Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Giants of ancient egypt are fact

giants ancient egypt egyptology mystery pyramids

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
530 replies to this topic

#91    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 September 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

OK, so I posted a pic of a Ramses the Not That Great.

Lol.

Those damn mummies all look alike.

Sounds like a good start for the next Monty Python movie. :D

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#92    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 25 September 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Sounds like a good start for the next Monty Python movie. :D

cormac

I will send an email to John Cleese and to Michael Palin.

But wouldn't it be great if one of them showed up here?

#93    Alcibiades9

Alcibiades9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 24 September 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Oh great. Another person who knows nothing about Ancient Egypt. I can just hear kmt_sesh pulling the last of his hair out.

cormac

You need to get out more.  It's got NOTHING to do with kmt_sesh.  He's not any kind of expert on Egyptology, despite acting like the Big Cheese in that regard here for you and the rest of the regular cabal.  If he doesn't want to read alternative theories, he shouldn't be on the Unexplained Mysteries board.  If he were half as knowledgeable as he thinks he would be on a proper, academic Egyptology forum.  But it's easy to be on here every day taking pot shots at wacky theories about giants, isn't it?  Come wading in with the "facts" about ancient Egypt when required.  The big fish in a very small pond.  Whoopee do.  Wouldn't actually cut the mustard in the real world though.

The little gang who post regularly on here - including yourself - really do need your little bubble burst from time to time.   You are nothing.  No thread, no theory, no field and certainly no thoughts of any poster need be held up against what you think.  You are not the measure.  You are irrelevant, a legend in your own minds.

You can pull your hair out all you like.  You only do that to make yourselves feel superior.  Hence you actually enjoy it.

But when you come up against someone of real substance, you mess your diapers. :td:

#94    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 September 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

I will send an email to John Cleese and to Michael Palin.

But wouldn't it be great if one of them showed up here?

But it's not as funny as this thread. One really has to wonder, how did gigantic para/quadraplegics build the Gizamids?  :w00t:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#95    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,536 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 25 September 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

I thought it amusing when egyptianlad said we can't mummify in modern times... we could. Someone probably has.... we've moved on to plasticizing now though. See body works exhibit. But now we are not capable of such marvels. :tu:

Mummification has been done in modern times—twice now. The first time was in the mid-1990s at the University of Maryland, in an experiment run by Bob Brier. The second time was only a year or two ago at a facility in Great Britain. Both were bodies donated to science.

And both experiments were successful.

I loved the Body Worlds exhibition. I've seen two different versions of it and will definitely go again if there's another.

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 25 September 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

A well shaved Meganthropus is my bet. Then again could the Hyksos have been building the Great Pyramids.

The Hyksos date to the seventeenth and sixteenth centuries BCE (Dynasty 15), over 800 years after the reign of Khufu (Dynasty 4). They have nothing to do with the Old Kingdom pyramids.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#96    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostAlcibiades9, on 25 September 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

You need to get out more.  It's got NOTHING to do with kmt_sesh.  He's not any kind of expert on Egyptology, despite acting like the Big Cheese in that regard here for you and the rest of the regular cabal.  If he doesn't want to read alternative theories, he shouldn't be on the Unexplained Mysteries board.  If he were half as knowledgeable as he thinks he would be on a proper, academic Egyptology forum.  But it's easy to be on here every day taking pot shots at wacky theories about giants, isn't it?  Come wading in with the "facts" about ancient Egypt when required.  The big fish in a very small pond.  Whoopee do.  Wouldn't actually cut the mustard in the real world though.

The little gang who post regularly on here - including yourself - really do need your little bubble burst from time to time.   You are nothing.  No thread, no theory, no field and certainly no thoughts of any poster need be held up against what you think.  You are not the measure.  You are irrelevant, a legend in your own minds.

You can pull your hair out all you like.  You only do that to make yourselves feel superior.  Hence you actually enjoy it.

But when you come up against someone of real substance, you mess your diapers. :td:

Great avatar.

I'll bet you are a midget in real life.

Anywho, you are a recent arrival, show us something to chew on.

We love that.

#97    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,972 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 25 September 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Take a look at the jaw bone. I saw that skull  - or one similar to it, comapred to a normall human skull.
Yes, lets:

Posted Image

Please note that one object is only the teeth, while the other is an entire jaw.  Also, please note that if you look at the teeth in that jaw, you can plainly see that the U-shaped pattern of teeth is simply no larger in the jaw than it is in the sample shown above the jaw.

So, when are you going to show us some red headed giants?  I mean, the site you linked only shows normal-sized individuals, as you can easily and readily see above.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#98    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

You need to get out more.  It's got NOTHING to do with kmt_sesh.  He's not any kind of expert on Egyptology, despite acting like the Big Cheese in that regard here for you and the rest of the regular cabal.  If he doesn't want to read alternative theories, he shouldn't be on the Unexplained Mysteries board. If he were half as knowledgeable as he thinks he would be on a proper, academic Egyptology forum. But it's easy to be on here every day taking pot shots at wacky theories about giants, isn't it?  Come wading in with the "facts" about ancient Egypt when required.  The big fish in a very small pond.  Whoopee do.  Wouldn't actually cut the mustard in the real world though.

