Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#91    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,377 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postninjadude, on 27 September 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Marc Rasmussen has been proven over and over again to be a biased poller. You should pay no attention.

You should stop posting garbage from democrat underground and start dealing with reality.

Edited by Merc14, 27 September 2012 - 12:58 AM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

#92    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,176 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostMerc14, on 27 September 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

You should stop posting garbage from democrat underground and start dealing with reality.

The reality is that real pollsters and people who study all pollsters (538, pollster.com) have shown Rasmussen's bias. Bias can be proven arithmetically and statistically. It's not a liberal plot.

Edited by ninjadude, 27 September 2012 - 01:05 AM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#93    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,377 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postninjadude, on 27 September 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

The reality is that real pollsters and people who study all pollsters (538, pollster.com) have shown Rasmussen's bias. Bias can be proven arithmetically and statistically. It's not a liberal plot.

In six weeks we will see who is right and who is wrong.  I have complete confidence in my predictions and am willing to bet you as I have said.  You have a lot of bravado and post absolute BS  with a dose a sanctimony and a pinch of hubris but refuse to bet.  What does that say about you?  I know what I think.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

#94    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,377 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Just a few numbers regarding what CBS/NY Times is betting is the turnout on November 6th.

Florida:
In 2004 the vote was R+4.
In 2008 the vote was D+3
CBS/NYTs is reporting that in 2012 we will see D+9.
Ohio:
In 2004 the vote was R+5
In 2008 the vote was D+8
CBS/NYTs is reporting that in 2012 we will see D+9
Pennsylvania:
In 2010 the vote was D+3
In 2008 the vote was D+7

So record turnout of dems this November!!  WOW!  I mean, they are so hyped for Obama, Pelosi and Ried that they are going to beat the messiah tour numbers! Now, Ninja, wookie and question may believe that hype but do you, as a rational person, believe that after the last 4 years of stagnation and the massive increase of debt, the dems are even more excited than in  2008 when the messiah was going to lower the ocean levels and make the world love us?  I hope you  are laughing at the subterfuge and over the top obamamania just as I am.  The MSM is is pushing this garbage because the have a vested interest  in keeping Obama in office, afterall, they vetted him by covering up his many negative issues.  They are paying the price with loss of credibility and viewers/readers and will soon lose all credibility.

Edited by Merc14, 27 September 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#95    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,161 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostMerc14, on 27 September 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

Just a few numbers regarding what CBS/NY Times is betting is the turnout on November 6th.

Florida:
In 2004 the vote was R+4.
In 2008 the vote was D+3
Ohio:
In 2004 the vote was R+5
In 2008 the vote was D+8
CBS/NYTs is reporting that in 2012 we will see D+9
Pennsylvania:
In 2010 the vote was D+3
In 2008 the vote was D+7

So record turnout of dems this November!!  WOW!  I mean, they are so hyped for Obama, Pelosi and Ried that they are going to beat the messiah tour numbers! Now, Ninja, wookie and question may believe that hype but do you, as a rational person, believe that after the last 4 years of stagnation and the massive increase of debt, the dems are even more excited than in  2008 when the messiah was going to lower the ocean levels and make the world love us?  I hope you  are laughing at the subterfuge and over the top obamamania just as I am.  The MSM is is pushing this garbage because the have a vested interest  in keeping Obama in office, afterall, they vetted him by covering up his many negative issues.  They are paying the price with loss of credibility and viewers/readers and will soon lose all credibility.

Nobody is hyped about Obama, Pelosi or whatever else, they are turned off by a flip-flopping non-empathical Romney and by a do-nothing Boehner and a bickering Republican party that can't even get the story straight.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#96    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

The real reasons the Romney isn't doing as well as some would like:

1) Many hard core Repubs do not think he is a real conservative.

2) I think this sums it up best:
Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#97    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,377 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 27 September 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

The real reasons the Romney isn't doing as well as some would like:

1) Many hard core Repubs do not think he is a real conservative.

2) I think this sums it up best:
Posted Image

Can't argue with this.  I blame it on a "too professional" staff that out-thinks themselves.   Hios message has been simplified now, I think and hopefully he starts gaining more ground.  Don't forget, however, that we are witnessing the most disgusting display of media bias that I have ever seen.  I thought what they did to Hillary, after Barry hit the scene, was shameful but I don't like Hillary so laughed it off but these scumbags are in overdrive now to get Obama reelected.  It is truly depressing to watch and realize that we no longer have a free press.

