Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Three separate sightings of yetis in Siberia

siberia yetis kemerovo expedition

  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,533 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Isn't it lucky that there've been so many sightings before the expedition, I'm sure they'll find some evidence now that it seems to be such an active area. :whistle:

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#17    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 18,298 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostRafterman, on 28 September 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

But it's not as simple as saying these things live in areas that humans don't frequent.  These things are reported in some of the most populous regions of the planet - every state in the US and every providence in Canada.  Therefore logic dictates that a breeding population exists in all of North America, correct?  A population of that size simply could not remain hidden and would produce much evidence of its existence than the occasional questionable footprint and blurry video.

I do believe that the "wild man" can't be discounted based on where it cannot be. Sure, it can't exist in New Yorks Central Park, so if it is reported there, then it must be false everywhere??

That is bad logic. Each report should be viewed independently before being tossed out. Some can be tossed out immediately, and some need further investigation.

The facts that Bigfoot in North America and the Yowi in Australia are practically impossible should not directly relate to the Russian Yeti that lives in a more remote area than anywhere in the US lower 48. No historic fossils exist of early Homonids in the Americas or Australia, but they do exist in the Southern parts of the Russian Siberia. So the entire equation is different.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#18    kauai1

kauai1

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2011

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

There were Japanese soldiers living on islands after the end of WW2 and were not found out even AFTER the islands became populated - they lived in caves and left no evidence of their existence for decades. Do you think that an international conspiracy to pull off a hoax of Bigfoot,Yeti and Yowie sightings are "afoot"? Me thinks not - too many people sighting them, and with the advent of cell-phones, every-day folks have a chance at sighting something unusual.UFO's {everywhere} being seen by millions, yet we still do not have one in our possession - or do we? Same with our giant friends seen around the world....I, for one, WANT them to exist. It makes our world a little bit more exciting, and takes our minds off of endless wars and repressions that fill every paper and t.v. news stories daily. Proof of DNA extraction from hair samples have shown "not a man - not an ape" - somewhere in between. That is most likely where they will be found, in a place that is out of our peripheral vision, yet lives in the corner of our eyes - somewhere "in-between" what we perceive and what is really there. Make sense?


#19    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,346 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postkauai1, on 29 September 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

There were Japanese soldiers living on islands after the end of WW2 and were not found out even AFTER the islands became populated - they lived in caves and left no evidence of their existence for decades. Do you think that an international conspiracy to pull off a hoax of Bigfoot,Yeti and Yowie sightings are "afoot"? Me thinks not - too many people sighting them, and with the advent of cell-phones, every-day folks have a chance at sighting something unusual.UFO's {everywhere} being seen by millions, yet we still do not have one in our possession - or do we? Same with our giant friends seen around the world....I, for one, WANT them to exist. It makes our world a little bit more exciting, and takes our minds off of endless wars and repressions that fill every paper and t.v. news stories daily. Proof of DNA extraction from hair samples have shown "not a man - not an ape" - somewhere in between. That is most likely where they will be found, in a place that is out of our peripheral vision, yet lives in the corner of our eyes - somewhere "in-between" what we perceive and what is really there. Make sense?


there is not any DNA saying " between a man and a ape "....You are reading twisted opinions on DNA samples that say " inconclusive ", and the reason why is twisted to help keep the " bigfoot " going.

The DNA samples were not good enough, or had been contaminated.....Thus the " inconclusive ".

I challenge you to find one DNA sample from a bigfoot/yeti expedition that has been verified as a new animal by a reputable source.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 18,298 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

There have been several analysis done on various Yeti/Bigfoot hair, but AFAIK, none of it ever made it to the internet in any kind of scientific form. Supposedly that is what Ketchum is doing still right now, right?

There was hair analysis done on several Orang Pendek hairs from Malasia that were compared to other ape hairs and appeared to be be a new species, or maybe a known species with just some range in wha is "Normal". Personnally I think those were Siamang hairs. But the analysis was done  Other bigfoot/yeti/apemen hairs had the same done, but nothing has been posted online to my knownledge.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    keninsc

keninsc

    Poltergeist

  • Validating
  • 3,234 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

I have to agree with Wearer of Hats, isn't it strange how there's this plethora of activity, sightings, encounters in an area until the "experts" show up to verify and get the conclusive evidence then suddenly they can't quite nail it down. Then they leave after spending a town meeting, an evening in the woods and maybe a day running around. They don't find anything but some stuff and some places that look "Squatchy". Then they leave and edit the film and do the show, they're done because if they find the booger then the shows over folks and so's the money from the show. Let's be real, TV pays well.

If they were serious then they'd set up a base camp and spend a couple weeks or a month in the area, scout it out, looks for signs......no I really don't know what signs other than footprints or something *insert your favorite evidence here*. Have at least four or five people, well versed in woodman skills, tracking and animal behavior, at least well versed enough to know what they were tracking. Also, they'd need to be of a mindset to shoot the bugger if encountered because anything short of a body, a skeleton, or a body part, preferably a head isn't going to convince anyone.

