Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Answer a Question With A Question

Helen of Annoy

But it’s such a convenient little word, wouldn’t you say it’s like universal damper of sorts?

“I was a bit late” or “I’m a bit perv”, I’d say that’s still fine, if you’re not 20 years late or caught humping a corpse, so wouldn’t overdoing it be over the “you broke your leg a bit” or “grandma died a bit” line?

Edit: Sorry, I'm a bit late, but I was meditating on the issue of "a bit", isn't that obvious?

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

Is it just me, or does anyone else have to read Helen's post 3 times to understand what she's talking about?

• Like 5

Mmm ..... no, I get them first go. But do you also find that they take so long to read that it's past your bedtime by the time you get to the end of them?

• Like 3

How many cupfuls/mugfuls do you drink in a day?

'mugfuls' LOL!

• Like 1

Do you think he's insatiable?

Verbally? Sure he is, but you know what they say about goods that need a lot of advertising?

• Like 1

Aren't we told repeatedly that 'size isn't everything'?

:lol: Sure it isn’t everything, but it is something, unless it’s nothing, and you tell me if advertising can make up for that?
  • Like 1

Are you saying he is in violation of the Trades Descriptions Act?

Of what? Sounds great, but judging by the way people are being swindled daily wouldn’t you say there obviously are no rules or god forfend laws?

• Like 1

That's true, but shouldn't we still make the effort to uphold standards(and Knight of Shadows)?

• Like 1

Don’t you think we’ll have to choose between upholding standards or KoS?

• Like 2

Which would you choose?

Of course not, don’t you know by now nothing truly new ever happens?

:D I switched name plates on office doors today (6 of them, off and back on but on the random door, 4 screws each, that's 48 screws), because I wanted to make a point about essentiality of having a screwdriver in your drawer, does that sound saner?

doesnt the sanity depend of whether all that worked? is it now more apparent that the right thing to do is have a screwdriver in your drawer? or is it better to have one in your pocket ?

are woman attracted to tools in a persons pocket? i personally am not trying to attract woman in the first place ya know? did you think helen was or are you just wondering if YOU can attract woman having a screw driver in your pocket?