Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

The Problem with Magick

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think

#2    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

idk maybe it is real or not but the "affects" of it seem very small, so i think you could probably put that time and effort into something else but again what do i know (only got a 20 out of 50 on the UM smart test >.>)

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#3    Cora Calliope

Cora Calliope

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

• "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

To be honest, I've never tried magick, so I won't say anything either for or against. However, I will say that I have a few friends who are neopagan and practice magick. They have had success with it.

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,646 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

A bit like prayer?

#5    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,411 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Useless = No, it has worked for me countless times, far too many times to list, more often than not, I would be brave enough to say.
Unpredictable = May be at first, because of lack of practise, understanding of certain key point/elements which make up the whole or arrogance, ignorance, even the timings.... All play their part.
Limited = I am not sure I am still working on a few things that as yet have not been made manifest but as I said there are timings to these things. Somethings take time. So, limited...I am still researching into it and can not say with clarity that it is limited.
Practicality = I do not find it impractical....How do you mean exactly?
Problem of negative spirits = Hmmmmmm, just walk down the street, listen to a conversation at work or at the bus stop...Where ever what ever you do or go, there is someone negative, spewing negativity, don't need some shadowy spirit to blame....But really, i need you to be a bit clearer about these negative spirits of which you speak. To be able to answer more fully.
I think i have covered all your point.

#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,959 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

You mean problems other than it not being real?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#7    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,411 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

to you.

#8    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,959 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostBlue Star, on 29 September 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

to you.

To pretty much the entire world. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#9    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,717 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

View PostBlueogre2, on 29 September 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think

I dont call it magic but something very similar is a very important and powerful part of my life. I dont find it trivial or limited. It works as well as machines do,  and nature does. One just has to understand it, make oneself a part of it, and utilise it.

PArt of my understanding, is that i am never negative. I cant be. There are no doubts, or worries,  or fears, to hold me back. MAybe thats why magic works so well and consistently for me. I know it exists. I know it works, and so it does.

But as i said; to me its not magic but miracle. The power(s) granted through being a part of the universe /cosmic consciousness/god.

This power/magic permeates me and the universe, and makes many things possible.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#10    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,717 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 29 September 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Have those warts gone away yet? :devil:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#11    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 29 September 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

A bit like prayer?

depends on who your praying to
they do say: be careful what you pray for

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#12    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 30 September 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

I dont call it magic but something very similar is a very important and powerful part of my life. I dont find it trivial or limited. It works as well as machines do,  and nature does. One just has to understand it, make oneself a part of it, and utilise it.

PArt of my understanding, is that i am never negative. I cant be. There are no doubts, or worries,  or fears, to hold me back. MAybe thats why magic works so well and consistently for me. I know it exists. I know it works, and so it does.

But as i said; to me its not magic but miracle. The power(s) granted through being a part of the universe /cosmic consciousness/god.

This power/magic permeates me and the universe, and makes many things possible.

:) yes, I agree with this

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,646 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 30 September 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

depends on who your praying to
they do say: be careful what you pray for
Posted Image

#14    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,411 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 29 September 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

I really can't be bothered with you.
If you had bothered to read what I had written, you would have noted that I am in the process of research and exploration into these very things but no.

Saying that you are in the majority (Pretty much the entire world) is foolish, as really you don't come across to me as someone qualified to say so.
Even if you could prove that you were in the majority and that majority believed magic isn't real..... That, quite honestly wouldn't mean anything to me. Not when you consider such things as the long held belief that the world was flat or that.... Oh really, don't you get bored of being so bland?
There's a lot more people on this world than you and your narrow mindedness seems to be aware of.
I really can't be @rsed.

#15    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Well, when I personally dabbled in magic and the occult I remember carrying out a little something which indeed worked very well and thankfully had no noticeable negative side effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users