Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Experiences Change Minds?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1    Whiteplume

Whiteplume

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• “The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.” - Anais Nin

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Have you ever had an experience that changed your mind regarding the paranormal? For instance, did you once believe in ghosts, but an event changed your mind? Or, conversely, did you once not believe, but then have a ghostly experience? I'd love to hear your stories.

#2    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Is shared this story, you may be interested in :)

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=232574

#3    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostWhiteplume, on 27 September 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Have you ever had an experience that changed your mind regarding the paranormal? For instance, did you once believe in ghosts, but an event changed your mind? Or, conversely, did you once not believe, but then have a ghostly experience? I'd love to hear your stories.

I'd suspect in one degree or another just about everyone on UM is here because they have had experience/s that they are seeking to find answers or some kind of logic to. If you don't get adequate responses perhaps you can ask a moderator to send this to the paranormal section and maybe get more answers there. :)

SINcerely,
:devil:

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#4    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Every experience a person has, every day, evolves their understanding of their world them selves and their relationship with their world. "Big" experiences make big changes but minor ones make minor and cumulative ones. At this point in time, every one of us is a product of our life experiences, combined with how we have chosen to interpret those experiences.

If you go back through a number of the forums you will find many examples of what you seek; from angels and demons, to ghosts and goblins. My life has seen many different experiences The one which brought me to UM seeking knowledge was the opening of a doorway in the sky which swept down, through, and around me, on a dark moonless night.
http://www.unexplain...wtopic=54835=

Edited by Mr Walker, 28 September 2012 - 12:43 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#5    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hmm .. I Did Not Have An Experience Per Se, But Over The Years I've Started Believing More And More That Demons/ Poltergeists And Such Are Simply Projections From Our Own Mind ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Actually, I haven't. I've had no paranormal experiences of any kind, a bit disappointing in my book but it's why I'm a skeptic I suppose. I don't disagree about these things, since there's no proof either way, it's the reason I usually stay out of topics about ghosts and psychics. Since I haven't experienced anything first hand and many people have, I can't argue with them, wouldn't be fair on either end of the argument.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,870 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I've seen some strange things in my day, but the more I learned the more I realized that the things I had seen had natural explanations.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 28 September 2012 - 01:28 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#8    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

I think it is more important to understand why we have a need to believe or not to believe.

#9    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,116 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have never had  an paranormal experience and neither do I believe in them .I think the people that claim to have had them are highly susceptible types

fullywired

Edited by fullywired, 28 September 2012 - 07:01 PM.

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#10    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Postfullywired, on 28 September 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

I have never had  an paranormal experience and neither do I believe in them .I think the people that claim to have had them are highly susceptible types

fullywired

Highly susceptible types....what do you mean?

#11    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,116 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostBling, on 28 September 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Highly susceptible types....what do you mean?

Highly impressionable types If you like it better
    fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#12    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

View Postfullywired, on 28 September 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

fullywired
Well I disagree. I've experienced poltergeist activity and I'm not 'highly impressionable'. I guess seeing is believing, maybe one day you'll see something that will change your mind!

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postfullywired, on 28 September 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

fullywired

Hahahaha

that's funny and quite an assumption.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 28 September 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

I've seen some strange things in my day, but the more I learned the more I realized that the things I had seen had natural explanations.
The issue here is how one defines natural /supernatural. IMO and experience everythng is natural ie connected to, and a part of, a wider nature but when we dont know or cant see the connections, we label things supernatural.

For example, as an extreme example, "god" is a natural entity and integrated into the whole of nature, just like we are. But we dont know just how, ATM, and so, to some, god seems to stand outside of nature /the natural world and exist as a supernatural entity.

The same with ghosts, poltergeists, telekinesis, clair voyance, mind reading etc These things are somehow a part of, and integrated into, the totality of the real and natural world. We just haven't worked out how, as yet.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#15    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

saw a UFO pretty anti climatic tho just flew over and did some kinda weird things but nothing mind blowing, always liked aliens but i never thought they visited earth before that now im questioning alot of things. but im not 100% positive but my experience sways me to the idea that they have visited and are possibly still here.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users