Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

US military leaders on childhood obesity

military schools childhood obesity

  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,505 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Diabetes can be thwarted with chromium.
More people die from low cholesterol than with high cholesterol. And many people's livers and muscles are completely ruined because they took statins. And statins actually GIVE one Diabetes. So do chemo drugs.

Low peer relationships don't seem to be a factor. When there are more people in children's classes wanting to be professional atheletes than scientists, there is a seriously problem. In fact, it is my understanding that the USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports. Why do you suppose that is?

Just to let you know:
The USA is also the only country in the world to nuke another country. Our military cannot take the high grounds on anything, as far as I am concerned. They obviously do not care about  life. Why on earth would they care about kids being fat? I call it PATHOLOGICAL ALTRUISM: which means the military is altruistic only for their own gains.

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0199738572

View PostWearer of Hats, on 01 October 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Safer from what?
Certainly not childhood diabetes, later life stroke, heart attack, cancer, high blood pressure (which can also cause stroke and heart attack), low peer relationships. low self esteem...
But yes, they're safe from being used by the evil military industrial complex who never take unfit people and know how to turn them not only into trained killers but fit ones.


Edited by regeneratia, 03 October 2012 - 02:13 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#47    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,505 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Oh I forgot, only military leaders are allowed to be smug. My bad.

You interpret it as smug, because you cannot see my face to accurately assess that. However, I can say that I do not feel in the slightest smug.

I am a nurse. I know some things about the body. I took lots and lots of science classes. But I couldn't do surgery on ya. And I know more about the body that most military officers who are non-medical.

I don't think there are any rules against having personal feelings. Isn't that what the military was trying to stir in us when they posted photos of that baby they found in Afghanistan? Isn't that what military psyops is aimed at, personally feelings?  There is nothing whatsoever wrong with personal feelings. And I would certainly never, never trust anyone who is completely rational, because it would be faked rationality.

I am proud to have personal feelings and thoughts that are not guided externally.

I just don't get your logic. It doesn't follow prescribed  or standard paths.

The military thinking and acting as if I do not have a say in my child's rearing and education is atrocious.
No doubt about it, our children are safer from these professional killers fat (personal feelings completely intact.)

View PostRender, on 01 October 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well if the military can't have an opinion on obesity that why do you think you should get one?
I bet they get a whole lot more exercise than you do, and know a whole lot more about the body and how it works than you do. Since it's kinda important for them with the whole - staying alive - thing.

And to let your personal feelings get in the way of an argument because something happened with one officer related to your familiy in some way ... how the world would be if everybody thought like you.
"i hate bananas, they should be banned , because one day my friends sister went to a shop and there was a rotten banana in the apple stock pile"
this is your logic, notice how it is not valid.


Edited by regeneratia, 03 October 2012 - 02:50 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#48    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,736 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Out of shape cannon fodder need not apply, eh?  It's all good though, if a person is overweight simply due to laziness and bad eating, they do need to get back on track for their own health. However, if it's a medical or psychological issue that is the cause, then definitely more leniency should be given. Out of whack hormones can really screw people up, most of the time they don't even realize that's what it is. Also, the heavier you are, if you're a man, the more estrogen you produce which makes weight loss extreemely difficult over time.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 03 October 2012 - 03:11 PM.


#49    aztek

aztek

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,810 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 01 October 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Our children are safer fat.
no they aren't. they are sick, unatractive, and get bullied in school, and the reason is YOU, and likes of you. good luck with you blood pressure, clogged arterries, and life filled with health problems.

View Postregeneratia, on 30 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

There is research to indicate that that indeed is NOT true.

.
no?? lol, than your reasearch is wortless.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#50    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,736 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

New research has actually shown that fat kids are generally not as smart scholastically either. Before I get tons of argumentative replies, I'm quoting a research study. It actually makes sense, without proper nutrition, your brain cannot function at optimal levels, especially on a diet of high fructose corn syrup. If a child is fat, at least give them omega 3 kid's supplements.

http://www.forbes.co...en-you-back-up/


Also:





