Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unsealed: Alien Files - New TV show

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Get ready to set your dvr:

The show, titled Unsealed: Alien Files, “investigates recently released documents regarding alien and UFO encounters, made accessible to the public in 2011 by the Freedom of Information Act.” The show’s website explains, “Each week, Unsealed: Alien Files tackles one compelling alien case by opening these previously off-limits secret files. Based on the newly discovered information the show re-examines key evidence and follows developing leads.”

A companion show, Unsealed: Conspiracy Files, will air immediately following Unsealed: Alien Files.

These shows will feature several “experts” including Jim Penniston, John Burroughs, Jason Martell, John Greenewald, Jr., and Lee Speigel.

To see when it airs in your local area, check here: http://www.unsealeda...isodes/schedule
but mostly, it's on very late at night.

Hopefully, it won't be the disaster that Chasing UFOs was, but it could also be incredibly boring. Fingers crossed for some interesting viewing.

Edited by archernyc, 20 September 2012 - 03:31 PM.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Fake!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 20 September 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Fake!
Frustrated, aren't yea...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Not in the slightest.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

This is awesome - Finaly we will get the answers we are all looking for.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 20 September 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Not in the slightest.
Good to hear.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#7    Amerix

Amerix

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

There's not going to be anything of any significance on the show.  Probably recycled stuff we already know.

#8    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostHazzard, on 20 September 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

LOL, most likely not but we can certainly make fun of it! Who knows, maybe something new will turn up or something that we've never heard about before that will be interesting.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#9    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

What surprises me is this was picked up by a major Primetime TV network. I was guessing SyFy, History, Discovery (The normal channels that deal with this type of subject matter). Seeing it come on a PrimeTime network is interesting. However, it does explain why it is on so late, midnight airtime in my area.

Oh and when does it begin to air? I only see times, not dates...

Edited by ColoradoParanormal, 21 September 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#10    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 21 September 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

What surprises me is this was picked up by a major Primetime TV network. I was guessing SyFy, History, Discovery (The normal channels that deal with this type of subject matter). Seeing it come on a PrimeTime network is interesting. However, it does explain why it is on so late, midnight airtime in my area.

Oh and when does it begin to air? I only see times, not dates...

If you look at the link for the schedule, it shows the day. For instance, in the NY area, it's on this Sunday at 1:30 am (i.e., Sunday/Monday) on Ch. 11. It's only a 30 minute show, which means it's only 20 minutes on dvr. Hmmmm.

I've already set up my dvr to catch it. If any of you watch it, let me know what you think.

Edited by archernyc, 21 September 2012 - 06:34 PM.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#11    Harry Belil

Harry Belil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for posting this as I would have missed it because it's on Channel 11 and I don't watch anything on Channels 2 through 11 as they never have anything of interest including the news and drama/sitcoms.  I always look at the onscreen tv guide beginning with Ch. 13.

Based on what the blurbs promise I "know" that everything that is going to be presented is going to be mostly b.s. due to the lack of evidence to support the premises.  On "Doomsday" no one has ever seen any signs of doomsday and especially no one can prophecy.  So the operating word will be good ol' "speculation" and not worth the airtime.

On the "Alien Encyclopedia", again, it doesn't exist and will turn out to be the same ol' bs that's offered by those not really in know and even those in the know have nothing to offer that hasn't been offered already and, again, tireld ol' documents that have no meaning for anyone except conspiracists.

Notice that both blurbs end with (Sci-fi) and not "Reality" or "Historical".  Sci-fi will get you fiction and not necessarily scientific for real scientists don't involve themselves with this kind of useless activities.

Here are the blurbs for the NYC showings on Monday 1:00 am on PIX Channel 11:

[New. Series Premiere. Doomsday: There have been doomsday signs and prophecies for centuries, and humans' time on this planet may be nearly over. (Sci-fi) 30 min.

New. Series Premiere. Alien Encyclopedia: A mysterious book outlines decades of cooperation between the U.S. military and alien forces on Earth, as well as a massive government cover-up to hide the visitors from the world. (Sci-fi) 30 min.]

Edited by Harry Belil, 22 September 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#12    Harry Belil

Harry Belil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

oops!

Edited by Harry Belil, 22 September 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#13    Harry Belil

Harry Belil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostHazzard, on 20 September 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

You have high hopes.  Get ready to be disappointed as no one has any answers to any unasked questions.

#14    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

View PostHarry Belil, on 22 September 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

You have high hopes.  Get ready to be disappointed as no one has any answers to any unasked questions.

Don't worry, Hazzard was being sarcastic. :unsure2:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#15    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hopefully it brings something fresh to the subject.
I'd like to see anything that excludes Nick Pope, Steven Greer, Richard Hoagland and the rest of the storytellers.

Give us facts, without the hype, and without the speculation and conjecture disguised as evidence.
No more garbage, we're all tired of it. :sleepy:

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users