Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sleep Paralysis & Hallucinations

dreams sleep hallucinations sleep paralysis

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,099 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostExodus87, on 11 January 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

I've had two occasions this week where I've experienced the noises, rushing and feeling of levitation. On both occasions it's been in the morning where I've decided to sleep slightly longer than my usual and both have removed me from my dream as soon as it starts (takes about an hour to come on). The only problem is that I've been able to feel myself breathing, as soon as I notice that my body begins to wake up and the noises dissipate completely. Also the noises haven't been quite as harsh or as a strong, not sure if thatís related.

I've tried in the evenings as well, but it's near impossible to keep myself conciously awake while I enter this state since I usually dream for short while first so tend to fall asleep unlike the mornings.

I'm keen to experience it again so I may challenge my shadow, any suggestions?
No actually I don't. You are starting to investigate the altered states and work thorough it. Everyone is different so I can't offer any better advice than your own inquisitive attitutude. Ultimately you will experience things that others cannot fathom just be steady and sure. If something specific bothers you I might have a bit more advice, but other than that just march on and feel out all the corners.

Don't worry, you will have a shot at shadow again I promise.

Edited by Seeker79, 14 January 2013 - 05:38 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#47    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,099 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

View Postlittlemonster92, on 14 January 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

Sleep paralysis really interests me as I started experiencing it last year after starting Uni. I had no idea what sleep paralysis was until I browsed this website and then it suddenly made sense, that this is what I had been experiencing.

When I experience sleep paralysis it can range from simple dreams where I can't move to actual hallucinations that I experience in my own bedroom. It's starting to become more common as I usually experience some part of it weekly which is very annoying! When I experience sleep paralysis I always feel extremely exhausted the next day and after having one of these weird dreams I can literally sleep the whole of the next day if I wanted to, I always feel unbelievably tired like someone is sucking away all of my energy!

The hallucinations usually occur less frequent and during day time naps or early in the morning if I go back to sleep after waking up for the toilet or a drink. For example I once thought my dad had come in the room while I was asleep and I had talked to him about my day while not been able to move however this was impossible as he was out at work all day. A more scary hallucination I had was when my friends came in my room as I was unconscious (this never actually happened) or when I awoke to a small man hunched over sat on my chest looking straight into my eyes!!!

As annoying as these experiences may be I welcome them as they do interest me. However, I put it down to my lifestyle at the moment. Since starting uni my sleeping pattern is very messed up and I go out most nights drinking which could be an explanation... During some sleep paralysis episodes though I dream that I have fainted or am fitting where my friends come to my assistance but I'm aware i'm dreaming and can't move no matter how hard I try.. these fainting dreams are REALLY scary so I don't welcome them!!
It is apart of your new lifestyle, but you sound a little prone to it aswell. Just maintain an even observers attitude. When you find yourself being frightened... Relax... Go limp... Maintain and observers prespective  not a victims... Watch what happens. You might be blown away. Of course getting rid of the partying is no a bad idea aswell. But hey... College is only once. Just get good grades, take as many internships as you can, and don't make a habit of your current night life. You will be alright. ;)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#48    littlemonster92

littlemonster92

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 14 January 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

It is apart of your new lifestyle, but you sound a little prone to it aswell. Just maintain an even observers attitude. When you find yourself being frightened... Relax... Go limp... Maintain and observers prespective  not a victims... Watch what happens. You might be blown away. Of course getting rid of the partying is no a bad idea aswell. But hey... College is only once. Just get good grades, take as many internships as you can, and don't make a habit of your current night life. You will be alright. ;)

Yeah I did think my new lifestyle would have something to do with it, thanks for the reply! I always try and describe these dreams/hallucinations to my friends but seen as they haven't experienced them they don't understand. Is it true that sleep paralysis can help with astral travel?? I heard it was and had an attempt however on the first try my eyes started vibrating which felt uncomfortable so I opened them and lost the relaxed state I was in. On the second attempt I laid completely still and tried to relax following some tips I read online. What happened was hard to describe and felt very weird, my body just felt strange I can't really describe it but once again I was disturbed. I haven't tried it since