A predominantly processed-food diet at the age of three is directly associated with a lower IQ at the age of eight and a half, according to a Bristol-based study of thousands of British children.  The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children is tracking the long-term health and wellbeing of around 14,000 children.  Food packed with vitamins and nutrients notably helped boost mental performance as youngsters got older, the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health reports. [...]
“This suggests that any cognitive/behavioural effects relating to eating habits in early childhood may well persist into later childhood, despite any subsequent changes to dietary intake,” the authors wrote.
During the study, parents completed questionnaires detailing the types and frequency of the food and drink their children consumed when they were three, four, seven and eight-and-a-half years old.  Every one-point increase in the study’s dietary pattern score – a record of processed fat intake – was associated with a 1.67-point fall in IQ. [...]
The School Food Trust’s director of research, Michael Nelson, said: “Given that around 23% of children start school either overweight or obese, it’s absolutely clear that healthy choices as part of their early development will stand children in good stead – not only for keeping a healthy weight as they grow up, but as this evidence suggests, improving their ability to do well at school.
“These findings also demonstrate the importance of helping everyone involved with children’s early development to get the information and advice they need on good nutrition.”



Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 03 October 2012 - 03:36 PM.


#51    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,765 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 October 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:


Low peer relationships don't seem to be a factor. When there are more people in children's classes wanting to be professional atheletes than scientists, there is a seriously problem. In fact, it is my understanding that the USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports. Why do you suppose that is?


My question is why you believe that?

http://www.ukelite.com/high_school.jsp


#52    aztek

aztek

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,810 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

yet despite of USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports. (lol, sure), we have 23% of overweight and obese kids, whose parents think, (and teach them ), that this is all good, and safe.
no other country in the world has such problem. and it is only getting worst here. i have seen too many 30year old ppl with 150\100 bp daily, stents in arteries, liver and kedney problems, and having to take serious medication for the rest of their life. (which gives them even more problems down the line.
yea, that is sure safe way of life.

Edited by aztek, 03 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#53    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,736 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Postaztek, on 03 October 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

yet despite of USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports. (lol, sure), we have 23% of overweight and obese kids, whose parents think, (and teach them ), that this is all good, and safe.
no other country in the world has such problem. and it is only getting worst here. i have seen too many 30year old ppl with 150\100 bp daily, stents in arteries, liver and kedney problems, and having to take serious medication for the rest of their life. (which gives them even more problems down the line.
yea, that is sure safe way of life.

Yeah, the study I quoted was for British children, I can't even imagine how bad things are in the states, probably 35-40%


#54    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 October 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Diabetes can be thwarted with chromium.
More people die from low cholesterol than with high cholesterol. And many people's livers and muscles are completely ruined because they took statins. And statins actually GIVE one Diabetes. So do chemo drugs.

Low peer relationships don't seem to be a factor. When there are more people in children's classes wanting to be professional atheletes than scientists, there is a seriously problem. In fact, it is my understanding that the USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports. Why do you suppose that is?

Just to let you know:
The USA is also the only country in the world to nuke another country. Our military cannot take the high grounds on anything, as far as I am concerned. They obviously do not care about  life. Why on earth would they care about kids being fat? I call it PATHOLOGICAL ALTRUISM: which means the military is altruistic only for their own gains.

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0199738572

1) Even if it's true diabetes is better than cancer. I'll take the chemo thank you
2) There are also a lot of children that want to be cowboys. Then reality hits in their later years and they pick another profession. Some kids still focus on the dream of getting into sports but I believe those would be in the minority.
3) Given that my school had soccer and basketball teams and the richer schools had football teams, I'm going to say no the US isn't the only country with school sports.
4) The US dropped nukes because they were the first to build them. If another country had built nukes first they would have been the ones to use them.
5) Yep the military cares nothing about life. That's why there's no medical core and Afghanistan and Iraq are nuclear wastelands right?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#55    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 5,874 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:



I took lots and lots of science classes.


I find this very, very hard to believe with some of the things you have posted.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."


"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."


RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#56    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,897 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Quote

In fact, it is my understanding that the USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports. Why do you suppose that is?


Maybe you should check your facts before coming and spouting bs like this. You wonder why people don't believe you?


Quote


The military thinking and acting as if I do not have a say in my child's rearing and education is atrocious.


