Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What's your geekiest hobby?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#46    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 19 September 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Awesome, but you're not going to blindfold yourself, spin around three times and THEN apply the sticker. Especially if its tail-shapped. Thats a donkey thing.

Mighty Midget? Sound like it blows up one of my other geeky hobbies: Assigning voices and physical properties to the UM posters. I had you pegged with a kinda scratchy, young Susan St James voice and about 5 foot 9. Mighty Midget makes you sound a wee bit shorter....
Try more than half a foot shorter, and my voice is only scratchy in the mornings sometimes, or a couple days after I go to certain concerts.

Edited by ScreamingSarcasm, 20 September 2012 - 01:07 AM.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#47    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostScreamingSarcasm, on 20 September 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Try more than half a foot shorter, and my voice is only scratchy in the mornings sometimes, or a couple days after I go to certain concerts.

I guess we can cross "pyschic/spiritual reader" off my list of superpowers. I can make the height adjustment, but I still hear the same voice when I read your posts. Maybe I just have voices in my head?

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#48    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

Kinda disappointed none of this I would consider geeky. All I got is that I'm in to swing dancing and singing it at karoke. Best part about doing it is the way I dress nobody would expect it coming from a guy like me rofl.

#49    ioppolo

ioppolo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

Does gaming count as geeky as such?

#50    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

View Postioppolo, on 08 October 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Does gaming count as geeky as such?

Nah, especially if it's the Sims 2!

#51    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Playing forum games.

#52    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,748 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I have several...

I have played RPG's for the past 40 years - still do...
I am a miniature wargame enthusiast - mostly Ancients, English Civil War/Thirty Years War and Napoleonics...
I play board games - mostly war games...
I collect old maps... - I just like maps, I don't know why...
I am currently modeling (building things - not prancing down a run way) using the Hirst Arts molds  http://www.hirstarts.com/

#53    Travelling Man

Travelling Man

Psychic Spy

• 1,155 posts

• And you are asking... Why?

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

I am schizophrenic in my geekiness...

I am retired military and now working in the financial industry where I make some VERY good money. I am married and have three kids - all of whom are into sports and are either in college or soon to be there. I have a BA in Environmental Studies and am working on my thesis in social genetics (how cultures drift because of genetic variations and mutations).

And in my spare time, I play D&D (Pathfinder, specifically), and am finishing up a source book for my campaign world that I hope to get published. I read avariciously - anything from fantasy and sci-fi to historical treatises about Medieval society and culture...

I also play keyboard and guitar in a classic rock/punk/disco band.

Yeah, I'm a phreaking ONION I have so many layers!!

Superior firepower will win over superior numbers - every time!  G.A. Custer
Superior numbers will win over superior firepower - every time!  S. Bull

My credentials

#54    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,299 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

Maybe sewing by hand, fixing up old stuff and decorating with it.  I also go to the library but don't hang out there. I just grab some books/CDs/DVDS and leave.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#55    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hobbies, hmmm, I am interested in so many things that my hobbies almost become tedious at times. A lot of stuff I have tried for awhile, didn't stick with, I am famous for that. I play guitar as a hobbie, and I also love making things out of nothing. I make knives in my spare time. Usual out of old used pieces of scrap steel. Anything really from old files to leaf springs. As long as it is hard enough. I hunt and fish religiously so most of my knives are outdoor oriented blades for myself, family, and friends. Geeky? Maybe or maybe not. It is fun and takes my mind off of the stress for awhile.

Mike

#56    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

I meditate every day.  Been doing it 35 years plus now.  It quiets the mind.
I also play electric guitar every day.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#57    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Come on, you guys aren't even trying now. Someone say they play the Keytar or something.

Posted Image

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#58    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,256 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

So, I do a lot of bead embroidery and bead weaving to make jewelry... I'm really good at it. But I dont know that it's particularly "geeky"

What is geeky? I love to create Fractals like the one in my avatar. THAT my friends is totally nerd. LOL.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#59    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Well this is a very geeky thing to bring up I think. None of my closest friends even know this. But I like playing Pokemon on the DS. I hate the stupid child like dialogue in the game but love the training and figuring out the best pokemon to take on another. Very underrated game IMO.

Would love to buy a Solid Snake or a Metal Gear Rex action figure. But I still live at home with the olds, and if they saw me buying 'toys' they would probably start thinking I'll never move out haha. Plus if I have a girl over (which is rare nowadays <_< ) and she saw it, it might not go down too well for my image lol!

Posted Image

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#60    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

View Post_Only, on 15 September 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

:blush:

Okay, there is art. But then there's art you make sitting at your computer.

Sometimes I think of this video when I am doing this hobby, and laugh to myself:

Haha, I love Tim and Eric. They're in Australia at the moment I think, but not touring my city. :angry:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users