Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#61    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,702 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

ok. speaking in layman terms,  some silly questions to Harsh.

You champion Devolution.
So, please tell me, what have Homo Sapiens Spaines devolved from?
Are there any anthropological evidences which leads to  such a higher being?
Do you believe that larger cranial volume means a higher being?

If the older Hominids were higher beings why are there no evidences of their technology or civilizations? since the Anatomically Modern Humans or Homo sapiens sapiens evolved around 200,000 years ago, mostly in middle palaeolithic era, and we have studied and are still studying most of the cultures belonging to  them, where and what are the evidences of the higher beings we devolved from?

What does Cremo say about this?

Does he have the cat -got-his-tongue syndrome when it comes to replying to queries regarding evidences to substantiate his claims?

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#62    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,827 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 13 September 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

How do you think they date fossils?

First, you gotta find one - usually at a bar like "Johnny's Hideaway" in Atlanta, where Glen Miller music is the featured live entertainment.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#63    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 14 September 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

ok. speaking in layman terms,  some silly questions to Harsh.

You champion Devolution.
So, please tell me, what have Homo Sapiens Spaines devolved from?
Are there any anthropological evidences which leads to  such a higher being?
Do you believe that larger cranial volume means a higher being?

If the older Hominids were higher beings why are there no evidences of their technology or civilizations? since the Anatomically Modern Humans or Homo sapiens sapiens evolved around 200,000 years ago, mostly in middle palaeolithic era, and we have studied and are still studying most of the cultures belonging to  them, where and what are the evidences of the higher beings we devolved from?

What does Cremo say about this?

Does he have the cat -got-his-tongue syndrome when it comes to replying to queries regarding evidences to substantiate his claims?
I do not champion devolution but i find it interesting.
Who created life or did it evolve is an answer no one can give at present hence i don't know the answer.
It is not only a question of larger cranial volumes when you talk about intelligence but it is widely suggested that it is the 'brain to body ratio' that determines intelligence,but the theory has it's own criticism.The truth of the matter is intelligence and how the brain works are very poorly understood by modern scientist,leave alone memory and how it is actually stored.Talking about the functioning of the brain or intelligence is very premature with our present knowledge of it.
From whom and where modern human beings evolved/or did they really evolve are again questions that are still debated widely and present objective scientific knowledge cannot answer for it without red herrings and vague assumptions,so i suppose Cremo being able to answer for it objectively is not possible.
Like i said when i said i find devolution interesting i meant in it in the form of a devolution from a spiritual to a materialistic existence as suggested by Cremo.But physical devolution (i am just theorizing) Spartan is from Man to monkey and other lower animals for which there are ample 'proofs'(what evolutionist call proof i.e different species showing different levels of complexity).Hence i stated in one of my post about evolution that unless 'evolution of life' is accounted for or experimentally proved i rather believe that humans devolved into other things as it would comply atleast with the second law of thermodynamics.

#64    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostHarte, on 14 September 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

First, you gotta find one - usually at a bar like "Johnny's Hideaway" in Atlanta, where Glen Miller music is the featured live entertainment.

Harte
Though seriously any opinion on these results,either radio carbon dating can be erroneous at times (often due to contamination) or probably dinosaurs did live 20000 years back.

#65    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 14 September 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Are You Telling Me The Flintstones Were Not Real??!! :cry:
I would never suggest such a thing!

#66    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,773 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

" did man and dinosaurs coexist?"

Fast and short answer:

No.

Finally got my black belt....

