Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Shattering the Myths of Darwin's Theory

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#16    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Do we have missing link?

By "missing link" I presume you are referring to transitional forms, in which case, yes, we have hundreds. Although it does depend on one's definition of transitional form. Pedantically-speaking every individual organism on Earth is a transitional form: between its parents and its offspring. As for transitional forms in the colloquial meaning, referring to taxa with traits which place them in a transitional state between larger taxonomic groupings (sacropterygians to labyrinthodonts; Theropda yielding Aves; etc.), yes, there are hundreds of them. My favorites are probably Archaeopteryx, Anchiornis, Tiktaalik, Ambulocetus, and Merychippus.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostArbitran, on 23 September 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Things don't morph into other things.

Im confused. Isnt biologists told us that Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria?

View PostArbitran, on 23 September 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Yes, we do. And you have been shown mountains of it, repeatedly. Your sheer ignorance of it is astounding.

Can you do it again? Once for all. I cant recall it.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostArbitran, on 23 September 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

By "missing link" I presume you are referring to transitional forms, in which case, yes, we have hundreds. Although it does depend on one's definition of transitional form. Pedantically-speaking every individual organism on Earth is a transitional form: between its parents and its offspring. As for transitional forms in the colloquial meaning, referring to taxa with traits which place them in a transitional state between larger taxonomic groupings (sacropterygians to labyrinthodonts; Theropda yielding Aves; etc.), yes, there are hundreds of them. My favorites are probably Archaeopteryx, Anchiornis, Tiktaalik, Ambulocetus, and Merychippus.

1.What is missing link between me and homo heidelbergensis?
2.This is what puzzles me.

Homo heidelbergensis ("Heidelberg Man", named after the University of Heidelberg) is an extinct species of the genus Homo which may be[1] the direct ancestor of both Homo neanderthalensis in Europe and Homo sapiens.

http://en.wikipedia....heidelbergensis

May be!

Edited by the L, 23 September 2012 - 10:44 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#19    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Im confused. Isnt biologists told us that Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria?

No. You don't understand the process of evolution.

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Can you do it again? Once for all. I cant recall it.

Here's a good place to start (I believe Imagninarynumber1 already directed you to it ages ago...): http://talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/

And here's another: http://en.wikipedia....ution_of_humans

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#20    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

To me this video provided great quetions.

#21    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostArbitran, on 23 September 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

No. You don't understand the process of evolution.

Here's a good place to start (I believe Imagninarynumber1 already directed you to it ages ago...): http://talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/

And here's another: http://en.wikipedia....ution_of_humans

No? Well Arbitran Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria at least thats what science tell us.

About second part can you do it in own words. I realy did read those links and didnt found answer.

Edited by the L, 23 September 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#22    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostArbitran, on 23 September 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

You don't understand the process of evolution.

Also since you are biologist you can explain it to us. What happened to that pre-bacteria?

#23    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

1.What is missing link between me and homo heidelbergensis?
2.This is what puzzles me.

Homo heidelbergensis ("Heidelberg Man", named after the University of Heidelberg) is an extinct species of the genus Homo which may be[1] the direct ancestor of both Homo neanderthalensis in Europe and Homo sapiens.

http://en.wikipedia....heidelbergensis

May be!

There wasn't much of a "link" between H. heidelbergensis and us; unless you count archaic H. sapiens, which I take it you would likely include along with our particular subspecies, H. sapiens sapiens.

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

To me this video provided great quetions.

It did not.

#24    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Why do most people still call it Darwin's theory? If Zombie Darwin showed up, we'd have to catch him up on all the things he got wrong and all the things that have changed in the evolutionary theory. You could say the theory has 'evolved' from the Darwinian theory into something more complicated. -puts on sunglasses- YEAAAAAAAAAH!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#25    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Isnt homo heidelbergensis morphed into homo sapiens sapiens?

How Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria? Or it isnt? Im confused. If not then is there also missing link there?

Edited by the L, 23 September 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#26    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

No? Well Arbitran Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria at least thats what science tell us.

About second part can you do it in own words. I realy did read those links and didnt found answer.

As a scientist, I can tell you that whatever you have misconstrued about science's information about the transition between Alphaproteobacteria and Mitochondria is simply incorrect. Things don't "morph" into other things.

And really? Two entire articles addressing your precise question and you didn't find any answers? What questions remain?

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Isnt homo heidelbergensis morphed into homo sapiens sapiens?

How Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria? Or it isnt? Im confused. If not then is there also missing link there?

No.

#27    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Why on wiki it says "may be"?

#28    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostArbitran, on 23 September 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

No.

1.I have problem with this because I read in dozens articles, books that Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria. So was I missguided? Or you do that?

2.Wiki says maybe now you say no. Then from what spicies human evolve?

Edited by the L, 23 September 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#29    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Also since you are biologist you can explain it to us. What happened to that pre-bacteria?

Evolution isn't "morphing", it is fundamentally a process of reproduction. Due to mutations and natural selection, populations of organisms slowly undergo a process known as gene flow, in which favoured traits are selected, and unfavoured traits gradually pass away. This process results in morphologic flux, allowing for adaptation to environments, etc.

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Why on wiki it says "may be"?

Because science is based on "maybe". Nothing is known 100%. Nothing. We've been over this.

#30    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 September 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

1.I have problem with this because I read in dozens articles, books that Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria. So was I missguided? Or you do that?

2.Wiki says maybe now you say no. Then from what spicies human evolve?

Did any of them use the term "morph"? Cite some of these articles.

Homo sapiens is directly descended from Homo heidelbergensis. I thought you'd figured that much out yourself...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users