Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is this beast?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1    Nighter

Nighter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

With the drawing and description I'm about to give, if you had to categorize this what could it be (or be related to)?

Primarily a quadruped, but can move on two legs as well. Roughly 9 feet long and anywhere between 5 and 6 feet tall when on all fours. Not capable of true flight (glides) and uses wings for threat displays. External ears that can be folded into ridges in skull, hide is covered in the same scale-like texture you'd find on an ostriches or emus legs (as opposed to scales.) Has fur-like covering on chest and skull, stiff dark feather-like growths from wing phalanges, featherless spines and 'fur' can be raised on upper body when threatened. Very wide vocal range, good at sound mimicry. Has serrated teeth, three eyelids (two close sideways, outer eyelid reflective black) a barbed tail, poisonous barbs on upper hind legs and talons.
Assumed to be carnivorous.
Coloring - unknown (most likely black feathers.)

Posted Image

#2    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

idk something you drew?

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#3    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Looks like something you saw in a bad dream.

Unfortunately, it isn't real.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

It looks like a Griffin.

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

http://www.thanasis.com/griffnsr.jpg

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#6    Nighter

Nighter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Ok, thank you simbi. So thus far we have dragon/griffin.

No thanks to everyone who didn't even bother to think on it and I never said it was real or not either. Troll much?

In this section of the forum you'd think to get more serious answers than not, wouldn't you? Maybe not though.

Edited by Nighter, 14 September 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#7    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

you asked wat it was....it looks just like a drawing, you gave no circumstances in which to label it. so you give us a description and no back story. we dont know if it was a dream or something you just thought of......

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#8    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

Very nice drawing! :tu:

Reminds me of a Japanese spirit dragon because of the feathers. (even though I think it's fur they usually have)

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#9    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostNighter, on 14 September 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Ok, thank you simbi. So thus far we have dragon/griffin.

No thanks to everyone who didn't even bother to think on it and I never said it was real or not either. Troll much?

In this section of the forum you'd think to get more serious answers than not, wouldn't you? Maybe not though.
What a Jack ass,You draw something that you made up,you give no explaination to what you saw or dream of and have the gall to come over here and then talk crap to the people who you asked help for. No one here is trying to fight with you but then again maybe your looking for a fight .Go somewhere else if thats the reason your here.I do admit that its a good drawing worthy of tatooing and my compliments to who ever drew it, But you should really explain yourself  more if you really want people here to give you the answers your looking for,We are not mind readers and we are not here to judge you but it seems you are here to either judge us or make fun of us,I Don't speak for everybody but I do concider the people here on this site my Friends even if at times I argue with them and It chaps my hyde when they get attacked for nothing,You asked a question that was uncomplete and got mad when they answered you,Chill dude,Just make your questions clear. Enough said.

#10    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Swamp gas

#11    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Until you start calling people down for this crap then you need to get used to this sort of thing happening. In this guy's case he's a real piece of work.

#12    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,662 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

POPULAR

Obviously a dog man/hyrax/chupacabra/dragon thingy...translation: imagination. While it's ok to imagine stuff, it's just good form to let others know that from the get/go.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#13    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostLilly, on 14 September 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Obviously a dog man/hyrax/chupacabra/dragon thingy...translation: imagination. While it's ok to imagine stuff, it's just good form to let others know that from the get/go.

Very true......but where's the drama in doing it that way?

#14    Galilei

Galilei

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

• "Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to." —Judith Thurman

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

How did you get a portrait of me? <_<

#15    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostNighter, on 14 September 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

With the drawing and description I'm about to give, if you had to categorize this what could it be (or be related to)?

Primarily a quadruped, but can move on two legs as well. Roughly 9 feet long and anywhere between 5 and 6 feet tall when on all fours. Not capable of true flight (glides) and uses wings for threat displays. External ears that can be folded into ridges in skull, hide is covered in the same scale-like texture you'd find on an ostriches or emus legs (as opposed to scales.) Has fur-like covering on chest and skull, stiff dark feather-like growths from wing phalanges, featherless spines and 'fur' can be raised on upper body when threatened. Very wide vocal range, good at sound mimicry. Has serrated teeth, three eyelids (two close sideways, outer eyelid reflective black) a barbed tail, poisonous barbs on upper hind legs and talons.
Assumed to be carnivorous.
Coloring - unknown (most likely black feathers.)

Posted Image
Excellent portrayal of an eight-ribbed lizard-bird. The wings extend out from the rib cage.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users