Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Arthur Conan Doyle's skyfish tale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    jackball74

jackball74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I don't believe in rods, but it is interesting how some of the creatures resemble the phenomena.

http://www.forgotten...ff3/heights.htm

#2    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Horror of the Heights, great fun. There was a lot more to his bow than just Sherlock Holmes.
I think they sound more like atmospheric Jellyfish, actually, which is one of my favourite theories that could, I think, be the answer to a good many UFO reports. I really think people ought to put in some serious research into this.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#3    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Horror of the Heights, great fun. There was a lot more to his bow than just Sherlock Holmes.
I think they sound more like atmospheric Jellyfish, actually, which is one of my favourite theories that could, I think, be the answer to a good many UFO reports. I really think people ought to put in some serious research into this.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#4    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

not sure what to make of these "rods"

...high speed filming of insects has produced the same effects

[edit]
i skim read the article... (link supplied in post #1)
interesting..
very interesting..

:tu: ..i can see i'll have to look into this once again

Edited by unit, 10 October 2012 - 01:16 AM.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users