Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The exorcism of Anneliese Michel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Francisco de Goya</strong>
Image credit: Francisco de Goya
Taylor Reints: Anneliese Michel is the woman whom inspired the plots of The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Requiem and Anneliese: The Exorcist Tapes, and they are all based on a true story (somewhat). Anneliese was a Catholic supposedly possessed by demons. She consequently underwent an exorcism, a practice casting out demons from a person whom is believed to be possessed. But was she really possessed? Today, many think that Anneliese Michel was not possessed by demons, rather she "possessed" mental disorders. Furthermore, the exorcism was bathed in negligence, abuse and religious extremism.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hmm Interesting .. It Is Dificult To Decide What Really Happened There .. IMO All Possessions Are Products Of The Mind And Mental Disorders, But Who Knows If Among Those There Are A Couple Of Cases Which Do Not Fall Into That Category ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#3    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I was just reading a more recent article not about possession but about the child who died because his parents tried to pray away an appendicitis...so sad, but freedom has many costs I guess.  Me, I'm hittin the ER cause if I were to believe (but I don't) than I would look at it as god created doctors.

What could possibly go wrong?

#4    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostIdano, on 21 September 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

I was just reading a more recent article not about possession but about the child who died because his parents tried to pray away an appendicitis...so sad, but freedom has many costs I guess.  Me, I'm hittin the ER cause if I were to believe (but I don't) than I would look at it as god created doctors.

I heard about poor Zachary. Truly a shame that a cult drowning in religious hysteria has more influence over the care of the child than common sense.

Edited by Taylor Reints, 21 September 2012 - 11:40 PM.

Posted Image

#5    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

The only thing they managed to exorcise was her sanity.

Posted Image

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,427 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've seen some old footage of her, tied to a bed, dark dark circles under her eye's talking with the voice of a death metal singer.  Really sad.

#7    Emin

Emin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Yeah i read up on this exorcism long ago in a way it intrigued me to know that a person could actually die from a so called "possession". Personally i just wondered what it must have been or felt like inside her mind to spiral down into a broken spirit of a human being just completely far gone. This rarely happens but the fact that it did to her makes me wonder how it is people can rely solely on faith alone to solve a psychological problem. The mistakes that people make in judgment and choice are far too many.

I am an Emin of truth!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users