Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

What's a random thing that scares you?

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#316    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

The roll of the dice.

#317    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

bathtub drains

see, when i was a kid, someone told me that if you were in the bathroom when the tub finished draining, you would die. so you had to do whatever you could to be out before it finished. and i didn't believe it, of course, except for the part of me that always did, and would rush to get dry and dressed as quickly as i could. even now i get nervous if i'm in that situation.

from such building blocks, the magic of childhood is made.

#318    Fenderman

Fenderman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• Keep calm and don't blink

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Statues have been kinda creepy ever since that Doctor Who Episode. Probably because I watched it at 3 AM when I couldn't get to sleep and I had a statue in my house downstairs. Mirrors can be kinda creepy too.

#319    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostFenderman, on 26 August 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Statues have been kinda creepy ever since that Doctor Who Episode. Probably because I watched it at 3 AM when I couldn't get to sleep and I had a statue in my house downstairs. Mirrors can be kinda creepy too.

I say this to you in the softest breath, 'Weeping Angels.'

:tsu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#320    Fenderman

Fenderman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• Keep calm and don't blink

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostAsadora, on 26 August 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I say this to you in the softest breath, 'Weeping Angels.'

:tsu:

Easily the creepiest episode along with The Empty Child. It doesn't help that there are statues all over my hometown, including an entire huge store that only sells stone statues. No clue how they've stayed open so long. It's probably a front for some drug operation.

#321    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Flying insects. Anything that flies and stings. Especially wasps.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#322    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Snakes.  Snakes and rape.

#323    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Snakes are reflexive and rather dumb and the poisonous ones are to be respected, but there is nothing to really be afraid of; just be careful and know about the poisonous ones where you live.

#324    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostFenderman, on 27 August 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Easily the creepiest episode along with The Empty Child. It doesn't help that there are statues all over my hometown, including an entire huge store that only sells stone statues. No clue how they've stayed open so long. It's probably a front for some drug operation.
Yea they make me nervous and I give them wide berth, but there are scarier things -- a wasp sting is merely unpleasant for most people.

#325    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

I was joking about the snakes and rape. I've had way to many to count as temporary pets.  All have been caught in the wild and that's where they go back to when i release them. As for the venomous ones, yes they are to be respected and treated with care. For the most part, All snakes should be treated with care. As well as any other animal. AS for something that really scares me, I have nothing. Fear is a sickness. It warps and twists the mind, as well as poisons the heart. Fear is something that can be abolished. And should be. I understand for some it is very ard to overcome irrational fears, hence the name irrational. But with hard work and a great support system anything can be overcome.

#326    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,428 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Lot's of things scare me.   Being outside in the dark .. sometimes i'm fine,, but other times i'm convinced that  SOMETHING  is gonna get me and panic sets in!!! I always laugh at myself ... after i've run to safety !!!!   I'm pretty sure there's a boogity boogity down by the garden after dark.

I'm a little afraid of horses,  and dogs.   Other drivers scare me and THICK traffic traveling at warp speed !

* Drowning ... Suffocation ...   High winds ...  War ...  Death ..Taxes..     and ya mirrors are a little spooky too.

Edited by lightly, 08 September 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#327    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

I think the few times I've been in serious danger I've also been so angry I didn't notice.  It was only later when I could think about it that I experienced fear.  This all happened when I was much younger.

#328    littlewallflower

littlewallflower

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 162 posts

• Poetry in the way that the moon finds someone to love every night, even if they do not notice her watching silently from above.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Aquariums.
Mostly the shark tunnel part, and sharks in general.

I'm also terrified of things that crawl weird.

Posted Image

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"- Edgar Allan Poe

#329    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

More people die each year from coconuts than from sharks.

#330    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

You have a better chance of dying on your doorstep than from a shark. Even though most shark bites generally cause you to bleed out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users