Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

logging in

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

When I try to log in on my laptop I get the message "no name entered "Although I have entered both my user name and pass word,I have also tried entering my e-mail address and that doesn't  work .
I have even tried registering another account with the same results.Yet using my desktop I have no problems at all ,I know the simple answer is use the desktop but It is annoying ,I have done an system restore and that didn't cure the problem,have you any idea what  could be wrong?

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,847 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Have you tried using a different browser on your laptop ?

Which browser are you using at the moment ?

#3    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostSaru, on 18 September 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Have you tried using a different browser on your laptop ?

Which browser are you using at the moment ?

I am using firefox on both the laptop and the desktop, I don't like internet explorer,I find it strange that I don't have trouble with the desktop ,

fullywired

p.s
       just changed my browser to Opera and the problem is  solved .thanks for the help

Edited by fullywired, 19 September 2012 - 12:45 PM.

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,847 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

It sounds like you might have had a Firefox plug-in installed that was interfering with the process, also make sure your Firefox is up to date.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,021 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Maybe your desktop has Oracle Java installed and your laptop doesn't, or vice-versa.  (just a thought)

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,847 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

There's nothing on the site that needs Java so it wouldn't be anything to do with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users