Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

no such thing as astral travel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

you guys know that right?

if it was it would have been proven in the scientific community.

why hasnt anyone been locked in a room, do the astral travel and spoke of what they seen in the room next to them? surely they would have done this at some point.

#2    Kevin28

Kevin28

Remote Viewer

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Cause the government would get them ?

#3    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

I think that has been already done

#4    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

I'm not really sure what astral travel is, I shall have to go and read about it now! I'll keep an open mind until then.

#5    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

NocturnalWatcher....I think what you are describing is more like "Remote Viewing" but either way I think you are right n that it has already been debunked over and over.

As far as "Astral Travel" is concerned, the more I read of it the more it sounds simply like vivid dreaming rather than some part of the "mind" going to some far-off place.
Dreams can certainly be convincing; I had a few that, at first, made me think I really had gone someplace but I soon discovered my mind stayed inside my skull.

Maybe there is more to how the mind functions that can be eventually explained through scientific research rather than relying on pseudo-science and woo.

#6    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

idk never tried to do it.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#7    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 13 September 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

why hasnt anyone been locked in a room, do the astral travel and spoke of what they seen in the room next to them? surely they would have done this at some point.
How do you know that?
Have you tried?
Have you spoken to those who have tried it or succeeded?
I'm trying Astral projection myself at the moment, never consiously done it yet, still, 18th century books on the subject and experiances of others tells me that there must be something to it.. Not that I believe everything I read, I preferr to learn by experience. So please tell me, what is your experience of this?

#8    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,535 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

POPULAR

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 13 September 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Pops open a bottle of champers to share with the UM community as everything in science has been discovered and anything that hasnt been discovered doesnt exist.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,210 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

remote viewing etc should be shockingly simple to prove.
get one person on ome sode of the world to remote view a willing participant on another side of the world.Describe the other person in detail voila. proven.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#10    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 13 September 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

remote viewing etc should be shockingly simple to prove.
get one person on ome sode of the world to remote view a willing participant on another side of the world.Describe the other person in detail voila. proven.

Exactly.

I just seen a thread where a guy claims to have travelled to the moon and held the universe in his hand or something weird like that, what is wrong with these people?

I tried astral travel like 10 years ago i listened to the mp3 that supposedly induces it, i meditated, nothing ever happened except a few strange feelings in your body. I have an open mind I have experienced lucid dreaming many times during my life but i know astral travel isnt real.

#11    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hmmm, you completely by-passed my question to answer one of your own liking..

sometimes silence says more than words ever could....... :whistle:

#12    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 13 September 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Exactly.

I just seen a thread where a guy claims to have travelled to the moon and held the universe in his hand or something weird like that, what is wrong with these people?

I tried astral travel like 10 years ago i listened to the mp3 that supposedly induces it, i meditated, nothing ever happened except a few strange feelings in your body. I have an open mind I have experienced lucid dreaming many times during my life but i know astral travel isnt real.

Why did you start a thread on it if you already have your own conclusion. I mean other than trolling what is the point of your discussion  ? If you want to tell the world your answer and why, this may be better off as a blog, not a thread.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 13 September 2012 - 09:26 PM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#13    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 13 September 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Why did you start a thread on it if you already have your own conclusion. I mean other than trolling what is the point of your discussion  ? If you want to tell the world your answer and why, this may be better off as a blog, not a thread.

sorry to have offended you but you have to realize and see things from my perspective, these are outrageous claims. I guess it wasn't the best of threads but I couldn't help it, i have to say something. I don't want these people getting false hope about something that in my mind is completely fictional.

#14    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 13 September 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

sorry to have offended you but you have to realize and see things from my perspective, these are outrageous claims. I guess it wasn't the best of threads but I couldn't help it, i have to say something. I don't want these people getting false hope about something that in my mind is completely fictional.

Something being fictional in your mind is not necessarily fictional in another persons mind. Learning that not everyone thinks the same way or has the same experiences in life is something which you have to respect and know when to leave alone. What you say otherwise isn't going to change a damn thing, I mean why should people listen to you if you lack the experience in the first place, perhaps experiences they already have gained. Mocking their experiences is not big or clever. it just makes you look like a intolerant being which people will gloss over.

It is also not your place or responsibly to 'save' people from whatever you consider fictional. That mindset in itself is not doing you any favours. Focus on developing yourself instead of turning on others.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#15    Mr.Guapo

Mr.Guapo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

I have been practicing astral walking/travel for the last two months. I haven't had any luck, but I work a horrible shift 5pm to 5am. I find that I have been getting a better days sleep than I had before I started to practive astral walking. I don't know if it is possible to astral walk or not, but I will continue to try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users