#67    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,432 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 15 September 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

I do not champion devolution but i find it interesting.
Who created life or did it evolve is an answer no one can give at present hence i don't know the answer.
It is not only a question of larger cranial volumes when you talk about intelligence but it is widely suggested that it is the 'brain to body ratio' that determines intelligence,but the theory has it's own criticism.The truth of the matter is intelligence and how the brain works are very poorly understood by modern scientist,leave alone memory and how it is actually stored.Talking about the functioning of the brain or intelligence is very premature with our present knowledge of it.
From whom and where modern human beings evolved/or did they really evolve are again questions that are still debated widely and present objective scientific knowledge cannot answer for it without red herrings and vague assumptions,so i suppose Cremo being able to answer for it objectively is not possible.
Like i said when i said i find devolution interesting i meant in it in the form of a devolution from a spiritual to a materialistic existence as suggested by Cremo.But physical devolution (i am just theorizing) Spartan is from Man to monkey and other lower animals for which there are ample 'proofs'(what evolutionist call proof i.e different species showing different levels of complexity).Hence i stated in one of my post about evolution that unless 'evolution of life' is accounted for or experimentally proved i rather believe that humans devolved into other things as it would comply atleast with the second law of thermodynamics.

You fundamentally don't understand science - everything from thermodynamics and the basics of biology to what constitutes proof and why science isn't about what you'd "rather believe"; you just don't get it.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#68    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Dudes I totally just figured it out.  Them there humans were TIME TRAVELERS.  I saw a movie about it one time.  Fluxy capacitatory thingamabob er sumpthin.  Oh and I read a thing on the interweb about it once, so its gotta be true.  *rolleyes*

#69    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,773 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 15 September 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Dudes I totally just figured it out.  Them there humans were TIME TRAVELERS.  I saw a movie about it one time.  Fluxy capacitatory thingamabob er sumpthin.  Oh and I read a thing on the interweb about it once, so its gotta be true.  *rolleyes*

About time travel

Dangerous business...

#70    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Dangit!  They have blocked youtube at my work!  curses.... <_<

#71    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,773 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 15 September 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Dangit!  They have blocked youtube at my work!  curses.... <_<

thats sad cuz the video is very funny :w00t:

#72    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 15 September 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

You fundamentally don't understand science - everything from thermodynamics and the basics of biology to what constitutes proof and why science isn't about what you'd "rather believe"; you just don't get it.
OK.
http://www.godandsci...ml#.UFfILrJlTpo

Edited by Harsh86_Patel, 17 September 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#73    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,676 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 17 September 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

According to your "beliefs" then bacteria cannot evolve to become resistant to anti-biotics (which of course they do). Also, in your link to yet another Ceationist website Karl Popper is referenced to support your case, but in fact Karl Popper said:

Popper understood the universe as a creative entity that invents new things, including life, but without the necessity of something like a god, especially not one who is pulling strings from behind the curtain. He said that evolution must, as the creationists say, work in a goal-directed way[27] but disagreed with their view that it must necessarily be the hand of god that imposes these goals onto the stage of life.

#74    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,467 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 17 September 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Evolution observed in the laboratory

http://www.newscient...in-the-lab.html

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#75    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 17 September 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

According to your "beliefs" then bacteria cannot evolve to become resistant to anti-biotics (which of course they do). Also, in your link to yet another Ceationist website Karl Popper is referenced to support your case, but in fact Karl Popper said:

Popper understood the universe as a creative entity that invents new things, including life, but without the necessity of something like a god, especially not one who is pulling strings from behind the curtain. He said that evolution must, as the creationists say, work in a goal-directed way[27] but disagreed with their view that it must necessarily be the hand of god that imposes these goals onto the stage of life.
Do you know recent studies have shown that evolution of bacterial resistance to antibiotics never happened,the genes that give antibiotic resistance were found in bacterial cultures taken from very old frozen stocks before we started wide scale use of particular antibiotics.This means that some bacteria always had resistance to these antibiotics and over the period of time our constant use of antibiotics has killed the rest but the one's which 'always had the resistance genes' are the ones alive and multiplying.
Though the example yoiu gave shows that you are ready to think,since you don't like creationist website which have hence 'the bible is right' inference,here are a few more issues you can look into.
http://www.programme...ion_issues.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users