Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Death March ghosts of WW2

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

The Daily Mail has a photograph taken by retired british Major John Tulloch, when he was in BorenoI that  shows these ghostly figures,looking like skeletons walking in a line.They may be the ghosts of allied soldiers re-enacting the Sandakan Death March,which happend in the area where he took the phot.By The way, this photo was taken in broad day light.

The website is wwww.dailymail.co.uk It's so sad to think these poor men are endlessly walking and have no peace in death.
The photo is very eerie indeed.

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,995 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

I was looking at this earlier today. Here's the source link -

http://www.dailymail...route-took.html

However in the article it says -

It is thought the astonishing photographic illusion was caused by a the reflection of a patterned towel which was on the dashboard of the vehicle as he took the image.

Posted Image

#3    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

The one thing i find is that is its a load of rubbish...it is disrespectful to see a silly fake photograph like that.. :hmm:

eta to clarify...ive toured (worked due to military)many old battle grounds and old concentration camps..they are quiet sombre places..which is as they should be..they do not need 'hunters' looking for a story..

Edited by ThePhantomFlanFlinger, 28 September 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,172 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

There usually is a logical explanation.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,800 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Even if I believed in ghosts I can't imagine THOSE poor souls being tormented in such a way.......

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Just looks like smudges on glass to me.

#7    jackball74

jackball74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

I'd like to see the towel that supposedly caused the reflection.  Seems like there's more to this picture than that.  In my opinion the figures look a little too staged and "perfect" - you can make out quite a few details.  Plus you rarely see ghost photos of skeletons, and most of them are highly questionable.

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,088 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

They all seem to be "bent" or hunched over in the same manner.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Looks like it's shot through plexiglass or something.

#10    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,147 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thats pretty fake ..there are no ghosts in that picture.the guy have tryed a litte harder to fake a better picture lol

#11    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

Not even good fake, not even good photoshop fake. Jeez, a ten year old with a box of Crayolas could have come out better.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostHollyDolly, on 28 September 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

The Daily Mail has a photograph.....

I pretty much stopped reading right there.

It's clearly a reflection on the windshield as it SAYS IN THE FREAKING ARTICLE.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    deathlord9876

deathlord9876

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Its good USA dropped the Nuclear bombs on Japan.The japanese deserved the bombings.Those cowards tortured a great grand uncle of one of my friends from the USA during WW2 and many other soldiers from the Allied forces.When in reality the japanese POW's captured by either the British or the Japanese were treated kindly.Hell if I was in President Harry Truman's shoes at that time I would have had Japan nuked completely out of existence.

Edited by deathlord9876, 21 December 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#14    oldsoldier

oldsoldier

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

My late Uncle Joe Zylstra fought the Japanese in the Phillipines in 1942 and was captured and spent a time in a pow camp before Filipino guerillas affected his release. He contacted malaria which he had for the rest of his too short life, spent three years in a vets rehabilitation centre and could not sleep unless he was full of whiskey-hence he became an alcoholic and died of liver failure back in 1976. He threw away his medals he was awarded and felt so strongly about japanese that when he saw a japanese descended american on the street he would cross to the other side to avoid them. I served two years in Japan and Okinawa and saw how fiece and fanatical the japanese soldiers fought on Okinawa-the more fanatical the nearer the allies came to the japanese mainland so I Know Harry S Trumann had Every right to drop those bombs as nothing else outside of a full invasion would have stopped the japanese military machine! Though I found ordinary japanese people very friendly and Nothing like their soldiers

#15    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yes, this has been explained by different members here. You can clearly see this was taken through glass and as a result you're capturing this "ghost" image. The only mystery here is if it were purposely faked or if it was just terrible photography and naivety in such matters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users