Yes, that would be expensive as all get out, but that's really what it would take to make it happen. Then you have to get the body out and get it to someone who qualified to do this sort of detailed study on a new primate. Again let's face it, you can't just pick up the phone and call "Apes-R-Us" and arrange to drop off your carcass.


#22    keninsc

keninsc

    Poltergeist

  • Validating
  • 3,234 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

As an example of the expense involved, I came up with an initial expenditure of about $800K, with an additional recurring expense of almost $100K per expedition. (A one month expedition) This could vary depending distance traveled, number of people in the expedition, part of the country, etc. I happen to live in South Carolina so I would limit my expeditions to the NC, SC, GA and Eastern TN. Although I might be willing to take a trip to other places if there were something "hot".

Mind you, this does not take into account doing the preliminary searches and checking out leads and stories before determining where to do the big expeditions. This sh!t adds up quick.


#23    keninsc

keninsc

    Poltergeist

  • Validating
  • 3,234 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Personally, I've found this video interesting. It has some interesting things in it and by the same token it has some hokie stuff as well.

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eVUPoBGJo1o?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Give it a look. No, it isn't proof of anything. I just think it's interesting, at least certain parts of it.

Ok, someone is going to need to give me or tell me where to get a "how to" for posting videos on here.

Edited by keninsc, 30 September 2012 - 09:41 AM.


#24    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 18,298 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

To post a video, I simply put it in as a link, and usually it will embed itself.

To add a link go to the Tool bar above the Post text section and on the 2nd bar down, in the middle you'll see a short chain/links icon.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 18,298 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 30 September 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Personally, I've found this video interesting. It has some interesting things in it and by the same token it has some hokie stuff as well.

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eVUPoBGJo1o?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Give it a look. No, it isn't proof of anything. I just think it's interesting, at least certain parts of it.

Ok, someone is going to need to give me or tell me where to get a "how to" for posting videos on here.
http://www.youtube.c...bed/eVUPoBGJo1o

Edit: Humm... Nope that did not work.

Edit: There used to be a button for embedding videos, but I don't see it anymore and I too am now unsure how to do it...

Edit #3d: Nope that did not work either...

Edited by DieChecker, 01 October 2012 - 06:05 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#26    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Joined:16 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Kish, Sumer

  • Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

I Do Believe They Exist .. And I Too Hope We Never Get To Catch One .. Even Tho I'd Be Very Curious To See What They're All About :)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#27    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,346 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 October 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...bed/eVUPoBGJo1o

Edit: Humm... Nope that did not work.

Edit: There used to be a button for embedding videos, but I don't see it anymore and I too am now unsure how to do it...

Edit #3d: Nope that did not work either...




Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#28    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

    ... And, the Right Jack

  • Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Joined:20 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Boston US

  • One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostRafterman, on 28 September 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

But it's not as simple as saying these things live in areas that humans don't frequent.  These things are reported in some of the most populous regions of the planet - every state in the US and every providence in Canada.  Therefore logic dictates that a breeding population exists in all of North America, correct?  A population of that size simply could not remain hidden and would produce much evidence of its existence than the occasional questionable footprint and blurry video.

you say that such a popuation of this species could not remain hidden but that is because you are *assuming* that this creature is like many others, and you should not make that assumption since it has yet to be captured/examined.

obviously, if this beast exists, it is quite different. perhaps it has a way of tanscennding dimensions, you can't say "no" unless you have evidence.

there are just too many ppl in the same regions for centuries making the same claims.
there HAS to be something to it.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~


#29    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 07 October 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

you say that such a popuation of this species could not remain hidden but that is because you are *assuming* that this creature is like many others, and you should not make that assumption since it has yet to be captured/examined.

obviously, if this beast exists, it is quite different. perhaps it has a way of tanscennding dimensions, you can't say "no" unless you have evidence.

there are just too many ppl in the same regions for centuries making the same claims.
there HAS to be something to it.

Yeah I agree theres just to many things still not known by man

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#30    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,346 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 07 October 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

you say that such a popuation of this species could not remain hidden but that is because you are *assuming* that this creature is like many others, and you should not make that assumption since it has yet to be captured/examined.

obviously, if this beast exists, it is quite different. perhaps it has a way of tanscennding dimensions, you can't say "no" unless you have evidence.

there are just too many ppl in the same regions for centuries making the same claims.
there HAS to be something to it.


So, in your world, one can make any kind of creature up, and say " it might exist ", because someone can not say " no " unless they have evidence.

Nice..... :no:




View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 07 October 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Yeah I agree theres just to many things still not known by man


Like?

Edited by Sakari, 07 October 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm






Also tagged with siberia, yetis, kemerovo, expedition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users