MSM has been going downhil for years but 2012 is the "over the cliff" moment.  There is no coming back from this unless the stockholders raise hell and rip the whole facade down and start over.  That is what is most amazing to me, that the boards of directors watch the viewership and pevenue go down year after year yet do nothing to stop the bleeding.  I guess this is a topic in and of itself but I'll wait six weeks to start it after these polls are proeved to be so flawed that even the liberals here would have to admit there is something wrong.

#98    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

The MSM is a joke...and a dirty one at that.  There is no such thing as journalism anymore.  No one just reports the facts.  EVERYTHING is now an editorial opinion...every snip-it of news has to have someone's analysis attached so they can "steer" the viewer/readers opinion and get a predetermined reaction.

Pretty sickening actually.

I miss Walter Cronkite.... :(

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#99    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 27 September 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

The MSM is a joke...and a dirty one at that.  There is no such thing as journalism anymore.  No one just reports the facts.  EVERYTHING is now an editorial opinion...every snip-it of news has to have someone's analysis attached so they can "steer" the viewer/readers opinion and get a predetermined reaction.

Pretty sickening actually.

I miss Walter Cronkite.... :(
The truth is that Walter Conkrite was no different than anyone else...he was a left leaning, liberal, communist sympathiser...the difference was that the Media had a monopoly then, CBS, NBC, ABC.  Things have changed and Rush Limbaugh changed everything.  You should all listen to Rush regularly.  He tells it the way it is.  It isn't that I agree with everything he says...it is more that he agrees with everything I think!  And I know he does because he says it.   How can anyone trust the 'news' from the mainstream media?  And if you can't trust them to report news, then how can you trust their polls.  The problem is that most democrats in the box for Obama refuse to see the mess.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#100    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

View Postninjadude, on 27 September 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Is it possible that we could agree on this statement:  All polls, with the exception of Gallup maybe are biased.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#101    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

View Postjoc, on 28 September 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

The truth is that Walter Conkrite was no different than anyone else...he was a left leaning, liberal, communist sympathiser...the difference was that the Media had a monopoly then, CBS, NBC, ABC.  Things have changed and Rush Limbaugh changed everything.  You should all listen to Rush regularly.  He tells it the way it is.  It isn't that I agree with everything he says...it is more that he agrees with everything I think!  And I know he does because he says it.   How can anyone trust the 'news' from the mainstream media?  And if you can't trust them to report news, then how can you trust their polls.  The problem is that most democrats in the box for Obama refuse to see the mess.

I used to listen to Rush YEARS ago.  I mean like back in the early 90's...before he became a drug addict and lost his damn mind.  I know, he has since recovered, but the brain damage is still evident...and no...I am not kidding.  In the 90's, Rush talked common sense...like Neil Boortz used to.  In the last 15-18 years, these dudes have fallen off the cliff.  Today all they preach is hate and division...and I seriously dislike them for that.  A nation divided cannot stand and these idiots are intentionally causing separation and it is wrong.  I might not agree with someone on every issue, but I do not hate them for their freedom to see things the way they do.

And I disagree.  If you were actually alive and old enough to see Walter Cronkite, you would know he was a true "journalist"...not a left wing t@rd like today's MSNBC, CNN, CRNT, etc.  I refuse to watch any of the biased crap.  I do not watch Faux news, I do not watch the lefties either.  I get my news from multiple online resources that allow me to formulate my own opinion based on the facts.  I do not need a goof like Shultz, Maddow, Blitzer, Hanntiy or O'reilly or Limbaugh to feed an opinion to me.  I have a brain that actually functions (most of the time ;) )

Edited by Jeremiah65, 28 September 2012 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image

#102    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,908 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostMerc14, on 27 September 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

In six weeks we will see who is right and who is wrong.  I have complete confidence in my predictions and am willing to bet you as I have said.  You have a lot of bravado and post absolute BS  with a dose a sanctimony and a pinch of hubris but refuse to bet.  What does that say about you?  I know what I think.

Just to point out... Even Rasmussen shows Obama ahead in the polls : http://www.realclear...obama-1171.html

#103    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,271 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Things are bad, no doubt bout it, and we probably won't see a turn around until 2015 no matter who gets elected. Still voting for Romney.....

Posted Image

#104    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,176 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Postjoc, on 28 September 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

You should all listen to Rush regularly.

You are seriously deluded if you believe that.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#105    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,176 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostStardrive, on 28 September 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Things are bad, no doubt bout it, and we probably won't see a turn around until 2015 no matter who gets elected. Still voting for Romney.....

The manufacturing industry has just turned around for the first time in a decade.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users