Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will the world end within 100 days ?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#16    Lukeuk

Lukeuk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

This is one of the largest doomsday theories due to internet. No other reason. A couple to note would be Nostradamus's end of world predictions and also the dreaded Millennium Bug that was going to cause electronics to go crazy and destroy mankind back in 2000.

#17    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,466 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Will the world end? nope, don't think so.
Will the world change, yes, I believe so, and about bloody time too.

Funny, I was thinking about the end of the world the other day when I found a box of rusty tin cans and packets of dried macaroni in the shed the other day (mum's old & forgotten hidden stash in the event of Y2K)

#18    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 15 September 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Will the world end? nope, don't think so.
Will the world change, yes, I believe so, and about bloody time too.

Funny, I was thinking about the end of the world the other day when I found a box of rusty tin cans and packets of dried macaroni in the shed the other day (mum's old & forgotten hidden stash in the event of Y2K)

Good God man! Don't you see it?! It's an apocalyptic sign! You're going to run out of macaroni soon! Get to the store, ASAP!

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#19    terrible

terrible

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

The calendar will not control destiny but world events are worse than at the start of  WW1  and as bad as the start of WW2 . Stupidity, ignorance and greed will be the downfall of the nations unless we can find honor, truth and integrity.

#20    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

If the world ends, will somebody please tell me? I'd like to sleep in.

#21    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

I will give up beer on Dec 22nd or 24th.

#22    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

I find any doomsday theory to be pretty silly.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#23    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Did the Mayans make an advent calendar for the last 100 days?

#24    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

No, it's not...but the past week in the world news shown an explosion of anti-American incidents in the Middle east and increased tension between Iran and Israel, which can be interpreted a harbinger of a massive devastating war to build up. The so-called Timewave Zero began to fall downward on August 30th, but it was this September 11 when we hear about 4 Americans killed in an U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya and the U.S. embassy protests in Cairo. The protests and violence won't stop, while I keep up with the latest news of the Iran-Israel showdown. Something drastic may happen in December 21st to change the world or produce something so unbelievably tragic, I believe the Mayans had a worldview and futuristic mindset to be frightened not to pursue more prophecy.

Edited by Quake Storm Maverick 66er, 15 September 2012 - 10:04 PM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#25    doom_boom

doom_boom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

I agree the world will not end on that day, nor will we see any magical change to our lives or surroundings. I do feel however that the current situation going on in many parts of the world is worrying. Hopefully the human race can change for the better and overcome its differences or we shall most definitely be the architects of our own destruction. I think that factors such as over over-population, religion, economy collapse are going to affect us a lot sooner than any crazy theories such as planet X and over night polar shifts. Humans need to learn to get along and make positive changes as a race or its going be a rough road ahead.

Fair enough people say the mayans were a race of astrologers, this is true and it was a practise done mainly for measuring weather patterns and seasons. They were also a race who used to sacrifice people to the 'gods' and were mostly wiped out through war and famine... you need to ask yourself that if a race was so advanced and they could predict the end of the world in '2012' then surely they would be advanced enough to prevent their own demise. This 2012 'prophecy' is a book seller and nothing more. See you all in 2013 :).

Edited by doom_boom, 15 September 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#26    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

If life ends as we know it I think we can blame overpopulation.  Religious nuts wanting it to end and wars, lack of food and clean water.

I don't think this planet can support many more people.  The people having 6 kids needs to stop, they are a big threat to our way of life.  Yet some in politics think no abortion for no reason or that you shouldn't take birth control pills, morning after pills.  Some in the world with multiple wives have 30 or more kids.  That's just stupid.  If your going to keep having kids like modern medicine don't exist maybe it shouldn't exist for you.

#27    ufonuts

ufonuts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• What if Everything We Know is Wrong?

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Oh, how I wish it was not true, but the sad truth is something bad will happen around this time, that will kill off at least 90% of the worlds Human population! Oh, if there is a Good God, we need you now, please help us and save our souls!

Signed,

The Human Race

Just Accept it, God is an Alien!  Visit my Very Own Web-Site: http://www.GodIsanAlien.info

#28    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,726 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

People have been predicting the end for a very long time and nothing has become of it. Take for example, The Great Disappointment back in the mid 1800's.
A christian sect called the Millerites led by William Miller predicted the end October 22, 1844. Some followers even Purchased white ascension robes for the event.
What I find interesting is the robes were Purchased and not given to the followers by Miller.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#29    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 15 September 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Did the Mayans make an advent calendar for the last 100 days?

Nope.
But they did recently admit they screwed up....

Posted Image

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#30    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

if the world does end in less than 100 days then im a beaver -_____-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users