Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iran official: 'Big war' means Mahdi's coming

mahdis coming iran official

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 21 September 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Please explain where in the Koran it clearly identifies Assad. I find that a classic example of what I have been talking about - pattern recognition of the most desperate kind.

Tragic.

Br Cornelius

The Quran doesnt say Assad it only says the leader of Syria.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 21 September 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#17    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

View Postand then, on 21 September 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Those who disbelieve can be guilty of the same, can they not?
They can of course - but what you will never be able to provide is clear unambigious statements of actual events taking place at this time.
The secret of the fortune teller is to be just vague enough to allow for a wide range of interpretations and then leaving it to the believer to embellish the details. The Bible is using essentially exactly the same deceptive techniques.
Give me a clear statement that a flying machine would strike a tower within a decade either side of the twin towers attack - and I would accept that as a believable prophecy. Pulling random tyrants out of a hat to attempt a match to the anti-christ has been attempted since the dawn of Christianity - Napoleon was always a favourite candidate, closely followed by Hitler. The song remains the same - but the faces keep on changing.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#18    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 21 September 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

The Quran doesnt say Assad it only says the leader of Syria.
Again, please show me the quote or at least your source.
As far as I was aware Syria wasn't even a country in the Koranic times.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,886 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 21 September 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

They can of course - but what you will never be able to provide is clear unambigious statements of actual events taking place at this time.
The secret of the fortune teller is to be just vague enough to allow for a wide range of interpretations and then leaving it to the believer to embellish the details. The Bible is using essentially exactly the same deceptive techniques.
Give me a clear statement that a flying machine would strike a tower within a decade either side of the twin towers attack - and I would accept that as a believable prophecy. Pulling random tyrants out of a hat to attempt a match to the anti-christ has been attempted since the dawn of Christianity - Napoleon was always a favourite candidate, closely followed by Hitler. The song remains the same - but the faces keep on changing.

Br Cornelius
As I said in an earlier post, Brutha, disbelievers will reject any evidence.  If that were not the case then an army being raised to actually attack Christ at His second coming would be impossible.  Convincing such people isn't a priority of mine.  I don't rejoice in their fate but I don't weep over much for them either.  We all have a choice.  Have a nice day  :)

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#20    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,358 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ayatollahs of the world unite!

Why is it that these Torah, Bible, Koranthumpers all spew the same boolkrappy?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#21    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 September 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Ayatollahs of the world unite!

Why is it that these Torah, Bible, Koranthumpers all spew the same boolkrappy?
Every myth needs a nice tidy end. its the nature of story telling.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#22    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostKarlis, on 21 September 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Apart from extremist Iranians, there are extremist Christians who who feel it is their duty to bring forward "the end days". It's a no-win situation.

View Postand then, on 21 September 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

I realize these are out there but I have never met one, to my knowledge.  I personally consider it a blasphemy for man to think he can "force" God's hand on anything.  The numbers and kinds of signs active today cannot easily be dismissed except by those who would never believe anyway. JMO

Here was me thinking you were one...

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 21 September 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#23    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

The issue isnt only those who try to force these things to happen. The issue is also those who do nothing to prevent these things from happening because they believe its ordained to happen.

The second bit would better describe "and then", which are just as dangerous in their own way.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#24    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

View Postand then, on 21 September 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

As I said in an earlier post, Brutha, disbelievers will reject any evidence.  If that were not the case then an army being raised to actually attack Christ at His second coming would be impossible.  Convincing such people isn't a priority of mine.  I don't rejoice in their fate but I don't weep over much for them either.  We all have a choice.  Have a nice day  :)

I think BR was asking for unambiguous evidence, not a misdirection. I try my best to keep an open mind, but it's hard to settle into a belief when there are so many interpretations of one book .

Posted Image

~MEH~

#25    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,685 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Iím envisioning a South Park cartoon where Issa appears and the Mahdi appears and they query each other ďwhat are you doing here?!Ē  Iím here for my people!  No, you canít because Iím here for my people!  You lie!  Apostate! Ö I can see it bouncing back and forth then a little pushing leading to a brawl.  And then Kenny gets killed.  But actually, what if Jesus and the 12th Imam are one in the same?  How will that affect the final battle?

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#26    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,712 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 21 September 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

I hope the new Messiah does turn up and is absolutely pissed off at the childishness and abuse of Allah's name and message by the Iranians and other world Muslims.

kind of like how I hope Jesus when/if he returns he's totally and utterly appaled at what's done in his name.

If that were to happen any time soon, **** would definitely hit the fan. JC didn't play with the money changers, they were nothing compared to some of the things that have gone on since then.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 21 September 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#27    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,685 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Itís clear that the Islamic mindset set seems to believe that the end times is near.  These riots in the Muslim world are probably being sustained on this belief.  It may have started on a poor excuse for a bad movie but thatís what Islam does.  Look for excuses as a rule.  So it probably would behoove Israel to do all it can to prevent a battle in the Jezreel Valley.  Which means a pre-emptive strike.  One has to wonder if Obama got the op in a daily brief?