#49    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,099 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

View Postlittlemonster92, on 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Yeah I did think my new lifestyle would have something to do with it, thanks for the reply! I always try and describe these dreams/hallucinations to my friends but seen as they haven't experienced them they don't understand. Is it true that sleep paralysis can help with astral travel?? I heard it was and had an attempt however on the first try my eyes started vibrating which felt uncomfortable so I opened them and lost the relaxed state I was in. On the second attempt I laid completely still and tried to relax following some tips I read online. What happened was hard to describe and felt very weird, my body just felt strange I can't really describe it but once again I was disturbed. I haven't tried it since
People's minds tend to reject experiences that that are completely foreign in sensation... It's pretty standard to be creeped out. You just have to learn to get over it. Getting older helps.

Yes SP Is an altered state of conciousness just like AP. Just another layer on a large continuum.

Bruce Lee-

#50    Annaaa

Annaaa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hello :)
I got an interesting story to share... also I have no idea what exactly happened so please help? I guess I went into some kind of combination between lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis... or maybe dreamed about having a sleep paralysis? So I went to sleep, very very tired and stressed out (I had an exam that day and one more 2 days later). I dreamed about chatting with someone on facebook. I fell asleep and that facebook pop sound woke me up, but I couldn't move a muscle. I figured out it was sleep paralysis and didn't panic. I opened my eyes, the laptop screen froze and I tried to wake it up tapping the touchpad. After I barely managed to move my hand, it seemed that it wasn't long enough to reach the laptop... so I used my leg instead (yes, it seemed like totally normal and obvious thing to do xD). When I tried to moved, I heard that funny noise in my ears like strestching after a long sleep. I stopped trying to move and just stayed there and waited for my body to wake up. When it did, there was no laptop there, no facebook pop sounds. Half an hour later. My heart ran like crazy also.
So... what just happened? Any ideas? :D I'm really curious.

#51    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostAnnaaa, on 03 July 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hello :)
I got an interesting story to share... also I have no idea what exactly happened so please help? I guess I went into some kind of combination between lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis... or maybe dreamed about having a sleep paralysis? So I went to sleep, very very tired and stressed out (I had an exam that day and one more 2 days later). I dreamed about chatting with someone on facebook. I fell asleep and that facebook pop sound woke me up, but I couldn't move a muscle. I figured out it was sleep paralysis and didn't panic. I opened my eyes, the laptop screen froze and I tried to wake it up tapping the touchpad. After I barely managed to move my hand, it seemed that it wasn't long enough to reach the laptop... so I used my leg instead (yes, it seemed like totally normal and obvious thing to do xD). When I tried to moved, I heard that funny noise in my ears like strestching after a long sleep. I stopped trying to move and just stayed there and waited for my body to wake up. When it did, there was no laptop there, no facebook pop sounds. Half an hour later. My heart ran like crazy also.
So... what just happened? Any ideas? :D I'm really curious.
Altered state manifestations. Cool! Yes! When you relax instead of panic all kinds of neat things can happen.

Bruce Lee-

#52    Aroob

Aroob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

hi
i just got to know that there was actually a forum on the internet for sleep paralysis so i joined. Ive been experiencing this since many years and it happens every other day, sometimes multiple times in one night. Sometimes it does not happen for weeks but at times there are episodes every other day.
The weird part is that sometimes before going to bed i can actually tell that such an episode is going to take place and it does !! does this happen to somebody else too ??
Anyways i wanted to share my experiences and there are many of them, im going to quote a few but if somebody is interested in knowing more about the experiences i can share more.
Ive heard many times that if you do not sleep on your back, you do not have an episode of sleep paralysis but somehow i experience it in whatever position im sleeping.
One time i was home alone on a weekend and was planning to sleep in late, suddenly i woke up n it was light in the room, i looked at the clock and it was 9 a.m. I tried to get up but realized that i could not move-my body was totally paralyzed but i could move my eyes. Then suddenly something caught my attention ...there were three kids peeping through the bedroom door at me and they were giggling ... the moment they saw that i was looking at them they came in and sat on the floor. there were two boys and one girl and the girl had some kind of white veil on her face and i could see right through it ... they just sat on the floor, giggled and talked in whispers and pointed at me ... there was nothing innocent about those kids, there was pure evil in their laugh and something sinister in their eyes. It was like they could feel my fear and were enjoying it, there was something particularly evil about that little girl.
My heart started racing and i thought i was going to have a heart attack, i said all the prayers i knew n kept trying to move, after a few minutes, movement returned to my fingers n i could move my head. i started moving my head violently while trying to make a sound at the same time... and then it was all over ...

