Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?


  • Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#211    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 26 September 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Meditation or transdental meditation is not necessarily associated with 'thoughlessness' since you have to focus on something even when you meditate.

Have you ever given Buddhist or Zen meditation a go? There are a number of meditation techniques which have the goal of thoughtlessness. Anyway, we digress... let's get back to dinosaurs, shall we?

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#212    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 13,083 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 26 September 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

It can also be the other way round don't you think,they might end up claiming that lions were extinct millions of of years before 2012 since no Human and Lion skeleton were found together in archeological research.Future humans might give the same arguments as you about Lions not having co-existed with men post 2000.
True, but then NASA can't, using techniques for detecting life on other planets, prove that there's life on Earth. However they can be relatively sure there's life on Earth based on their techniques, in the same way archaelolgists can  relativly sure man and lion existed at the same times based on their relative locations on sedmentary layers and via carbon dating tchniques.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#213    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 26 September 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

True, but then NASA can't, using techniques for detecting life on other planets, prove that there's life on Earth. However they can be relatively sure there's life on Earth based on their techniques, in the same way archaelolgists can  relativly sure man and lion existed at the same times based on their relative locations on sedmentary layers and via carbon dating tchniques.
What if there is a global flood in the future and all the sedimentary layers are reaaranged and disturbed?I am just saying that no matter how great the credentials of a person 'assuming' something are,'assumptions' should only be stated as 'assumptions' and not 'fact'.

Also-Carbon Dating is only claimed to be accurate till a period of 80,000 years and what you probably mean in K-Ar dating.You should read up on the assumptions made in decideing the Geological column.


#214    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 13,083 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 27 September 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

What if there is a global flood in the future and all the sedimentary layers are reaaranged and disturbed?I am just saying that no matter how great the credentials of a person 'assuming' something are,'assumptions' should only be stated as 'assumptions' and not 'fact'.
Firstly, it'd need to be a MASSIVE global flood to upset sedimentary layers which are rock. Now, geological upset can interfere with sedimentary layering (for example, there are deserts in Australia where you can watch the sedimentary layers twist and turn upon themselves and even flip over so teh "oldest" is nearest to the surface.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#215    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 27 September 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

Firstly, it'd need to be a MASSIVE global flood to upset sedimentary layers which are rock. Now, geological upset can interfere with sedimentary layering (for example, there are deserts in Australia where you can watch the sedimentary layers twist and turn upon themselves and even flip over so teh "oldest" is nearest to the surface.
My friend this was only one possibility i highlighted there are various other theories that can be given like the one's given to explain finding human skeletons in unexpected eras during archeological digs.Also the geological colunm is not complete in almost 99% of the Earth so how do you account for the missing sediment deposits.And you are very right in pointing out the Australian example.Since we are at it we can also consider a pole shift event.


#216    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 27 September 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

My friend this was only one possibility i highlighted there are various other theories that can be given like the one's given to explain finding human skeletons in unexpected eras during archeological digs.Also the geological colunm is not complete in almost 99% of the Earth so how do you account for the missing sediment deposits.And you are very right in pointing out the Australian example.Since we are at it we can also consider a pole shift event.

Um... do you even know what a pole shift is?

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#217    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 3,215 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

I was just going to say that.  Lol.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#218    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 3,215 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

OK more on point. A pole shift occurred around 788000 years ago. With no associated climactic events. No die offs and no change in geology. Granted a compass wouldn't work as true as now but all in all nothing major would happen.
A pole shift takes roughly 7000 years if memory serves me correctly. The only true effect and this is minor no matter how it sounds is the magnetic shield our planet has from solar radiation would weaken slightly until the change was complete. Again it appears to be very minor as level of. Radiation at ground level are quite low. Humans and all flora and fauna would survive without much of an impact and seeing as it would span 7000 years the increase would be almost unnoticed by each generation.
Also I suppose some birds would be confused for about five minutes until they realize they need to follow the other direction away from home... the cold would be a big tip to birds to go the other way... hope this helps its all from memory so feel free to nit pick without any worry of me being offended.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 27 September 2012 - 07:01 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#219    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 13,083 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 27 September 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

My friend this was only one possibility i highlighted there are various other theories that can be given like the one's given to explain finding human skeletons in unexpected eras during archeological digs.Also the geological colunm is not complete in almost 99% of the Earth so how do you account for the missing sediment deposits.And you are very right in pointing out the Australian example.Since we are at it we can also consider a pole shift event.
I can't see how a Pole Shift would affect the sedimentary layers, sorry.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#220    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 3,215 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

OK to add. Lets say it happened poof tomorrow. The magnetic solar radiation shield that the poles priduce eould not weaken noticeably at all and your compass would point backwards that's it buddy. Hope I percieved and addressed that questionessentually laying it to rest before it needed to be asked.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 27 September 2012 - 07:08 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#221    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 27 September 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

OK to add. Lets say it happened poof tomorrow. The magnetic solar radiation shield that the poles priduce eould not weaken noticeably at all and your compass would point backwards that's it buddy. Hope I percieved and addressed that questionessentually laying it to rest before it needed to be asked.
Was asking about it in context to it's overall effects on sedimentary layers and the upheavels it would produce.


#222    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 13,083 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

I honestly don't thikn a pole shift would affect already laid down sediment. I think the only thing that can do that is geolgical movement.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#223    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 3,215 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 27 September 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

OK more on point. A pole shift occurred around 788000 years ago. With no associated climactic events. No die offs and no change in geology. Granted a compass wouldn't work as true as now but all in all nothing major would happen.
A pole shift takes roughly 7000 years if memory serves me correctly. The only true effect and this is minor no matter how it sounds is the magnetic shield our planet has from solar radiation would weaken slightly until the change was complete. Again it appears to be very minor as level of. Radiation at ground level are quite low. Humans and all flora and fauna would survive without much of an impact and seeing as it would span 7000 years the increase would be almost unnoticed by each generation.
Also I suppose some birds would be confused for about five minutes until they realize they need to follow the other direction away from home... the cold would be a big tip to birds to go the other way... hope this helps its all from memory so feel free to nit pick without any worry of me being offended.
As you may see above there would be no die offs or geological changes. I hope that helps. Sedimentary layers appear to not be changed even in the slightest. Or we would have evidence of the anomaly in the layers right around the time of homo ceprinensis. Which has not been mentioned yet in any of my research.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#224    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 27 September 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Was asking about it in context to it's overall effects on sedimentary layers and the upheavels it would produce.

Except that... it wouldn't cause any upheavals or affect sedimentary layers in any way.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#225    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 37,093 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 27 September 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

I honestly don't thikn a pole shift would affect already laid down sediment. I think the only thing that can do that is geolgical movement.

Where you are quite correct. The only thing that could alter strata is a geological movement, but that still does not mix the different layers it just deforms them uniformly. The only thing that could alter the layers is something that digs into all of them and then lets the removed soil fall in a random fashion. But as far as I remember there is no natural phenomena akin to an excavator capable of digging several feet deep.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users