Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Papyrus refers to Jesus' wife

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#61    dj_nubla

dj_nubla

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Isn't it ironic that it clearly says on the papyrus Jesus was considering a female disciple AND the painting of Leonardo Da Vinci showed a disciple resembling a woman. It's obvious Leonardo had documents or proofs during the time of Jesus. Documents that are not supposed to be shown in public because it will definitely change the future of mankind

#62    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

da Vinci also painter oranges into the scene when they still had yet to be introduced and imported.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit, 20 September 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#63    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I go by two accounts, the gospels of the Bible, which mention nothing of Jesus being married, and of the physic Cayce who said Jesus was of the  Essenes, who do not marry. He also said Mary Magdalene was the women prostitute Jesus saved from stoning, a sister to lazarus, who he then help heal from the brink of death, as lazarus suffered from thyroid fever.

#64    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

And who was Leonardo Da Vinic of  April 15, 1452 – May 2, 1519?  A gay painter, like he really knew Jesus`s life!

#65    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 20 September 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

da Vinci also painter oranges into the scene when they still had yet to be introduced and imported.

Not sure about Israel, but the Persians already had oranges in the 11th century.

Meaning: they were present in the Middle East long before Da Vinci even lived.

But no, most probably there were no oranges in the Middle East in Jesus' time.

Edited by Abramelin, 20 September 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#66    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 September 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

But no, most probably there were no oranges in the Middle East in Jesus' time.

I think this too.

#67    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

But there were women and the Gnostic Apostle Philip said this: http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

"There were three who always walked with the Lord: Mary, his mother, and her sister, and Magdalene, the one who was called his companion. His sister and his mother and his companion were each a Mary..."

A female companion back in the day meant "wife".  You didn't pal around with your prostitute in those days.  You had your way with her and made a quick getaway before the priests saw you.  If he had a female companion, there was no other choice.  it was his wife.

And Mary Magdalene's ancient texts say this:

"Peter said to Mary, "Sister, we know that the Saviour loved you more than the rest of women. Tell us the words of the Saviour which you remember - which you know (but) we do not, nor have we heard them." Mary answered and said, "What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you." And she began to speak to them these words: "I," she said, "I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to him, 'Lord, I saw you today in a vision.' He answered and said to me, 'Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of me. For where the mind is, there is the treasure.' I said to him, 'Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it through the soul or through the spirit?' The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'
(the mid-section of the original text is missing) ...etc.

When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Saviour had spoken with her. But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, "Say what you (wish to) say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Saviour said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas." Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things. He questioned them about the Saviour: "Did He really speak with a woman without our knowledge (and) not openly? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?"
Then Mary wept and said to Peter, "My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Saviour? Levi answered and said to Peter, "Peter, you have always been hot - tempered. Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries. But if the Saviour made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Saviour knows her very well. That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamed and put on the perfect man and acquire him for ourselves as He commanded us, and preach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Saviour said." ... and they began to go forth [to] proclaim and to preach." http://www.pbs.org/w...imary/mary.html

#68    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Mark 16-9 Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Wife, I don`nt think so:):)

#69    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

John Mark of the Q text  was Jesus`s consin and the beloved at the cross. Jesus asked him to take care of his mother, for only family took relatives  in.

#70    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

there is a passage in the bible that talks about the incident of the crucifixion and resurrection at the cross.  There is a contradiction.  At one point the bible says "there were only three at the cross" [the three Marys whom Philip said were Jesus's constant female companions.  Then suddenly the bible quotes one of the three saying: "and the beloved disciple John said,"..." [at the cross, where only the three women and the crucified Jesus were].  I forget the passage but I think I have the link save on my other PC.  When I find it I will post it here.  Most scholars point to this passage as proof that the Vatican subsituted a male name for the true beloved disciple Mary Magdalene as "John".  Other proof citied for this is the complete lack of a familiy lineage named for "John", while all the other disciples get the full treatment of "son of ....grandson of...nephew of....of the house of..... etc."

#71    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

John- 19 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own [home].

( son) (his )That  was John Mark ,Jesus`s consin who wrote the frist letter about Jesus.

#72    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

When Mary Magdalene discovers the empty tomb, she runs to tell the Beloved Disciple and Peter

http://www.biblegate...10;&version=ESV;

#73    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them

http://www.biblegate...-10&version=KJV

Edited by docyabut2, 20 September 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#74    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,400 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

:huh: :blink: :o Jesus was a married man! Could be unraveling evidence, but will not change everyone's religious beliefs on the life of Jesus Christ when he walked on earth. I heard of rumors by some historians and religious scholars on the chances Jesus had a wife not recorded in the Bible (New Testament). Does the papyrus mention he had any children...no, there has been speculation Jesus fathered a child or some children from one up to three wives. We're told Jesus practiced celibacy in his life not to marry nor procreate as the "son of God", then again other interpretations of Jesus' worldly life conflicts with what the traditional Christian view of Jesus as a celibate man solely worked for God's graciousness.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#75    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 20 September 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

John- 19 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother!
And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own [home].

( son) (his )That  was John Mark ,Jesus`s consin who wrote the frist letter about Jesus.

What if Jesus was talking to his wife, telling her to behold THEIR son, and also told His son to behold his mother ?

Wouldnt that be a turn up for the book's.......

I am NOT stating that is what it is, just one possibility, that not a lot of people have thought of (as far as I am aware)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users