Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,734 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Washington Post said:

WASHINGTON — Republican activists are incredulous: Why can’t Republican Mitt Romney seem to break open a tight race with President Barack Obama given the nation’s sluggish economy and conservative enthusiasm to beat the Democrat?

“He ought to be killing Obama, and he’s clearly not doing that,” said 32-year-old R.J. Robinson, one of the thousands of activists attending the annual Values Voters Summit this weekend. “He should be doing better.”

Added Mike Garner, a 27-year-old hawking “Reagan was right” buttons at the meeting: “If Romney loses this election, the party really needs to do some soul-searching.”

Read more

Could that have something to do with the fact that Romney was the most likely of the least likely possibilities to beat Obama?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,821 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

The Republican Party of today is just too conservative. The country has moved on since the 1950's.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,734 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 16 September 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

The Republican Party of today is just too conservative. The country has moved on since the 1950's.

It is not conservative, it is reactionary. That is not quite the same.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,919 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

The republican party has moved so far to the right they think they are left.  They would cut off their own nose to spite their face.  I think the party needs to do some soul searching anyway as to why they would want someone like Romney to represent them.  The man really messed up blaming Obama for the attacks instead of the people that actually did attack us.  Plus anyone that thinks $250,000 a year is middle income is out of touch and doesn't have a clue what this country needs.

I think Bush takes the honors of turning this country into a place the founding fathers wouldn't recognize.

Edited by Hilander, 16 September 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#5    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

To answer the question...Why can't Romney break ahead in the polls?...:

The answer is thus:  The polls are crap!   They are manufactured by the news media which is tilted so far left as to be nothing more than a tool of the Democrat Machine.   They always have been, they always will be.  The polls are designed to strengthen Obama and weaken the Republican base.   These polls mean absolutely NOTHING!   Romeny will win in a landslide in November and then we can put this pathetic administration behind us for another 12 or 16 years like we did with Carter.   Speaking of Carter...Good God!  Is this like the sequel to the same bad movie or what?  Deja vu all over again!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,878 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I thought recent polls of "Most Likely Voters" showed that the support was 48% Romney, 49% Obama. The polls that only are registered voters shows Obama as ahead currently. But, as has been seen countless times, these polls are only somewhat good at predicting what will happen in November. John McCain actually pulled ahead in late 2008 in most polls (Supposedly due to his percieved better ability at foreign affairs), but then when the stock market crashed Obama surged since he was percieved as being better at domestic economics. Even as late as Halloween no one will know what way the election will swing.

I still stick to the idea that if the economy is still running slow, Obama will be out, and Romney in. Could be really close either way.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,734 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postjoc, on 16 September 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

The answer is thus:  The polls are crap!   They are manufactured by the news media which is tilted so far left as to be nothing more than a tool of the Democrat Machine.   They always have been, they always will be.  The polls are designed to strengthen Obama and weaken the Republican base.   These polls mean absolutely NOTHING!   Romeny will win in a landslide in November and then we can put this pathetic administration behind us for another 12 or 16 years like we did with Carter.   Speaking of Carter...Good God!  Is this like the sequel to the same bad movie or what?  Deja vu all over again!

Why does this remind of a similar post you made in 2008, or was it AROCES?

about me

#8    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,341 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postjoc, on 16 September 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Polls do mean little however Romney a right wing morman stands no chance. Not that I like it but Obama is a shoe in.  I will bet 100 UM dollars on it. The right or as we say repubs have nothing to bring to the plate and Romney proves that.

View Postquestionmark, on 16 September 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

+

Oh the memories xoxo

Edited by The Silver Thong, 16 September 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,734 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 16 September 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

I still stick to the idea that if the economy is still running slow, Obama will be out, and Romney in. Could be really close either way.

The economy is not so relevant as medicare among the likely voters, and in that chapter Romney and Ryan are loosing big.

about me

#10    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,341 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 September 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

The economy is not so relevant as medicare among the likely voters, and in that chapter Romney and Ryan are loosing big.

Obama with a 20 point spread percentage wise is my guess.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#11    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 September 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Must have been AROCES, I don't remember ever thinking that McCain was even going to win, much less in a landslide!

The Silver Thong:  Polls do mean little however Romney a right wing morman stands no chance. Not that I like it but Obama is a shoe in.  I will bet 100 UM dollars on it. The right or as we say repubs have nothing to bring to the plate and Romney proves that.

I will give you a pass because, as a Canadian, you have no pulse apparently on the economy of the USA.  In a word...it sucks...in another word...everyone (execpt the base Democrats) blame Obama.  I will make a bet with you as well.  I don't bet money...but, I will wager this:  if Obama wins, before I sell my computer and my house, I will post in very large print the following statement: The Silver Thong was right and I was WRONG!   And, if Romney wins...by a landslide...you do the same!  eh?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#12    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,591 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yes, the GOP needs to do some soul searching and Romney with this MSM does seem to be a moron, but even with that, he should be killing Obama.  Perhaps he is and we'll never know it until Nov 7??  So what's the appeal of this Nicolae Carpathian Pied Piper?

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#13    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Could be that the GOP seem oddly insane this election and seem to be messing up a lot more than the Dems. Plus you have the Republican base not really liking Romney to begin with. Forget where I saw it but there are some people who believe Obama is a secret Muslim but will still be voting for him because they don't want Romney in office. :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#14    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,734 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostCorp, on 17 September 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Could be that the GOP seem oddly insane this election and seem to be messing up a lot more than the Dems. Plus you have the Republican base not really liking Romney to begin with. Forget where I saw it but there are some people who believe Obama is a secret Muslim but will still be voting for him because they don't want Romney in office. :P

The problem with the Republicans right now is that they act like three different parties, the reactionaries, the conservative and the tea party. Among all three they create a multiple voiced cacophony that makes it very hard for the non-partisan voter to discern what they are really up to, Romney and Ryann do nothing to clear that up. That is why there was no convention boost in Romney's favor after the RNC.

about me

#15    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

I am really outraged that the election is sooooo close in the polls.  If Romney had a lead of 54% to 46% for Obama, it would be called a blowout, a real sweep for republicans.  Liberals would be deflated and an extra 10% will not even vote with the election already determined.

This is the reality that the liberal pollsters want to avoid.  The polls are rigged, skewed, manipulated and designed to give Obama a very slight lead.  If Obama was a great president, the polls now should show him up 60% to 40%.  People with IQ's under 70 will continue to follow the hand that feeds them.  The mind is a terrible thing to waste!

You would like to believe there was no Romney boost after the convention.  You must rely on liberal polls to form opinions....such a waste.

Edited by Pyridium, 17 September 2012 - 05:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users