Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Test your knowledge

Junior Chubb

Not sure if this is in the right section or not, I am sure it will move if not...

Following a link in another story on UM I found this 'science quiz'. I thought some of the UM super brains would have fun with it, the questions are quite varied so there is room for everyone to slip up along the way. I started of really well but soon lost my way...

The not so intelligent Junior Chubb managed 24/50 :blush: Not so great (but honest), but as you may know I am more about opinion than knowledge ;)

http://www.csmonitor...th-s-atmosphere

Have fun, post your score if you want, and remember if you cheat you are only cheating yourself.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

lol got 25 as well. lol can remember the lessons at school on these subjects but also remember not paying attention. i thought a zygote was like sperm or the female egg ( pretty sure theres a better name lmao) think i miss read the question. i shall be revising for future tests lol

• Like 2

i wish i had the passion i have now for learning at school.

I am sure many of us have the same wish...

It is one of the problems with the western world, we see schooling as something that we are forced to do rather than the privilege it is, so most of us take it for granted. Then low and behold when we mature we look back and wish we followed the advice of those who went before us and warned us 'you only get one chance at school, work hard and make the most of it'.

Glad you enjoyed the test though. :)

Bow down to my superior knowledge of 37 correct answers. Most of these I just knew as like 'fun facts', if asked to actually explain them, I'd keep repeating that fact. Ya know, like a Snapple cap.

• Like 1

Bow down to my superior knowledge of 37 correct answers. Most of these I just knew as like 'fun facts', if asked to actually explain them, I'd keep repeating that fact. Ya know, like a Snapple cap.

bows down to Hasina, kept second guessing my self on this, when my original answer was correct. my maths teacher used to think it was funny how i would have all of my working out right and even come to the correct conclusion but still second guess my self and put a different answer.

Edited by Ever Learning

You go girl (he say's from a bowed down position).

Well done, your not just a pretty face are you. Well I kind of guessed that from some of your posts anyway. ;)

36/50. Not bad for someone with little knowledge of physics, which a lot of the questions were based around. I was given a couple of answers after re-starting though. :whistle:

Edited by Thomas J

36/50. Not bad for someone with little knowledge of physics, which a lot of the questions were based around. I was given a couple of answers after re-starting. :whistle:

You cheeky monkey!! :)

The physics questions threw me to, they obviously threw me a bit further than they threw you, there must be some law about that.

Edited by Junior Chubb

You cheeky monkey!! :)

The physics questions threw me to, they obviously threw me a bit further than they threw you, there must be some law about that.

I restarted at around question 8 because I accidentally closed the browser, so it wasn't that many. I knew most of the first ones anyway. :tu:

My chemistry knowledge made up for the physics question guessing gone wrong!

f2b3659e42d440affeb44232502082f1465.gif

Well, I got the first one right and then for the loooooongest time it looked as if that was the sum total of my scientific knowledge!

Eventually finished witha score of 17 :unsure:

(Obviously not the brightest explosion in the science lab!)

Edited by ouija ouija

I am sure many of us have the same wish...

It is one of the problems with the western world, we see schooling as something that we are forced to do rather than the privilege it is, so most of us take it for granted. Then low and behold when we mature we look back and wish we followed the advice of those who went before us and warned us 'you only get one chance at school, work hard and make the most of it'.

Glad you enjoyed the test though. :)

Chubbs, I'm going to have to disagree with you about this: I don't think it's always a case of 'not working hard enough'. I think our brains are just wired differently ........ some people just soak up and retain information with very little effort, whereas others(myself included), simply can't take scientific/technical stuff in at all. I have learned so much more from studies as a 'mature' student than I ever did when I was at school, BUT there were some subjects that no matter how much I wanted to learn about them, the information just wouldn't go in(tractor maintenance springs to mind!). It was almost like a switch flipping off in my head ....... the tutor might as well have been speaking in a foreign language.

I attempted it 3 times and my browser kept kicking me out. Too many ads I think... oh well.

Chubbs, I'm going to have to disagree with you about this: I don't think it's always a case of 'not working hard enough'. I think our brains are just wired differently ........ some people just soak up and retain information with very little effort, whereas others(myself included), simply can't take scientific/technical stuff in at all. I have learned so much more from studies as a 'mature' student than I ever did when I was at school, BUT there were some subjects that no matter how much I wanted to learn about them, the information just wouldn't go in(tractor maintenance springs to mind!). It was almost like a switch flipping off in my head ....... the tutor might as well have been speaking in a foreign language.

Teachers are meant to better nowadays, so they say. not that 60 is that old,as no offence was intended

• Like 1

Disagree with me how dare you? ;)

I realise we all absorb different information at different levels with different amount of interest, I was commenting more towards the general attitude of kids at school. In some cultures going to school is a privilege and it is embraced, too many of our kids do not see it that way.

You are spot on about some people though, its always easier for some than others. I was a role model kid in PE (Physical Education), never missed a class, always volunteered and tried my best. The thing is no matter how hard I tried I was never above average in ability (A for effort, C for result). Then once I left school, I grew, became more skilled and learn't to control my arms and legs, I am now fitter, faster, more agile and adept at sports than the people around me of my age. Better late than never.

One thing though, Tractor Maintenance?? I am glad I did not go to your school. :)

this test is so long D:

It is also an endurance test...

• Like 2

f2b3659e42d440affeb44232502082f1465.gif

Well, I got the first one right and then for the loooooongest time it looked as if that was the sum total of my scientific knowledge!

Eventually finished witha score of 17 :unsure:

(Obviously not the brightest explosion in the science lab!)

ok im done i got 20, i would have failed if this was in school -.-

Cheers peep's, you have elevated me away from the bottom of the class. ;)

Hope you enjoyed it though.

Edited by Junior Chubb

One thing though, Tractor Maintenance?? I am glad I did not go to your school. :)

Haha! I didn't do Tractor Maintenance at school! That was my point: even though I was older and had chosen the subject as part of my Stud & Stable Husbandry course, it was something I really wanted to learn, in a very small group, with a patient tutor ....... the information would just not lodge itself in my brain.

• Like 1

I got 46/50, but one of them I only got wrong because I was clicking through too fast (question #36, an easy one too!).

The quiz was weighted towards physics and chemistry, which is my area of expertise.

• Like 1

I got 46/50, but one of them I only got wrong because I was clicking through too fast (question #36, an easy one too!).

The quiz was weighted towards physics and chemistry, which is my area of expertise.

(^•x•^) -hands over crown-

• Like 1

Well done sepulchrave :nw: Great score, top of the league.

I got 34/50, and I sucked in science...

Though, I always usually test well. :unsure2:

I got 41, and all of that was retained from high-school. I loved science and did really well with biology and meteorology.