Everyone in the country has a say in how their government's institutions function, and everyone has a right to voice their opinion on what they believe to be problems in the society they live in. That includes those in the military. If you mean to tell me that they have no right to speak on this issue, then I'd kindly ask you to **** as well, because it seems that on this message board,  no one is interested in what you have to say.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#57    aztek

aztek

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,810 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 03 October 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

I find this very, very hard to believe with some of the things you have posted.
i do believe, she took them alright, but most likely those were science of reality denial classes. my guess she passed them with flying colors.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#58    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

    Seeker of knowledge

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The mists at the edge of your dreams...

  • "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Just to toss in an opinion on the first couple of posts I read.

When I went to public schools (Sept.,1971 to June, 1983).  There were no vending machines until Jr. High and High school and the drink machines had juices (grape, apple, orange and grapefruit) and the other vending machines had trail mix, granola bars, peanut butter and crackers or cheese and crackers.  There was no sodas or candy.  Soda and candy were only sold at concession stands during sporting events or other extracurricular activities.

I don't think the military is far off message.  As the recipients of the products of public education, perhaps they have a right to point out what their observations have concluded.

The problem is on one level...and this is just an observation...people have no self control.  They don't care what garbage they shove in their mouth...especially when they are young.  They have no grasp of the long term problems "junk food" can cause with all the processed additives and chemicals...the crap is literally a long term toxin.

When I was in my 20's and early 30's...I had a super metabolism...I could pretty much eat anything and never gain an ounce...I rarely ever got sick.  Since I hit the 40's, I've had to be a little more conscientious about what I eat.  I no longer drink sodas...I rarely eat candy though I do have a weakness for Chips Ahoy cookies.  I am 6'-3 and 195 pounds in my... erm...later-middle 40's.  I tell you what though...when I was in school...there was very-very few overweight kids.  In most of my elementary and Jr. High classes, you could count the overwieght kids on one hand.  In fact, in my graduating class of 97 students...there was only 7 that were "overweight"....and not all of them were obese.

So yeah....there is a problem.  I do not know what causes overweight and obese children but I have my suspicions....and they are not founded on anything but my own personal observation and critical thinking....and maybe some common sense.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#59    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 12,006 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 October 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

In fact, it is my understanding that the USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports.
That's a surprise to me, we had "inter-school sport" in High School, still do. In fact, "inter-school sport" starts at year 6 (age 11/12). And this is Australia.
We don't go as mad for it as you Yanks do, it's more "just something to do on a Friday afternoon" then an obsession that'll set you up for life. Mind you, all current "sport stars" (assuming they're from a team sport) started in High School.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#60    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,736 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 03 October 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Just to toss in an opinion on the first couple of posts I read.

When I went to public schools (Sept.,1971 to June, 1983).  There were no vending machines until Jr. High and High school and the drink machines had juices (grape, apple, orange and grapefruit) and the other vending machines had trail mix, granola bars, peanut butter and crackers or cheese and crackers.  There was no sodas or candy.  Soda and candy were only sold at concession stands during sporting events or other extracurricular activities.

I don't think the military is far off message.  As the recipients of the products of public education, perhaps they have a right to point out what their observations have concluded.

The problem is on one level...and this is just an observation...people have no self control.  They don't care what garbage they shove in their mouth...especially when they are young.  They have no grasp of the long term problems "junk food" can cause with all the processed additives and chemicals...the crap is literally a long term toxin.

When I was in my 20's and early 30's...I had a super metabolism...I could pretty much eat anything and never gain an ounce...I rarely ever got sick.  Since I hit the 40's, I've had to be a little more conscientious about what I eat.  I no longer drink sodas...I rarely eat candy though I do have a weakness for Chips Ahoy cookies.  I am 6'-3 and 195 pounds in my... erm...later-middle 40's.  I tell you what though...when I was in school...there was very-very few overweight kids.  In most of my elementary and Jr. High classes, you could count the overwieght kids on one hand.  In fact, in my graduating class of 97 students...there was only 7 that were "overweight"....and not all of them were obese.

So yeah....there is a problem.  I do not know what causes overweight and obese children but I have my suspicions....and they are not founded on anything but my own personal observation and critical thinking....and maybe some common sense.

GMOs, artificial growth hormones, HFCS, and artificial sweetners are wrecking the collective metabolism of the the anglo nations. I'm glad they're finally starting to wise up. It's definitely not too late to fix things.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users