Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Giants of ancient egypt are fact

giants ancient egypt egyptology mystery pyramids

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
530 replies to this topic

#346    cladking

cladking

Telekinetic

• 7,618 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 09 October 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

No they don't. Nowhere in AE texts do they ever make the claim that they or their kings were giants.

1311a. The belly of N. is like that of Nut,(the sky)
1311b. when he ascends and lifts himself [to the sky].

130d. N. compasses the sky like Rē‘; N. traverses the sky like Thot.

Make the sky mount for N.; place the stars upside down for him.

N. has taken his stand with him in the north of the sky

2013a. Thou art a god who supports the sky

...And this is just the word "sky".   Imagine how many more references to giants can be found
if you search words like "high", "tall", etc.

site:sacred-texts.com utterance sky

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#347    cladking

cladking

Telekinetic

• 7,618 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postegyptian lad, on 09 October 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

The hypocrisy of archaeologists is killed......soon.....Giant human skeletons will appear in egypt......Egypt is still full of unearthed giant skeletons

It's already been said in this thread but this contention is impossible according to the
laws of nature as we understand them.  A human of the size you suggest could not even
lift his own weight much less carry large stones.  To lift his own weight he'd need bones
of steel and and a different sort of structure and metabolism.  He would not be human.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#348    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,266 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postcladking, on 09 October 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

1311a. The belly of N. is like that of Nut,(the sky)
1311b. when he ascends and lifts himself [to the sky].

130d. N. compasses the sky like Rē‘; N. traverses the sky like Thot.

Make the sky mount for N.; place the stars upside down for him.

N. has taken his stand with him in the north of the sky

2013a. Thou art a god who supports the sky

...And this is just the word "sky".   Imagine how many more references to giants can be found
if you search words like "high", "tall", etc.

site:sacred-texts.com utterance sky

Gods are not human construction workers. Nice try though.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#349    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postegyptian lad, on 09 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

The early ancient egyptians were giant human nation thats not 100% sure but million% true and they hide big account of giant human skeletons and mummies

There were giants of all size in egypt by the same era, giants of From 3 meter tall to 12 meter tall

The builders of pyramids were by height of 8 to 12 meter tall

The square-cube law prevents humans greater than 8-9 ft in height without major health problems.  Basically it says that as size increases, mass increases by the cube and muscle only by the square.  As a result, the bigger the creature, the harder it is to breathe, the more difficult it is for the heart to pump and more and more strength is required just to stand much less to work and lift stones weighing tons.  So humans of the heights you would like to believe 4 - 12 meters is just not possible biologically.

Regardless of your desire for it to be true, there has never been a nation of giants as you have described.  There would be far more than bones that would have to be hidden and word of such a discovery would have reached much of the world before there could even have been an attempt to cover it up.

egyptian lad said:

The depictions of Pyramid construction in Rekhmire tomb, it describes how the giants of egypt were building the pyramids by Their hands:

Lies of biblical guys and their fabrication for the stone blocks of pyramids:

Fabrication of biblical jewish people for the arts of rekhmire:

The large blocks were considered muddy and divided to some layers lol

The Jews made mud bricks for homes, walls and temples but not for the pyramids.  The bible should not be taken as a history books and  one should always shy away from fringe sites and papers.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#350    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,287 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 09 October 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

I am sure someone here could tell us which statue it is and we could get the size and weight of it.  Now look at the figures pulling the statue.  Each figure is actually two people so the total is 154.  Now why would it take 154 giants to pull one statue?  The answer is it wouldn't and if it's not giants it must be average sized people.

Posted Image

The statue belonged to a powerful regional official named Djehutyhotep, who lived in Dynasty 11-12. It is estimated to have been around 22 feet tall; I don't know what the weight may have been.

His tomb (designated 17L20/1) is at Deir el-Bersheh, in Middle Egypt. You can read more about it here. The statue in the wall relief has never been found, but Djehutyhotep's tomb is well known and fully published. And guess what? No giants. :rolleyes:

Part of egyptian lad's ongoing and self-destructive problem is that he posts random photos, willy-nilly, without any understanding of the content. No thought is even given to the ancient inscriptions accompanying the depictions. It is an exercise in futility and comes across rather foolishly.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#351    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,287 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 09 October 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

The Jews made mud bricks for homes, walls and temples but not for the pyramids.  The bible should not be taken as a history books and  one should always shy away from fringe sites and papers.

