Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#181    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,689 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostTiggs, on 03 October 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

You don't get to almost crash the entire world's economy and then blame it on the guy who get's the job of fixing it.
Did you not see the charts I posted?  How can you blame an economy of over 8% unemployment on a guy who, for most of eight years, had an economy where unemployment was in the 4-5% range?  You just don't get to do that.  That is analogous to running a 4 man relay...where for the first 3 runners you have a substantial lead...but the 4th guy trips and falls and has to limp on to the finish line where he comes in last.  But now, the 4th runner wants to blame the first 3 runners for not giving him a big enough lead...good grief.  Can you people just get out of the birth box and look at life from a reality other that the box you were born into?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#182    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,009 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 October 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Did you not see the charts I posted?  How can you blame an economy of over 8% unemployment on a guy who, for most of eight years, had an economy where unemployment was in the 4-5% range?  You just don't get to do that.  That is analogous to running a 4 man relay...where for the first 3 runners you have a substantial lead...but the 4th guy trips and falls and has to limp on to the finish line where he comes in last.  But now, the 4th runner wants to blame the first 3 runners for not giving him a big enough lead...good grief.

Precisely. The four runners are Bush, and the fifth runner is Obama. The fifth runner has every right to blame the fourth for blowing the race..

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#183    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

(ring)
Obama: "Hello?"

Posted Image

Caller: "O-BA-ma! He gave us a PHONE! He gonna do MORE! Romney SUCKS! BAD!"

Obama: "How'd you get this number? ... "

Spoiler

Posted Image

#184    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm looking forward to the debate. I think Romney's going to kill it. I don't think Obama is smart nor eloquent, which is why he hasn't taken a real question since Joe the Plumber. He probably sleeps with his teleprompter. He never gives interviews except on The View with the rest of the b****es.  His record stinks, and Romney has an entire arsenal of issues that he can call Obama out on that will be completely new to the audience who only watches the liberal media, who get their news from John Stewart and the rest of the comic relief who are just now discovering Obama has been lying about the embassy attack and fast and furious and everything else. If Romney sticks to his guns, the lying liberal "fact-checkers" will be helpless tomorrow against the other fact-checker called Google search.

Edited by Vein Capital, 03 October 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#185    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Romney wants to get rid of PBS. The GOP hates Big Bird! The monsters!!!

:P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#186    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Romney owned the president. It almost looked like Obama wasn't taking it seriously. Is the fix in already? Wonder what that was about.

#187    joc

joc

• 12,689 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

View Postninjadude, on 03 October 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Precisely. The four runners are Bush, and the fifth runner is Obama. The fifth runner has every right to blame the fourth for blowing the race..
You live in a surreal world where facts just don't matter.  Fact: Bush presided over an economy that was threatened on 9-11-2001.  He prosecuted a war on terror and kept the economy from the demise sought by our attackers.  Fact:  For 8 years unemployment averaged in the 4-5 percent range.  Fact:  Dodd Frank caused the housing collapse by over-regulating banks.  Fact: Business owners and investers by and large pulled out of the stock market in the fall of 2008 for one reason...They feared what Obama was going to do.  Fact:  The sudden drop in the stock market and the housing industry resulted in a job market that sky rocketed to almost 10% unemployment.  These are facts.  I didn't create the facts.  I am not 'spinning' charts to come up with my own facts.  These are the facts.  You don't have any facts.  Neither does Obama and that is why Romney whipped his ass tonight!  Fact: Even Chris Matthews freaked out about how Obama had blown it.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#188    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostTiggs, on 03 October 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

There's still an active operation in play. Would you rather that he got the people still in the field killed to satisfy Congress' curiosity?
Touche!

I'd rather catch the criminals then bust the operation. The trick then would be showing that the operation is effective and worth the trouble from Congress.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#189    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 03 October 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Why? The ingrediance are written right on the wrapper. Its the exact same sandwhich.
It is the subtle differences in the spices that make one better then the other. A sandwich with a lot of onion and a sandwich with barely any still have the same ingrediants.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#190    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 October 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Even the debates won't help him, won't take a week before caught with his foot in his mouth again.
Are you talking about Romney or Biden? LOL :whistle: :innocent:

#191    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,129 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

View Postjoc, on 03 October 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Did you not see the charts I posted?  How can you blame an economy of over 8% unemployment on a guy who, for most of eight years, had an economy where unemployment was in the 4-5% range?  You just don't get to do that.

You do when the employment graph looks like this.

Posted Image

NaNoWriMo 2014 - Posted Image

#192    joc

joc

• 12,689 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostTiggs, on 04 October 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

You do when the employment graph looks like this.

Posted Image
Another thing you don't get to do ...and as Moderator you already know this...is throw out charts without any reference to where they came from or what they mean.  What exactly are these charts showing?  What exactly is Bush Private Employment...it sounds to me like people who work for Bush.  If you want to play chart vs chart...you are going to have to do better than that Tiggs...alot better...for those of you who are lost on what charts I am referring to Click Here (post #29).

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#193    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,129 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

View Postjoc, on 04 October 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

Another thing you don't get to do ...and as Moderator you already know this...is throw out charts without any reference to where they came from or what they mean.  What exactly are these charts showing?  What exactly is Bush Private Employment...it sounds to me like people who work for Bush.  If you want to play chart vs chart...you are going to have to do better than that Tiggs...alot better...for those of you who are lost on what charts I am referring to Click Here (post #29).

They're the US government statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the net change per month in Private sector jobs. I'd have thought that would have been fairly obvious.

#194    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,129 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

View Postjoc, on 04 October 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

for those of you who are lost on what charts I am referring to Click Here (post #29).

Every single major financial market around the world went through exactly the same sudden drop at exactly the same time, due to the near collapse of the International Banking System.

As much as you'd obviously like to pin that on Obama - we all have longer memories than that.

#195    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,404 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostTiggs, on 04 October 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Every single major financial market around the world went through exactly the same sudden drop at exactly the same time, due to the near collapse of the International Banking System.

As much as you'd obviously like to pin that on Obama - we all have longer memories than that.

Why do some people always suppose that everybody's is just 20 minutes like their own?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users