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#28    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostKarlis, on 21 September 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

by Reza Kahlili -- served in CIA Directorate of Operations, as a spy in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, counterterrorism expert; currently serves on the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, an advisory board authorized by Congress. He is the author of the award winning book "A Time to Betray" and regularly appears in national and international media as an expert on Iran and counterterrorism in the Middle East.

For the first time, Iran’s highest-ranking military official has tied the reappearance of the last Islamic messiah to the regime being prepared to go to a war based on ideology.
Read more

You know, this is when things get scary. Wars over politics or natural resources can be reasoned out of. Wars based on theology... well, there is no reason to them and talk won't avert them.

And, from the view of someone on the outside looking in at Iran, the leaders seem to be willing participants in believing that. If they were just saying this as a way of getting the populace on their side, that would be one thing - they could still be talked to. But they seem to actually believe what they are saying in this direction which makes them much more dangerous since they aren't going to respond to diplomacy.

I don't think that the US can engage in another long term war (Or even short term to be honest). We might have the capability but I don't think we have the will right now. It'll be another generation before we have the will to do anything like a major war again. So that leaves Israel... And Israel is about as nutty as Iran is to be honest.

I have to wonder what happens if something happens in the middle east like that. If the US and Russia and China stay out of it, it might only flare up for a short while. But if the big guys get involved there is no telling what might happen. Especially when there are other dangerous feuds in the area that might flare up (Beyond terrorism, it has to be pointed out - India and Pakistan are not too far removed from Iran and they have long standing arguments between them as well as nukes... Destabilization in the region may make one of them decide to take advantage of it).

#29    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,886 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostWookietim, on 21 September 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

You know, this is when things get scary. Wars over politics or natural resources can be reasoned out of. Wars based on theology... well, there is no reason to them and talk won't avert them.

And, from the view of someone on the outside looking in at Iran, the leaders seem to be willing participants in believing that. If they were just saying this as a way of getting the populace on their side, that would be one thing - they could still be talked to. But they seem to actually believe what they are saying in this direction which makes them much more dangerous since they aren't going to respond to diplomacy.

I don't think that the US can engage in another long term war (Or even short term to be honest). We might have the capability but I don't think we have the will right now. It'll be another generation before we have the will to do anything like a major war again. So that leaves Israel... And Israel is about as nutty as Iran is to be honest.

I have to wonder what happens if something happens in the middle east like that. If the US and Russia and China stay out of it, it might only flare up for a short while. But if the big guys get involved there is no telling what might happen. Especially when there are other dangerous feuds in the area that might flare up (Beyond terrorism, it has to be pointed out - India and Pakistan are not too far removed from Iran and they have long standing arguments between them as well as nukes... Destabilization in the region may make one of them decide to take advantage of it).
We may not have a choice.  But the fact remains that even if we do become involved in this, it won't be necessary to put more than a few hundred boots on the ground and then only for a short while.  No one has ever said there was an interest in invading Iran.  Damaging infrastructure can be done exclusively from the air.  I'm sure there will be a howling chorus over that comment but it's true.  The war will take place in Israel and with her neighbors I believe.  Terror attacks will increase - including here in the US.  But that could very well backfire on the mullahs if they take it too far.  No one is going to get nuked over this.  Israel would never use them except in a situation where massive civilian deaths were occurring.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#30    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postand then, on 21 September 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

We may not have a choice.  But the fact remains that even if we do become involved in this, it won't be necessary to put more than a few hundred boots on the ground and then only for a short while.  No one has ever said there was an interest in invading Iran.  Damaging infrastructure can be done exclusively from the air.  I'm sure there will be a howling chorus over that comment but it's true.  The war will take place in Israel and with her neighbors I believe.  Terror attacks will increase - including here in the US.  But that could very well backfire on the mullahs if they take it too far.  No one is going to get nuked over this.  Israel would never use them except in a situation where massive civilian deaths were occurring.

Damaging infrastructure only works to a certain extent.

Let's face it - the US military is a blunt weapon. I know we have all heard of "Surgical strikes" but the truth of the matter is that the surgeon that practices that particular surgery is apparently blind and unskilled... And air strikes only work when there is some form of resistance on the ground supporting it.

If we really wanted to deal with Iran I have no doubt it could be done. The US, even in the state we are, is a super power unheard of in the history of the world. Our military is still the preeminent power in the world. Simply put, we can do as we please if that is what we want to do... there is nobody out there that really could stand in our way if we really decided to put the full power of the US military into it. And that would certainly stop Iran in it's tracks - probably within days.

But the problem is that doing that requires a full commitment. And this country just saw what a full commitment means - and I am not talking the long term nature here. Personally I was sickened when I saw footage of the "Shock and Awe" campaign that was launched. I think a lot of people were too. I saw people's lives being destroyed for generations to come while that was going on... but that is what the US military can do (And it is capable of even more than that) and how it is most effectively used.

But I never want to see the US military used in that way again because it ends up destroying large swathes of humanity...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users