I thought I'd comment on this, too. I am in agreement with you. Specifically, the Book of Exodus tells us the Hebrews "...built Pithom and Rameses as store cities for Pharaoh" (see Exodus 1:11). Nowhere does it say the Hebrews built pyramids in Egypt—nor for that matter are pyramids even mentioned in the Old Testament. Nearly all Egyptian pyramids date to the Old Kingdom and Middle Kingdom, and this was a very long time before the Hebrews even existed.

The images egyptian lad keeps posting of those men at work, from the tomb of Rekhmire, have nothing to do with pyramids, nor with Hebrews. The men depicted are a mix of regular workmen and prisoners of war. No Hebrews are shown in those images, although given that Rekhmire lived in Dynasty 18, New Kingdom, at least we're getting closer to the earliest appearance of the Hebrews. In any case, as the inscriptions accompanying those scenes clearly state, the structure depicted is part of the Karnak temple complex in ancient Thebes, and the men are specifically making a storehouse out of mud bricks.

Here again egyptian lad has been slapping up random photos without any understanding of their content or context—much to the detriment of his own credibility.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#352    jmccr8

jmccr8

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

I don't know if this is relative to this thread or not but I thought that it is interesting in that it relates to a culture of people that were living in Niger 8-10kbp. The people of the Kiffian culture both male and female were from 6'2"-6'8" in height and may have been considered as giants to others at that time. I first read the National Geographic article a couple of years ago but I only learned how to copy and paste a couple of months ago.

These people lived in the Sahara when it was green and teeming with life,is it possible that they moved into different areas like Chad or Egypt? were their desendants the giant of old? Possibly Swede or Cormac or some of the other members here have anymore information that they can share about these people it would be appreciated.

Green Sahara — National Geographic Magazine

Green Sahara — Photo Gallery — National Geographic Magazine

Video -- Ancient Sahara Graveyard Found -- National Geographic

Ancient Cemetery Found; Brings "Green Sahara" to Life

Thanks
jmccr8

#353    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

View Postjmccr8, on 10 October 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I don't know if this is relative to this thread or not but I thought that it is interesting in that it relates to a culture of people that were living in Niger 8-10kbp. The people of the Kiffian culture both male and female were from 6'2"-6'8" in height and may have been considered as giants to others at that time. I first read the National Geographic article a couple of years ago but I only learned how to copy and paste a couple of months ago.

These people lived in the Sahara when it was green and teeming with life,is it possible that they moved into different areas like Chad or Egypt? were their desendants the giant of old? Possibly Swede or Cormac or some of the other members here have anymore information that they can share about these people it would be appreciated.

Thanks
jmccr8

I second Jmccr8's request. I am aware of studies carried out about the origins of ancient Egyptians, that they were an admixture of African and Euroasian populations, and the African origins of predynastic cultures, but I would like to know more. I am also particularly interested in  studies comparing genetic material of ancient and modern Egyptians, whether there is proof or indication of the 'genetic continuity' of Egyptians, ancient and modern. Claims of the 'disappearing' Egyptians seem to come up more and more frequently whether by Egyptian Lad, or Afro-centrist proponents (thread disappeared from another forum). I think the issue must be discussed in a head-on straight forward manner. Of course, as an Egyptian I confess to having self-interest vested in this request, I am on the verge of developing an identity crisis with a persecution complex as an added bonus!

#354    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,266 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

View Postjmccr8, on 10 October 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Thanks
jmccr8

Gobero, where evidence for the Kiffian and later Tenerian Cultures were found is a fascinating site. This includes the fact that it is relatively near where Megalake Chad was as well as the oldest canoe (the Dafuna Canoe), which was found close to the Niger, Nigeria and Chad borders. With the dessication of Megalake Chad c.2000 BC and the dessication of the Steppe/Savannah areas it's possible that some of these people could have moved towards or into Egypt. However the later peoples of the Tenerian Culture weren't as muscular or tall as the Kiffians and if Kiffian Culture people made their way into Egypt they were apparently never written about nor passed on their height to the locals.

Attached File  Gobero and Megalake Chad picture.jpg   102.76K   2 downloads

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#355    jmccr8

jmccr8

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Hello Cormac,

Thanks for responding,are you saying that we are not yet aware of what their genetic(?)signature/profile is yet?Are there still traces of them in other groups or did they just cease to exist? Please excuse me if I have used the wrong terminology, I was hoping that you might shed some light on where they came from or where they went, they were a physical anomaly,powerful physic,agile they would have made great warriors. Do you know of any other sites that I might find out more about them or is our knowledge about them very limited.Any input that you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
jmccr8

#356    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Attached File  1377791-ram1.jpg   24.12K   10 downloads

View Postthe L, on 24 September 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

From which temple is this?

