Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Secrets To Be Revealed This Weekend

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#76    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 24 September 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Well on the topic of what is called the Russian Roswell...I always though it was the Kapustin Yar case. Seems like lots of cases are called the Russian Roswell. But I like the Kapustin Yar case, so i'll stick with that one! :D

Lol....you do that..

Don't know which one I'm going to stick with.....didn't realise we had such a choice...... ^_^

#77    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

A more thorough internet search this morning, a day and a half after the UFO panel at the National Atomic Testing Museum, still revealed nothing written after the fact. There were only numerous reports beforehand, predicting that UFO secrets would be revealed. I'd at least have thought that someone in the Las Vegas area would have attended, and published some remark on the internet.
     Incidentally, the NATM website has quotation marks around the word genuine in reference to the supposed UFO fragment from Russia. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of its authenticity.

Edited by bison, 24 September 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#78    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,533 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

1963, Hello mate! I can't quote posts, type long replies or links, as I'm using my phone in a traffic jam at the moment. You want the 1948 case though, if you have no joy I'll dig some links out later for you when I get home. :tu:

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#79    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 21 September 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

http://www.huffingto..._ref=weird-news

5 retired military men,from both the USA and the UK ,are joining forces this weekend in WashingtonDC. ,to discuss ufos .
One has hinted he will reveal startling information .

We shall see.
Can u keep us updated if it's not a big deal? I simply won't memorise this and i want to see what's he got to say :)

Edited by BorisIWantToKnow, 24 September 2012 - 02:36 PM.

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#80    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,978 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

View Post1963, on 24 September 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

[...]The artifact that is referred to in the Atomic Testing Museum in the video is actually 'alleged' to be from a a crashed UFO that supposedly smashed into a mountain near a Russian town named Dalnegorsk in 1986.....
[...]
Good chance it was Soyuz-U's (launched from Baykonur in Jan 28, 1986) 3rd stage (usually those fell down in Pacific). Some sources put crash date on 29, many others say January 28th.

Edit spelling

Edited by bmk1245, 24 September 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#81    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Finally just posted on HuffPost:

"I've heard many people say that it's time for the government to appoint an agency to investigate," Halt said.
"Folks, there is an agency, a very close-held, compartmentalized agency that's been investigating this for years, and there's a very active role played by many of our intelligence agencies that probably don't even know the details of what happens once they collect the data and forward it. It's kind of scary, isn't it?
"In the last couple of years, the British have released a ton of information, but has anybody ever seen what their conclusions were or heard anything about Bentwaters officially? When the documents were released, the timeframe when I was involved in the incident is missing -- it's gone missing. Nothing else is missing," he said.
Halt added that he's never been harassed over the reports he made about the Bentwaters UFO incidents.
"Probably for a couple of good reasons. Number one, my rank and some of the jobs I've held, but also very early on, I sat down and made a very detailed tape and made several copies of everything I know about it and they're secluded away. Maybe I'm paranoid. I don't know, but I think it was time well spent when I made the tapes."

The above is still conjecture.

Making a rare public appearance was retired Air Force Col. Bill Coleman, the former chief spokesman for Project Blue Book between 1961 and 1963.

Coleman concluded his part of the lecture by offering a possible reason why ETs may be hesitant to visit Earth:
"If an alien were to land here, our common cold could kill him. His common cold could wipe out the population of planet Earth. If they're smart enough to build a vehicle that could travel light-years of time, they'd be smart enough to know that our diseases could wipe out people."

A bit of a bummer that there's nothing new, but not really surprising.

http://www.huffingto...?utm_hp_ref=ufo

Edited by archernyc, 24 September 2012 - 07:48 PM.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#82    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,095 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 24 September 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

1963, Hello mate! I can't quote posts, type long replies or links, as I'm using my phone in a traffic jam at the moment. You want the 1948 case though, if you have no joy I'll dig some links out later for you when I get home. :tu:

Hi Sky and thanks for the pointer buddy. :tu:  .

I found the story that you were referring to ,..and indeed it is also known as "The Russian Roswell", and finding it reminded me that I had already heard about this case from one of Karl 12's brilliant threads!...but being the sieve-brained chap that I am, it had completely left my mind. [as so many others have!.lol]
And of course, just like all of the other alleged UFO crash and retrievals ..., it is a ripping good yarn!
But alas, no real proof!...again just like all the others.

But when looking for that one ,I came across this other Russian UFO incident that resulted in a smashed-up saucer being retrieved and secreted at KY , this time not only as a 'Treasure Find', but also as a 'Battle Trophy'!

....Believable or not...imo , it's a mighty interesting tale!...

One of its latest report was from 1990, when witnesses close to Kapustin Yar Described UFOs in the sky for over an hour. The new freedoms in Russia enabled the producers ofUFO Files to Obtain 'top secret footage of a supposed UFO at Kapustin Yar . On June 3rd, 1960, two alien craft allegedly crashed at Kasputin Yar, creating at expanding fireball that Caused explosion in the vicinity for over an hour. Figures are seen running from the conflagration, smoke pouring from their clothing. One drops to the ground and lies motionless. One of the UFOs was said to have destroyed three rockets on their launch pads, while the other took out a fuel depot. Once the flames had been doused, the remains of the craft were sent to Zhitkur. To be honest, to suggest that what was shown in the footage was a UFO is stretching credulity somewhat. All we saw was a big fire. It could have been anything, but the story Persists and Stanton Friedman said that he had heard those same rumors about UFOs destroying Soviet rockets in on act of retaliation. .

http://www.rolfwaebe...well/index.html

have you heard of this before, and what do you think?

