Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Secrets To Be Revealed This Weekend

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostHasina, on 01 October 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

If this guys 'stunning revelation' were a man, he'd lose more women after a night in bed then Rob Schneider. What I mean is, it's left me stunningly unsatisfied but I should have known better.

I'm not saying I disagree with the sentiment of your comment but you do realise you have revealed how your mind works!

Posted Image

#122    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 October 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

For us perhaps, but maybe not for them.  At some point, actually coming to a place might be cheaper and faster than sending a message, unless we assume that it might be possible to communicate over vast distances just by the power of conscious thought.

Like the majority on this subject, i don't think you quite grasp the distances involved. But i'll leave it there before you start talking about wormholes & folding space.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 01 October 2012 - 08:33 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#123    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 01 October 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

More about why there was no big reveal:

More here: http://www.theufochr...thheld-air.html

Thanks for that archernyc! :tu:

It may well be speculative conjecture, but if true would go a long way towards explaining Bill Coleman's 'no-show' on the " Blockbusting Revelation" that he promised before the event!

But then....a bit of a limp excuse really,...Am I being a tad too cynical by wondering if perhaps he is taking care of his loved ones inheritance , via a 'revelatory post mortem book release ...? :blush:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#124    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 01 October 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Like the majority on this subject, i don't think you quite grasp the distances involved. But i'll leave it there before you start talking about wormholes & folding space.

About 500-600 light years in the case of Orion.  I do know what the distances are, and that they must surely be impossible for us with our very limited technology, since we have great difficulty even getting to the moon or Mars.

That only means they are impossible for us, not a civilization that may be far older and more advanced.  They could very well be "all over the place" by now, to answer the often misstated Fermi Paradox.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 01 October 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#125    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 October 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

About 500-600 light years in the case of Orion.  I do know what the distances are, and that they must surely be impossible for us with our very limited technology, since we have great difficulty even getting to the moon or Mars.

That only means they are impossible for us, not a civilization that may be far older and more advanced.  They could very well be "all over the place" by now, to answer the often misstated Fermi Paradox.

I take it that you know what happens to sub-atomic particles when accelerated to approaching speed of light & which we still haven't achieved?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#126    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,442 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 01 October 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

I take it that you know what happens to sub-atomic particles when accelerated to approaching speed of light & which we still haven't achieved?
I take it that you dont because Protons are accelerated to 0.999999991 c at the Large Hadron Collider

#127    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,231 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

People in general just never consider that it is likely not only distance which separates us from other life in the universe, but also time.  Even on our own planet there are more extinct species than currently exist.  To our knowlege there has only been one intelligent species capable of tools and civilization on our planet so the vast, vast, vast majority of life has been uninteligent.  If we do ever make it to another planet that contains life (unlikely sorry to say) it will propbably be uninteligent.

If there are aliens visiting the earth prove it.

#128    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 01 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

I take it that you dont because Protons are accelerated to 0.999999991 c at the Large Hadron Collider

As I said, 'which we still haven't achieved.' .....keep up.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 01 October 2012 - 10:28 PM.

― Groucho Marx

#129    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 October 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Approximately 1500 light years away. So assuming Keithisco's  0.9999999991 is achieved on a 'space craft' (let alone a single sub atomic particle) then they would have to travel some 1500 years. Do you think the human race will last another 1500 years?
And that as you say is a near neighbor.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 01 October 2012 - 10:48 PM.

― Groucho Marx

#130    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Approximately 1500 light years away. So assuming Keithisco's  0.9999999991 is achieved on a 'space craft' (let alone a single sub atomic particle) then they would have to travel some 1500 years. Do you think the human race will last another 1500 years?

This website says that the stars in Orion are very numerous and that they range from 243 to 1,300 light years away.  For some reason, I had it mind that some stars in Orion about 500-600 light years away were particularly significant.  

http://www.google.co...7WX5WXaltZYdLDA

In 1,500 years, my best guess is that we will still exist--in a way--but perhaps not in the same form we have now, and that we will also be "out there" in a major way, with machines and constructions in space that would be very hard for us to describe or imagine today.  We are going to be part of all of that.  

It's just my opinion, of course, that we will no longer be as we are now.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 01 October 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#131    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostOverSword, on 01 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

People in general just never consider that it is likely not only distance which separates us from other life in the universe, but also time.  Even on our own planet there are more extinct species than currently exist.  To our knowlege there has only been one intelligent species capable of tools and civilization on our planet so the vast, vast, vast majority of life has been uninteligent.  If we do ever make it to another planet that contains life (unlikely sorry to say) it will propbably be uninteligent.

If there are aliens visiting the earth prove it.

If the military had ever released this film of the Holloman landing, and the aliens that were allegedly from somewhere in Orion, you would have had your answer long ago.

Posted Image

Or even this one that supposedly happened in 1955.

Posted Image

#132    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

And that as you say is a near neighbor.

Does anyone consider the possibility that an ancient civilization with advanced technology would have migrated  through space for thousands upon thousands of years and that is point of origin not where they are really coming from now?

#133    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 01 October 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Does anyone consider the possibility that an ancient civilization with advanced technology would have migrated  through space for thousands upon thousands of years and that is point of origin not where they are really coming from now?

That would be 'Battlestar Galactica' presumably.

― Groucho Marx

#134    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,231 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 October 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

If the military had ever released this film of the Holloman landing, and the aliens that were allegedly from somewhere in Orion, you would have had your answer long ago.

Posted Image

Or even this one that supposedly happened in 1955.

Posted Image
Yeah.  That's a real pretty picture.  Not quite as convincing as Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind or ET.  You understand this is less that proof right?  If you think about it using logic based upon provable facts instead of wishful thinking, heresay and unprovable physics you can't help but come to the conclussion that we are most likely not being visited by ET's.

#135    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostOverSword, on 02 October 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Yeah.  That's a real pretty picture.  Not quite as convincing as Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind or ET.  You understand this is less that proof right?  If you think about it using logic based upon provable facts instead of wishful thinking, heresay and unprovable physics you can't help but come to the conclussion that we are most likely not being visited by ET's.

I came to the exact opposite conclusion long ago, and I have very good reasons for it.  In any case, the film of the landings at Holloman was real and was almost disclosed officially to Robert Emenegger when he was making his famous documentary about UFOs,  

This is one of those landing events that was anything but wishful thinking and science fiction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users