Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

What's a random thing that scares you?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#241    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Kannin, for your viewing pleasure :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

And Finally

Posted Image

Sorry couldn't resist.

#242    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

LOL @ Zombie-gnomes, hysterical. :D

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#243    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostEllJay, on 22 June 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

You mean like the Exorcist "spider-walk"? >>
Yeah that scares the crap outta me, the first time I saw that I think I threw up lol, But I hate when they bend in ways humans aren't generally able to bend and there head turns all the way around....smh

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#244    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

I'm not a Mutant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostEllJay, on 22 June 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Like the facet-eyes of a fly?

Posted Image

This one, not really. Interestingly, when things are zoomed in, I find a little comfort in the fact that it is zoomed in.

I'm talking water bugs with little babies on it's back. and the backs of ASSASSIN BUGS... oooh... don't even go there. Just google assasin bug, see that first image to the right.

For me, it's a very very specific fear.

#245    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostSpace_Jockey, on 24 June 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

This one, not really. Interestingly, when things are zoomed in, I find a little comfort in the fact that it is zoomed in.

I'm talking water bugs with little babies on it's back. and the backs of ASSASSIN BUGS... oooh... don't even go there. Just google assasin bug, see that first image to the right.

For me, it's a very very specific fear.

Was it that one with the black/yellow/orange bug sitting on a green leaf?
That is one "custom-made" fear you have there.:)  Interesting. Do you have any clue from where it might derive from? Childhood experience of some sort? Or was it "built in" to you from birth?

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#246    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 23 June 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Yeah that scares the crap outta me, the first time I saw that I think I threw up lol, But I hate when they bend in ways humans aren't generally able to bend and there head turns all the way around....smh

Yeah, that spider-walk wasn't in the first edition of the Exorcist, so when I saw the Directors-cut, or what it was,  I wasn't prepared. I think I threw up and fainted at the same time. :D
I think it is the "bug-connection" one gets that feels scary and unnatural.
This clip here below isn't that scary, but a bit gross and funny at the same time, and it is a bit bug-like.

#247    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 22 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Kannin, for your viewing pleasure :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

And Finally

Posted Image
\wow thanx scared for life lol

Sorry couldn't resist.

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#248    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostEllJay, on 22 June 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Aah lol. Yeah, gnomes and clown-dolls are pretty high on some peoples fear-list, but muppets? Like Kermit the frog?
especially kermit

not a fear but a huge iritation to me that almost scared me are doylies(not amped on spelling atm)

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#249    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostEllJay, on 24 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Yeah, that spider-walk wasn't in the first edition of the Exorcist, so when I saw the Directors-cut, or what it was,  I wasn't prepared. I think I threw up and fainted at the same time. :D
I think it is the "bug-connection" one gets that feels scary and unnatural.
This clip here below isn't that scary, but a bit gross and funny at the same time, and it is a bit bug-like.

hahahaha I remember I saw that movie with my ex and that scene scared the ish out of her

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#250    Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:52 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 09 June 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Well, last night I was bugging my daughter and asked if she wanted to watch Candyman.  She asked what it was about.  I told her that a person says "Candyman, Candyman..." and that it had to be said a third time.  She asked me a question and I said Candyman again.  I got a little twinge of superstition.  My fear would be what if that actually came true?  Kinda creeped me out. Lol

well, then it would have happened before that, because you said it 4 times, the first when you asked her if she wanted to watch it.

#251    Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

you know the rake? when I was five, I saw a shadow that looked like a sloth, but with a human face and gaunt, bald body, look down at my bed from the ceiling. I was out. No matter how I moved the furniture, it was there. My mom, after the third night, had someone make me a dream catcher. It went away. A week ago, I was on creepypasta.com and read the rake. I was upset with the description, but since it never moved, spoke, or did anything but watch me, I decided it was just a story. But I looked it up on google images, and nearly peed my pants. The thing someone had captured on camera was what had haunted me. However, it hasn't comeback.My theory is that it was a minor demon called, by me, as a enemy of sleep, or a haunter of dreams. Maybe the rake is just made up by someone who saw one asa kid. But the pic scares me.

#252    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostThinkbeforeyoucomment, on 06 July 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

you know the rake? when I was five, I saw a shadow that looked like a sloth, but with a human face and gaunt, bald body, look down at my bed from the ceiling. I was out. No matter how I moved the furniture, it was there. My mom, after the third night, had someone make me a dream catcher. It went away. A week ago, I was on creepypasta.com and read the rake. I was upset with the description, but since it never moved, spoke, or did anything but watch me, I decided it was just a story. But I looked it up on google images, and nearly peed my pants. The thing someone had captured on camera was what had haunted me. However, it hasn't comeback.My theory is that it was a minor demon called, by me, as a enemy of sleep, or a haunter of dreams. Maybe the rake is just made up by someone who saw one asa kid. But the pic scares me.
I try to sleep very little now because my nightmares are horrific

#253    Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostEllJay, on 21 June 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

I have a totally irrational scare, and that is that while sitting on the toilet a snake has managed to worm itself up through the pipes and bite me in the ***, or even worse. I have never been a subject to such an attack, neither do I know anyone who have been attacked. I don't even live in a country with any really poisonous or big snakes. I have though, read about some people being bit just that way, and for some reason it has stuck with me. It's not that big of a scare that I avoid going to the bathroom, or that I constantly look down the toilet while sitting on it. It's more of a irritating, haunting  thought that lingers in the back of my head. :o :)

That's because all animals, even humans, are most vunerable while eliminating wastes. And toilets are connected to the sewers, which are a dark, cramped, andspooky place. it makes sense to have afear something is going to get you in your most sensitive place,.

#254    Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 06 July 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

I try to sleep very little now because my nightmares are horrific

Can't control your dreams? wow. I've heard of people who couldn't control their dreams. Have you tried not reading anything scary, or watching something funny or relaxing before you sleep? Also, when you see freddy or whatever is chasing you, use the harry potter technique. Think of it turning into a full moon.

#255    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,967 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Man, I do love some snakes..

All I can think of to be afraid of is losing reason or a sense of being.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users