If you can't handle dissenting views then perhaps you shouldn't be on UM.

He already is. And is rather well respected as well.

His peers at the Oriental Institute as well as professionals in the field would appear to disagree with you.

Just based on this one post of yours, that person is definitely not you.

cormac

#99    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

You need to get out more.

You need to stay indoors, and read some books.

And no, not the ones written by a Hancock, Von Däniken, Charroux, Beauval, Cremo, and the like.

Read books written by people who actually did the digging, wrote papers about it,  and got their hands dirty.

Not books written by those who never leave their seats or books written by those who are convinced all the scientists are in some sort of great conspiracy to hide the truth.

Edited by Abramelin, 25 September 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#100    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,536 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Oh, goodness, calm down, already. I don't understand why the fringies go into such a snit when someone mentions my name. I am not the big cheese and I have never proclaimed myself to be—nor have I ever claimed to be an expert. It's only you folks in the fringe crowd who get all pouty when faced with real-world, legitimate evidence, and I'm not the only one who submits the fringies to a taste of reality.

I came to this board years back because of my growing awareness of a certain segment of society espousing stunningly naive and incorrect alternative views. UM is the perfect place for such discussions. Never have I complained about a fringe proponent posting here (unless he or she is particularly childish, obnoxious, and arrogant, and UM has had its share of such fringies). Why do you get bent out of shape when I post?

I suspect it's because you (and others) don't like being reminded of rational, grounded evidence based on the scientific method. I have never seen a fringe theme that is based on evidence that could survive even the most cursory of peer-review environments, but that is not my fault. I am here to represent the orthodox perspective. That is my right. Deal with it, and stop trying to make me out as some boogyman. I don't recall your displaying such unnecessary vitriol when you first started posting here.

I don't take pot shots. If I see something has been posted in error, I reply with the orthodox explanation and am always willing to cite my sources and provide references to support my position. Rarely do fringies take me up on this offer, either because they do not understand research methodology and have no desire to educate themselves or because they're afraid to dig deeper in the first place, and would rather avoid research altogether. It's not my fault if fringies often reply by throwing a tantrum.

And for your information, UM is only one forum to which I belong. I am a Moderator at one of the highest-quality forums for the conservative and orthodox discussion of ancient Egypt, and I have belonged to numerous others through the years. UM is just one more that caught my interest.

I've vented long enough. I will close by suggesting to you what I suggest to other fringe proponents who are so easily rattled: stop trying to make this personal by flaming a forum member, and start trying to support your own beliefs in a productive way.

(As a postscript, I will admit that there are some UM posters who espouse fringe ideas but who can engage in debate with maturity, good humor, and intelligence. These people I like and respect, even if they are the minority of UMers who prefer the fringe.)

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#101    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Everyone knows it couldn't have been giants, because the aliens did it, at least, that's what Stargate taught me.

Edited by Hasina, 25 September 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#102    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostHasina, on 25 September 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Everyone knows it couldn't have been giants, because the aliens did it, at least, that's what Stargate taught me.

Indeed! :w00t:

cormac

#103    Alcibiades9

Alcibiades9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 25 September 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

If you can't handle dissenting views then perhaps you shouldn't be on UM.

cormac

Priceless coming from you.  Absolutely priceless.

And clearly I've struck a nerve as the cabal is instantly out in force in response.  Sorry boys, but your usual little game of lining up to take turns hurling abuse won't work with me.

The diapers are clearly messed. And so easily too... :yes:

#104    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,536 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 September 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

OK, so I posted a pic of a Ramses the Not That Great.

Lol.

Those damn mummies all look alike.

That's a stereotype! It also happens to be somewhat true.

The mummy in my avatar is a Late Period man named Harwa. He's at the Field Museum. I recently came across something funny, when I was looking at a photo of Ramesses II's mummy on my iPad while standing next to Harwa. Now, Harwa lived more than 600 years after Ramesses II, but when I held up my iPad with Ramesses' photo right next to Harwa's unwrapped face, it was hilarious how much the two looked alike.

Now my colleagues and I joke that Harwa is a descendant of Ramesses II. Any truth to that? Almost certainly not, but the resemblance is striking.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#105    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,536 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostAlcibiades9, on 25 September 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Priceless coming from you.  Absolutely priceless.

And clearly I've struck a nerve as the cabal is instantly out in force in response.  Sorry boys, but your usual little game of lining up to take turns hurling abuse won't work with me.

The diapers are clearly messed. And so easily too... :yes:

Again, stop whining and grandstanding and start posting something of substance, something we can discuss or debate. Otherwise, you're wasting your time as well as ours and taking this discussion off topic.

Edit: Typo

Edited by kmt_sesh, 25 September 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

Also tagged with giants, ancient egypt, egyptology, mystery, pyramids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users