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

#83    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,095 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 24 September 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Good chance it was Soyuz-U's (launched from Baykonur in Jan 28, 1986) 3rd stage (usually those fell down in Pacific). Some sources put crash date on 29, many others say January 28th.

Edit spelling

Seems like that could be a good shout bmk. :tu: ....But what about the analysis that is claimed for the 'artifact' wouldn't a Russian rocket  be easy to identify?...Or are you saying that the AT museum [part of the Smithsonian]  would be happy to turn a blind eye to 'dodgy-scientific-analysis' ..?

Cheers.

Edited by 1963, 24 September 2012 - 08:15 PM.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

#84    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

There must be something to these UFO's because why else would a government have a alien invasion defense plan.

There are plans for all types of hypothetical attacks.  These sorts of scenarios are not designed to rappel an actual alien invasion (any invasion would first be met with orbital bombardment anyway, if the aliens were smart, to destroy our ability to make war), they are designed for new officers right out of their trade/leadership courses, to see how creatively they would use the asetts at their disposal, in the face of an unknown threat.  It gets the creative juices flowing, and helps young officers out a lot in military planning.

Giving them a scenario with the Russians storming eastern Europe doesn't do them any good.  There's miles and miles of doctrine already written for such a scenario.  They want these young guys to be creative.

#85    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,978 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Post1963, on 24 September 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Seems like that could be a good shout bmk. :tu: ....[...]
Not quite, in all fairness, cause crash site is a little bit away from ~70 deg orbit inclination access, nevertheless its not clear how "far off" 3rd stage can get "boost" and  fly after separation:

The third stage engine outgoing gases directly separate this stage from the core section. The third stage engine burn lasts approximately 230 sec. After engine shutdown and spacecraft (or fourth stage/spacecraft) separation, the fuel tank valve opens and the third stage performs a break-off maneuver.
(link)
J.Oberg probably can get more info about that.

[...].But what about the analysis that is claimed for the 'artifact' wouldn't a Russian rocket  be easy to identify?[...]
Thats what they are - claims, and from source to source they differ quite wildly.

[...] Or are you saying that the AT museum [part of the Smithsonian]  would be happy to turn a blind eye to 'dodgy-scientific-analysis' ..?
[...]
Here is the quote from their website:

Our new exhibit will reveal all the myths, presenting existing evidence, and let you decide. Fun, educational, entertaining and interactive. Area 51: Myth or Reality opens in March of 2012.
(link, note two bolded words)

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#86    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,095 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 24 September 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Thats what they are - claims, and from source to source they differ quite wildly.

Here is the quote from their website:

(link, note two bolded words)

Hi bmk.
The quote from the link concerns the over-all 'Area 51 Exhibit' , which as long been "Mythos and Fun" to all but the ardent believers in Area 51 being a UFO back-engineering site ,and not aimed solely at the artifact. So hardly an admission of intentional-fakery in my opinion.

The juice on the actual analysis is proving a little elusive for a amateur researcher such as I bmk, but I ask your opinion of this description that accompanies the exibit...

"According to the exhibit's description, scientific tests on the UFO materials revealed bizarre behavior: "Three Soviet academic centers and 11 research institutes analyzed the objects from this UFO crash. The distance between atoms is different from ordinary iron. Radar cannot be reflected from the material. Elements in the material may disappear and new ones appear after heating. One piece disappeared completely in front of four witnesses. The core of the material is composed of a substance with anti-gravitational properties."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1373352.html

...and finally, here is a brilliantly presented case for the artifact's authenticity presented over at ATS by internos way back in 2008!

http://www.abovetops...hread377661/pg1

Cheers.

#87    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,978 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Post1963, on 24 September 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Hi bmk.
The quote from the link concerns the over-all 'Area 51 Exhibit' , which as long been "Mythos and Fun" to all but the ardent believers in Area 51 being a UFO back-engineering site ,and not aimed solely at the artifact. So hardly an admission of intentional-fakery in my opinion.
[...]
I don't know who designed (was/were hired for) that expo, and what were their reasons to display this particular "artifact", but don't you think that such "amazing piece of technology" would've rather found place in numerous labs, instead of sitting in some amusement expo?

View Post1963, on 24 September 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

[...]
The juice on the actual analysis is proving a little elusive for a amateur researcher such as I bmk, but I ask your opinion of this description that accompanies the exibit...

"According to the exhibit's description, scientific tests on the UFO materials revealed bizarre behavior: "Three Soviet academic centers and 11 research institutes analyzed the objects from this UFO crash. The distance between atoms is different from ordinary iron. Radar cannot be reflected from the material. Elements in the material may disappear and new ones appear after heating. One piece disappeared completely in front of four witnesses. The core of the material is composed of a substance with anti-gravitational properties."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1373352.html

...and finally, here is a brilliantly presented case for the artifact's authenticity presented over at ATS by internos way back in 2008!

http://www.abovetops...hread377661/pg1

Cheers.
I had seen that alerady, and I'm highly unimpressed, because source of all claims is a single person - V.Dvuzhiln(i)y, who, apparently, "has" "many" "artifacts" (heh, rocks...) in his home (video in russian), plus he perpetrates woman-bird, nessie (in russian; I have to agree with comments below articles - to much weed/shrooms consumed).

#88    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I don't want to read all 6 pages, but I will assume no "secrets" of any real significance was revealed.. Taking a wild guess here.

#89    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Im very excited about this, i live for this crap, so interesting, true or not, something is going on

#90    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,095 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Charles Halt, Former Air Force Colonel, Accuses U.S. Of UFO Cover-Up

Well!...After all of this waiting around...this is all that I could find..so far.., and have to say...."Bit of a let down really"!...

http://www.huffingto..._n_1907492.html

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users