osiris.

There are copious lines in the PT that suggests they had an excellent understanding of
the nature of the efflux.  They even said they located one Eye of Horus by its odor alone.

If I remember where that implication is, I'll post it later.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#33    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,942 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

It's utterance #637 I was thinking of but trying to explain the implication is exceedingly difficult.

Suffice to say that calling the efflux "sweat" instead of "I3.t-wt.t" might be to highlight the fact
that this God is like a human and to draw attention to the unusual way of "uniting" Osiris' body.

Utterance 637.

1799a. To say: Horus comes; filled [with ointment], he sought his father, Osiris;
1799b. he found him on his side in Gḥś.ti.
1800a. Osiris filled himself with the eye of him whom he begat.
1800b. O N., I have come to thee also,
1800c. that I may fill thee with the ointment that came forth from the eye of Horus.
1801a. Fill thyself with it.
1801b. It will assemble thy bones; it will unite thy limbs;
1801c. it will collect thy flesh; it will let thy evil sweat flow to the ground.
1802a. Take its odour to thee, that thy odour may be sweet like that of Rē‘,
1802b. when he ascends in the horizon, and the gods of the horizon delight in him.
1803a. O N., the odour of the eye of Horus is upon thee;
1803b. the gods who follow Osiris delight in thee.
1804a. Thou hast borne off their white crown, while thou art endued with the form of Osiris,
1804b. whereby thou art a spirit, more than the spirits, as Horus himself, lord of men, commanded.

The ointment is in the Upper Eye of Horus where the crown is bourne off and the water is
degassed. The "I" in line 1800b is Thot "The Phenomenon of Human Progress".

Edited by cladking, 13 December 2012 - 04:29 AM.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#34    LRW

LRW

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Osiris can be best described as an extraterrestrial humanoid who brought knowledge to the inhabitants of the ancient world. He taught them many things, especially regarding spirituality.  

This is his mark.

Posted Image

#35    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postcladking, on 13 December 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

It's utterance #637 I was thinking of but trying to explain the implication is exceedingly difficult.

Suffice to say that calling the efflux "sweat" instead of "I3.t-wt.t" might be to highlight the fact
that this God is like a human and to draw attention to the unusual way of "uniting" Osiris' body.

Utterance 637.

1799a. To say: Horus comes; filled [with ointment], he sought his father, Osiris;
1799b. he found him on his side in Gḥś.ti.
1800a. Osiris filled himself with the eye of him whom he begat.
1800b. O N., I have come to thee also,
1800c. that I may fill thee with the ointment that came forth from the eye of Horus.
1801a. Fill thyself with it.
1801b. It will assemble thy bones; it will unite thy limbs;
1801c. it will collect thy flesh; it will let thy evil sweat flow to the ground.
1802a. Take its odour to thee, that thy odour may be sweet like that of Rē‘,
1802b. when he ascends in the horizon, and the gods of the horizon delight in him.
1803a. O N., the odour of the eye of Horus is upon thee;
1803b. the gods who follow Osiris delight in thee.
1804a. Thou hast borne off their white crown, while thou art endued with the form of Osiris,
1804b. whereby thou art a spirit, more than the spirits, as Horus himself, lord of men, commanded.

The ointment is in the Upper Eye of Horus where the crown is bourne off and the water is
degassed. The "I" in line 1800b is Thot "The Phenomenon of Human Progress".

Hi CK,

Many thanks for this. Much appreciated.

SC

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users