#53    Aroob

Aroob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

once during an episode of sleep paralysis i saw 4 women clad in black hoods ... two were sitting near my feet, and the the other two were sitting either side of me.
im not sure whether they were really women as they were clad in hoods but they sure did look feminish. Each of them was holding an oil lamp in their hand and they were chanting something. I got so freaked out that i thought i was going to die of fear. i put every ounce of effort into trying to move and then when i finally could i signed with relief and went back to sleep.
Just when i was going into a deep sleep it happened again, this time there was a huge black bird that was circling the room and then it swooped down on me, i shut my eyes tight and then i could move again. after this i tried not to sleep that night ... but even then i dozed off and it happened again. This time i woke up to find that i had slept with my hands above my head and there was somebody who was holding my wrists tight. i tried to break free but couldnt move. After this episode of sleep paralysis i did not sleep that night at all.
This often happens with me and each time there is some new horrible hallucination.
The worst part is that they are soo real that even though i try to calm myself by thinking that such things can not possible be happening in reality, even then i can not help freaking out and panicking.
Sometimes i feel im going to die someday due to a heart attack during my sleep because of these hallucinations.

#54    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,099 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostAroob, on 06 July 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

once during an episode of sleep paralysis i saw 4 women clad in black hoods ... two were sitting near my feet, and the the other two were sitting either side of me.
im not sure whether they were really women as they were clad in hoods but they sure did look feminish. Each of them was holding an oil lamp in their hand and they were chanting something. I got so freaked out that i thought i was going to die of fear. i put every ounce of effort into trying to move and then when i finally could i signed with relief and went back to sleep.
Just when i was going into a deep sleep it happened again, this time there was a huge black bird that was circling the room and then it swooped down on me, i shut my eyes tight and then i could move again. after this i tried not to sleep that night ... but even then i dozed off and it happened again. This time i woke up to find that i had slept with my hands above my head and there was somebody who was holding my wrists tight. i tried to break free but couldnt move. After this episode of sleep paralysis i did not sleep that night at all.
This often happens with me and each time there is some new horrible hallucination.
The worst part is that they are soo real that even though i try to calm myself by thinking that such things can not possible be happening in reality, even then i can not help freaking out and panicking.
Sometimes i feel im going to die someday due to a heart attack during my sleep because of these hallucinations.
I'm sorry to hear this but I do know what you are going through. Try to relax close your eyes and adopt a go with the flow attitude. You may discover that you are talented at initiating altered states of consciousness. Ill pm you a video. You are welcome to pm me anytime and I will attempt to walk you through a few ways that you can beat this forever.

Bruce Lee-

#55    Aroob

Aroob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 07 July 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

I'm sorry to hear this but I do know what you are going through. Try to relax close your eyes and adopt a go with the flow attitude. You may discover that you are talented at initiating altered states of consciousness. Ill pm you a video. You are welcome to pm me anytime and I will attempt to walk you through a few ways that you can beat this forever.

