Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Using a Ouija board

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#106    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 03 November 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yeah. I was going to play a game of Operation until somebody warned me against it. They said it was evil and could do things, but couldn't specify what or how or even prove it. I just put the game away and I have never touched it since. I'm scared just thinking about!

Come on! It's just a board game. You're letting these people get in your head and convince you to believe in their claptrap.
https://www.youtube....h?v=cma5Zn7xrWU

Monopoly scares me too...it's frightening how good at it I am!

#107    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

It is a board game but is just that is not JUST A BOARD GAME. It's something else, too. The Ouija board is a continuation of a kind of divination that has been around for easily thousands of years. For example, the ancient Chinese had a method of placing esoteric symbols on turtle shells, and then there were many way over the years in which these symbols were used to extract meaning out of the environment -- I realize many will say, "well, so what this is just ancient mumbo jumbo" -- but that's not my point here -- my point here is that the Quija board is not just a board game -- it leverages methods that have been used by esoteric tradition in many cultures over uncounted millennia -- the ancient Greeks, for example use "sigil wheels' -- which were essentially "round Quija boards" -- they weren't considered "board games" by those cultures -- so the argument that the Ouija board is just a board game is demonstrably false and also extremely simplistic.

Here is an ancient tortoise which might be considered an extremely early version of an Ouija board (and not made by Parker Bros. because that company would not exists for another few thousands years):
Posted Image

Edited by IronGhost, 04 November 2012 - 08:15 PM.

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#108    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hey look!  The Bible is "just a board game!"

Posted Image

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#109    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

I agree IronGhost, I don't think just because Hasbro released it as a game then we should assume it's a load of mumbo jumbo. I believe it's more than a game, and that's why I'm not rushing into using one and have asked lots of questions. The truth is I don't know!

#110    MacBeth

MacBeth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• A legend in my own lunchtime.....

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Brilliant article about Ouija Boards

http://www.huffingto..._b_2029365.html

Personally I don't like them but I suspect that it is more because I know my subconscious and my imagination would go haywire!

#111    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

The board is just a tool.  True your subconscious. Moves the glass or planchet but what does your subconscious know?

#112    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,299 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Well I personally would never do it. I have heard horror stories and have had to deal with demons. I really don't see the point. You already know entities exist, you've been haunted before.. you don't need to prove anything further to yourself. Demons want to kill you, f you up, or get you on drugs, tear you up etc... why take the risk?

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#113    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 26 November 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

Well I personally would never do it. I have heard horror stories and have had to deal with demons. I really don't see the point. You already know entities exist, you've been haunted before.. you don't need to prove anything further to yourself. Demons want to kill you, f you up, or get you on drugs, tear you up etc... why take the risk?

Thanks ;)

#114    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

I really think it isn't a very sensible thing to do. It can mess with you :/

#115    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostBling, on 23 October 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

To be absolutely honest....this thread and the advice given here on the forum in general is making me think it's far more serious than I thought, so I'm hesitating until I feel it's completely the right thing for me to do. I feel I've been sensitive to the spirit world for most of my life and I'm kinda scared that I might come into contact with something untoward (it would be just my luck) and I don't think at this time in my life I would cope with it particularly well. So, I'm not rushing into it just yet, I'm going to follow more advice, because I respect and believe....but know I know very little!

I said this before, and I still feel the same :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users