Me!Me!Me!  I know...  It's King Tut offing one of those sorry sculptors.

Edited by John Rayne, 10 October 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#357    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,266 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 10 October 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

I second Jmccr8's request. I am aware of studies carried out about the origins of ancient Egyptians, that they were an admixture of African and Euroasian populations, and the African origins of predynastic cultures, but I would like to know more. I am also particularly interested in  studies comparing genetic material of ancient and modern Egyptians, whether there is proof or indication of the 'genetic continuity' of Egyptians, ancient and modern. Claims of the 'disappearing' Egyptians seem to come up more and more frequently whether by Egyptian Lad, or Afro-centrist proponents (thread disappeared from another forum). I think the issue must be discussed in a head-on straight forward manner. Of course, as an Egyptian I confess to having self-interest vested in this request, I am on the verge of developing an identity crisis with a persecution complex as an added bonus!

As as short read, of which you can branch off at your leisure, you might want to read the section here entitled "DNA studies on modern Egyptians":

http://en.wikipedia....Near_East#Egypt

While I realize it's Wikipedia, it's not only the section mentioned that should be of interest to you but also the links taken from that section. In a nutshell, Ancient Egypt and Modern Egypt have been and will likely always be a melting-pot of human DNA haplogroups. Neither Eurocentrists nor Afro-Centrists should be listened to as the evidence shows that they are both wrong.

cormac

#358    jmccr8

jmccr8

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hi Cormac,

After you mentioned the Dafuna canoe I googled it and got this wiki page which was interesting although there was not much mention of the Kiffians it did show several other groups that Meryt-tetisheri may find of some value,once again thanks.

Pre-history Africa & the Badarian Culture

jmccr8

#359    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,266 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

View Postjmccr8, on 10 October 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

Hello Cormac,

Thanks for responding,are you saying that we are not yet aware of what their genetic(?)signature/profile is yet?Are there still traces of them in other groups or did they just cease to exist? Please excuse me if I have used the wrong terminology, I was hoping that you might shed some light on where they came from or where they went, they were a physical anomaly,powerful physic,agile they would have made great warriors. Do you know of any other sites that I might find out more about them or is our knowledge about them very limited.Any input that you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
jmccr8

I'm not aware of any viable genetic material having been extracted on which to have a genetics test performed. Having said that, I do know that the nearest and largest haplogroups of which they could possibly be members of would be A1a, A1b, B2a, B2b or E1b1; all of which are African in origin. The one closest to Gobero, A1a, is the second oldest Y Chromosomal haplogroup and dates to c.107,600 BP. Until we actually have viable DNA material tested it would be wrong to presume to know from where they originated other than to say north central Africa. I can't give you anything more specific than that. As to where they went, considering that there was a severe arid period of 1000 years between 6200 and 5200 BC, they likely moved on to "greener" pastures as it were. If you haven't read this article before, it might be of interest to you.

http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0002995

cormac

#360    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 10 October 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

As as short read, of which you can branch off at your leisure, you might want to read the section here entitled "DNA studies on modern Egyptians":

http://en.wikipedia....Near_East#Egypt

While I realize it's Wikipedia, it's not only the section mentioned that should be of interest to you but also the links taken from that section. In a nutshell, Ancient Egypt and Modern Egypt have been and will likely always be a melting-pot of human DNA haplogroups. Neither Eurocentrists nor Afro-Centrists should be listened to as the evidence shows that they are both wrong.

cormac

Thank you Cormac, much appreciated!
I have the studies of Cavalli-Sforza "History and Geography of Human Genes" and Manni (2004) downloaded and will read them tomorrow (it's too late here).

I have come across a passing reference to a comparative study carried out by Cairo University on the remains of Giza pyramid builders discovered on the plateau, and modern Egyptians but could not find the study itself or any articles referrencing it, do you have any information about it?

Lastly, the 2004 mtDNA study mainly used Gurna for samples, I also seem to remember that they were one of the Arab tribes which were forced to settle under Muhammed Ali's rule, but I need to dig further for confirmation, I have a question mark with regards to how representative this community is, in comparison with populations of other villages and towns in Upper Egypt.

Thanks again

Also tagged with giants, ancient egypt, egyptology, mystery, pyramids

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users