#56    Aroob

Aroob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Gh

#57    Aroob

Aroob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Closing my eyes makes it worse as i get this ominous feeling that something very evil is about to happen n if i keep my eyes open i might be able to avoid it

Edited by Aroob, 09 July 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#58    Uncle Papoose

Uncle Papoose

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

I have been going through these sleep paralysis for about 15 years.  I chalked them up as bad nightmares and to accept and move on.  But now as I am getting older, this is real. And i want to learn what is happening.  I usually experience panic, horror, hopelessness, saddness, terror. I remember these attacks occuring with in 1 - 2 hours of falling asleep.  Or in the middle of the night (It does not discriminate on time).  I clearly remember one specific attack in 2009.  I feel asleep with the TV on.  I may of been asleep for all about 50 mins when I felt this feeling of fear overcome me in my dream.  I opened my eyes, could see the TV, my room, my walls, etc... I see everything, I feel as if I am awake, but I cant snap out of it.  I keep saying to myself, "wake up, wake up, come on now, get up"  After fighting this fear and not enjoying this dream at all something dark blocks the view of the TV.  I see something there because the tv screen is partially blocked.  Its hard to piece it together, but the next thing that happens is something overtop of me or in my face.  I felt as if it was roaring.  It was a sound of a rollercoaster.  I was overcome by with every bad emotional feeling one can feel and express.  My instinct was to yell, but I can't.  I am yelling as loud as I can.  I cant believe this is happening.  What is taking place.  I have no idea how much time elapsed.  But I was eventually rescued by my brother sleeping in the next room.  He heard me moaning or a muffeled sound.  He had to shake me a few times to awake me.

I don't think I am being visited by spirits, demons, aliens, etc... (I could be wrong)  It is just the most fearful thing I have ever experienced.  I dont understand either.  I can only imagine this has to be some what of experiencing death.  Why would my mind create this horror.  I enjoy dreaming of girls and adventures.  Not deathlike images accompanied with pure savage saddness.

#59    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,099 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostUncle Papoose, on 09 July 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

I have been going through these sleep paralysis for about 15 years.  I chalked them up as bad nightmares and to accept and move on.  But now as I am getting older, this is real. And i want to learn what is happening.  I usually experience panic, horror, hopelessness, saddness, terror. I remember these attacks occuring with in 1 - 2 hours of falling asleep.  Or in the middle of the night (It does not discriminate on time).  I clearly remember one specific attack in 2009.  I feel asleep with the TV on.  I may of been asleep for all about 50 mins when I felt this feeling of fear overcome me in my dream.  I opened my eyes, could see the TV, my room, my walls, etc... I see everything, I feel as if I am awake, but I cant snap out of it.  I keep saying to myself, "wake up, wake up, come on now, get up"  After fighting this fear and not enjoying this dream at all something dark blocks the view of the TV.  I see something there because the tv screen is partially blocked.  Its hard to piece it together, but the next thing that happens is something overtop of me or in my face.  I felt as if it was roaring.  It was a sound of a rollercoaster.  I was overcome by with every bad emotional feeling one can feel and express.  My instinct was to yell, but I can't.  I am yelling as loud as I can.  I cant believe this is happening.  What is taking place.  I have no idea how much time elapsed.  But I was eventually rescued by my brother sleeping in the next room.  He heard me moaning or a muffeled sound.  He had to shake me a few times to awake me.

I don't think I am being visited by spirits, demons, aliens, etc... (I could be wrong)  It is just the most fearful thing I have ever experienced.  I dont understand either.  I can only imagine this has to be some what of experiencing death.  Why would my mind create this horror.  I enjoy dreaming of girls and adventures.  Not deathlike images accompanied with pure savage saddness.
It doesn't have to be that way. The cascading emotions are a bit of a feed back loop. It can be turned around I promise.

Bruce Lee-

#60    Floridababe

Floridababe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

I joined today also because I am happy to find people like myself whom have had this happen to them. I noticed reading through other's stories no mention of any sexual type encounters. My SP's always includes sexual touching..pinching my nipples...probing my vagina and intense tingling..I swear I thought I was being visited by an alien!
I found this article :

http://www.spiritual...sleep-paralysis

In it it does mention sexual "abuse" as something that happens....anyone else have that experience? I am not fearful now because I have finally identified SP and that you can use it to learn to astral travel...getting the book by the guy who had this happening for years and years and he now uses the incidents to astral travel..that I want to do!

Also tagged with dreams, sleep, hallucinations, sleep paralysis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users